PDA

View Full Version : CoP Alone

DizRunner
11-18-2011, 07:07 AM
I run the Disney Marathon or Half every other year. I'll be down there this coming January. I always go to the MK on Sunday which is an evening EMH day.

In 2010 I was riding the TTA around 9pm and I noticed how no guests were at the CoP. I thought to myself that once I get off the TTA I'll head over to the CoP and see that, hopefully all by myself.

Well when my ride was over I headed over to CoP and they had closed for the night. (Not an attraction that stays open late for EMH.)

So these last two years I've planned that I'm going to see one of the last shows of CoP before it closes for the night. And hopefully be in there all by myself. I think it would feel kind of eerie. Hopefully, I can conjure up the ghost of Walt and have him watch it with me. Ha!

Any CMs out there who would know if they would mind if while the seats have stopped during each segment I got up and walked back and forth in the front row to see things up close? Of course I would know when the outer ring would start up again and I'd sit down. But then when it would stop, I'd get up and walk back and forth again.

I'm 46 years old and grew up watching old WWoC shows on Sunday evenings. Now that I'm older I've learned to love and appreciate those shows and all that Walt did during the NYWF '64 and '65. Therefore, I've learned to appreciate CoP. I hope they never close it down.

Thanks!

greengeen
11-18-2011, 08:43 AM
I think you need to file this one under "unfulfilled fantasy". If CoP is open, you will not be the only one on it, although you may find it less full than usual. And there's no way you would be allowed to get up and walk around the front of the stage... Sorry, no.

DizRunner
11-18-2011, 09:28 AM
I need to clarify. Not actually ON stage. I know that's not possible. I'm talking in front of the first row of seats.

If not, that's no big deal. I'll still sit in the first row.

Thanks!

ransam
11-18-2011, 10:51 AM
i do think it's possible to be all alone.
I was all alone once late at night during the American Experience at Epcot, and it was kind of cool to be the 0nly ne there

Main Street Jim
11-18-2011, 05:32 PM
As a former CoP ride operator, I can tell you that if the CM operating the attraction sees a guest walking around during the "show stops" (at each scene) on the video monitors, they are trained to emergency-stop the ride, run back to whichever scene the movement is in, and, well..."reprimand" the guest. I've done that more than my share of times as an operator, and there's more than a few guests who would *hate* to sit through a single show scene more than once. :)

Just would hate to see you get in trouble for wandering around the theater :)

MinnieMommie
11-18-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm a long time COP fan and have been sitting through this attraction for many years. I have to agree with Jim. The CMs overseeing COP do not play. I have seen them on more than one occasion stop the attraction and make sure people are in their seats. Sorry.

DizRunner
11-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Oh that's fine. And I understand whole-heartedly. Just curious.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Still seeing it at night with hardly no one in the theater would be cool.

Dopey's Girl
11-19-2011, 07:25 PM
The last time I was on CoP, there were only 3 of us in a room, myself and a couple. When the song started, the man and I started singing. The wife asked if I wanted to spend the rest of the week with him since we obviously had the same strange taste in attractions. I about died laughing. :blush:

When moving from room 2 to 3, someone must have moved, because the ride stopped, and we heard them getting scolded.

DizRunner
11-20-2011, 08:09 PM
I, Brian (DizRunner), vow never to stand up during the CoP. :)

(On Youtube do a search on "Carousel of Progress Angry") :)

I was telling a friend of mine about seeing it alone and he directed me to this video. Too funny.

Butters
11-21-2011, 08:15 AM
I, Brian (DizRunner), vow never to stand up during the CoP. :)

(On Youtube do a search on "Carousel of Progress Angry") :)

I was telling a friend of mine about seeing it alone and he directed me to this video. Too funny.

That video is pretty funny, not sure why they didn't just toss out the people standing rather than make everyone else wait, and eventually walk out.