PDA

View Full Version : Magic Elf / Elf on a Shelf

bpressnell
11-17-2011, 03:12 PM
We will be coming to Disney the Sunday after Thanksgiving and were thinking of bringing our Elf down with us as he normally arrives at our house during this time for the holidays. Do any of you know if the staff will "help" the elves be mischevious if they are in the room when they come clean?

Patricia
11-17-2011, 03:32 PM
I think if you left the Elf out they would do something with him. They are always setting up/propping our things when I'm there, but not everyone is familiar with the Elf on the Shelf.

:elf:

vicster
11-17-2011, 04:46 PM
I bet if you catch your "Mousekeeper" and explain she'll defintely do something.

buzznwoodysmom
11-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Our elf, Clyde, is coming to WDW with us too. After we planned our trip my son almost had a panic attack when he remembered that our Elf on the Shelf would still be visiting us during our trip. He was so worried our elf wouldn't be able to find us. I hope your elf enjoys his trip to WDW!!!!!

disneymom15
11-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Probably a stupid question, who or what is an "elf on a shelf"?

Marymouse2003
11-17-2011, 07:11 PM
I love "Elf on the Shelf". My friends daughter named her elf "Pierre". Basically, if you are a good little boy or girl, then the elf, will be off the shelf and has brought/bought you a gift. It's a precious little game and can be little to nothing or expensive little treats, but either way, the child will remember it always. Demi, can't wait for Pierre to return this year. Hope that helps with the explanation and I know having your elf with you @ wdw, will be a special year. I'm sure mousekeeping would love to help or, you can always "forget" your camera in the room each day and have to circle quickly back to the room to put the elf/gift whereever you have set up. I know Demi has a tree in her room, when pierre isn't on the fireplace, she knows to run and ck under her little tree. It's really sweet!!

buzznwoodysmom
11-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Our elf is a little different than what the previous poster just explained. The book that came with our elf explained that the elf is there as a "scout" for Santa. Each night he flys back to Santa to tell him all the good and any of the bad the children of the house have done that day. In the morning the children wake up and have to find where their Elf has decided to "land" that day, and its always in a different spot.

When my kids are doing something they know they shouldn't all I have to do is remind them that our elf is watching and listening. They don't want Clyde, the elf, to report bad news to Santa, so they seem to be extra well behaved around the hoidays. Its also a great way to get them up in the mornings. When we get the usual moans in the morning we remind them that Clyde is back and waiting for someone to find him. They normally dart out of bed to see who can find him first. Our elf does not bring any kinds of treats or gifts. If you do a web search I'm sure you can find the exact story of Elf on the Shelf.