PDA

View Full Version : Best Parks for Holidays

debbymc4
11-15-2011, 08:09 PM
We're planning to visit in December with our three year-old. We won't be going to the MVMCP event, but we will be there for two days. Which two parks have the best holiday decorations?

brownie
11-16-2011, 08:01 AM
My choices would be Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. Magic Kingdom would be a close third.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Epcot has the best in my opinion...also the best to handle crowds for major holidays

rjmdds
11-16-2011, 09:15 AM
EPCOT is wonderful for the holidays. I love the Magic Kingdom as well during this time of year. Nothing beats the way the castle looks at night. For a 3 year old though, the Magic Kingdom is going to be it. I would say the adults will appreciate EPCOT more during the holidays.

W24toISMdirect
11-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Ok first off all... elephant in the room. Contrary to what people who go all the time would tell you: You can't go to WDW for 2 days and not go the Magic Kingdom, so let's just all agree on that universal truth and move on.

...now that that's out of the way, I'd have to say Epcot or Hollywood Studios. Epcot in general will have a lot of Christmassy stuff and Illuminations, and DHS has Obsborne lights.

GBBT
11-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Magic Kingdom is and will ALWAYS be my favorite for any time of the year.:thumbsup:

rjmdds
11-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Magic Kingdom is and will ALWAYS be my favorite for any time of the year.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup::sleigh:

Stu29573
11-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Its strange how people's opinions differ. By far my first choice is The Magic Kingdom, followed by Epcot and then "the others." Other than the Osbourne Lights, I didn't think HS had a particularly "Holiday Magical" feel to it. Magic Kingdom, however, lived up to its name and was even better when the "snow" fell at MVMCP...:mickey:

DizneyRox
11-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Which parks? MK and AK IMHO.

I hate going to MK with a passion, however for the holidays it's decorated spectacularly. AK is a great park and they do a really good job for the holiday's as well.

Epcot is my choice to visit on any major holiday day, just because it handles crowds better than any other park. MGM is blah for the holiday's. We try to stay away no matter what.

Any park will have decorations, but visiting only one, it would be MK (accompanied by a trip over to the Grand Floridian as well). If you are not park hopping and don't want to "waste a day" at AK, then probably Epcot would be another full day experience.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Ok first off all... elephant in the room. Contrary to what people who go all the time would tell you: You can't go to WDW for 2 days and not go the Magic Kingdom, so let's just all agree on that universal truth and move on.

...now that that's out of the way, I'd have to say Epcot or Hollywood Studios. Epcot in general will have a lot of Christmassy stuff and Illuminations, and DHS has Obsborne lights.

But of course, that's why I only gave opinions on one park :D...MUST DO MK.

Katzateer
11-16-2011, 01:37 PM
EPCOT would have been my first choice for an adult but I was disappointed last year-a lot has been taken away in the last few years.

I love the studios because of the Osbourne Lights but they are VERY crowded.

If you are only Going to WDW for 2 days with a 3 year old I would go to the MK and the other day resort hop. Don't miss the hotels on the monorail. The GF is amazing and you could do a character meal while there.

Have a great time! Fun time of year to visit!

AllDisney
11-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Magic Kingdom & Epcot

Gator
11-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Illumination Holiday Edition is worth the trip to Epcot - not to mention all the other cool holiday stuff they have around World Showcase. As much as I love Osbourne Spectacle at DHS, you have to go with MK. They have great decorations, plus the holiday lights on the castle are awesome.

Jeff
11-16-2011, 08:09 PM
My family has been at WDW over Christmas week each year for the last 10 years or so....

1. MK - A family Christmas picture with your whole family in Mickey n Minnie "Santa" hats with the castle or Main Street in the background is a must. Castle at night is awesome. Main Street is decorated beautifully!

2. Epcot - great family picture opportunity at the Epcot main entrance with Character topiaries n Spaceship Earth in the background is worth the visit itself. The big tree at the entrance to WS is impressive but the loss of the arches/light/music show on the bridge has lessened the beauty of Epcot at Christmas. Still number two however.