PDA

View Full Version : Best Parade Viewing and Counter Service During MVMCP?

Goes4FastPass
11-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Hey Merry Carolers,

What counter service is offered during MVMCP?

It seems like last year we sat on the porch steps at Pecos Bill and munched while the parade went by. Not a bad way to spend an hour, actually.

Is Main Street really the best place to watch the parade or would we do better to ‘camp out’ where we can watch the parade and the fireworks without moving?

Main Street Jim
11-15-2011, 05:28 PM
My suggestions:

See the fireworks first, then the second parade. Lot less crowded, and most of the crowd leaves after fireworks at one of the parties.

Great viewing: the curb on either side of Main Street near either Casey's or the Ice Cream parlor, more towards the Castle (between said Casey's/Ice Cream and where the Hub splits off to the "circle").

rjmdds
11-15-2011, 07:59 PM
I agree with Main Street Jim. We were at the party last Wednesday and we had no problem getting a great spot on Main Street for the second parade. We watched the fireworks at the Dessert Party then headed over to Main Street. We had our choice of spots along Main Street but sat just up from Casey's towards the hub. It was fantastic. There was no crowd pushing toward the curb . We had plenty of room. I would highly recommend holding off until that 2nd parade if you can. It is so much more relaxed an enjoyable.

W24toISMdirect
11-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Second parade is going to be a tough sell with young children. We're doing good if the DS5 makes it to the fireworks without a major breakdown and/or simply passing out. Which is of course a big reason why the second parade is a lot less crowded.

11-16-2011, 12:44 AM
I'm going to disagree a bit with the "best" place to watch and suggest down by Confectionery.

I've been at 5 different positions for the first five parties from the Castle down to Town Sq.

Tonight I was at the Confectionery crosswalk (Jim will know where) for the first time in the 3 years I have been doing parades for the Xmas parties.

The party parade slows down a bit as it makes the turn into Town Sq. giving a longer look at it and it seems to have a lot more "intimacy" with the guests at that point. The character floats get closer to the corner there, the toy soldiers are practically at the curb as they make the turn and the Santa float is real close also. The whole turn area is a narrow street compared to the Main St. / Hub area.

Just my $.02 but I've worked about 30+ Christmas parties and by Confectionery has been my best position yet for enjoying the parade while working.

Goes4FastPass
11-17-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm confused (so what else is new?).

The Main Street Confectionery on the train station end of Main Street opposite teh Emporium, right?

is the crosswalk 1129 refers to around the corner going toward's Tony'sTS or on Main Street. I like the idea of being right on that corner.

Main Street Jim
11-17-2011, 06:59 PM
I know where he's talkin' about :)

When the ropes are set up for the parades, on the Confectionery corner (on the Tony's side, opposite Emporium).

If you can get to it early enough, also, when the ropes are set up, in the Town Square "triangle", right in between Confectionery and Emporium. The ropes form a "triangle" of sorts, and sets the Castle right in the backdrop looking up Main Street. Not a bad spot, either ;)