PDA

View Full Version : Do you buy new ??

minnie04
11-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Just curious... Do you buy new clothes to go to Disney World?? I do. I like everyone to look nice and clean (put together) I don't know why, but I do..

SBETigg
11-15-2011, 03:31 PM
I do buy some new things, and then I mix things in from my current wardrobe, or packed away summer wardrobe, too.

Disney4us2
11-15-2011, 04:02 PM
I do both. Some new and some old. Always new unmentionables:blush::secret:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
11-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Not usually. Although I will be getting some T's and Polo Shirts embroidered with some Disneyana for my DD and I's trip in June. And I probably need some new shorts/lightweight capris.

azcavalier
11-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Not usually. Although I will be getting some T's and Polo Shirts embroidered with some Disneyana for my DD and I's trip in June. And I probably need some new shorts/lightweight capris.

Like these guys, if we buy something new, it's usually something related to the trip...like we'll have some t-shirts made or something like that.

Mousemates
11-15-2011, 04:19 PM
nope...though when the kids were young (and would not completely rebel against it) mrs mousemates would occasionally get some kind of personalized and similarly themed shirts (the last time it was tiki characters) for our first day in the parks.

Goes4FastPass
11-15-2011, 04:27 PM
We don't usually buy new stuff because theme park days are actually a grind.

I'm embarrassed to admit I usually take too many shirts and pants and carry half of it back from the trip unworn.

But I want to hear more about Disney4Us2's unmentionables...:goofy2:

Disney4us2
11-15-2011, 04:42 PM
We don't usually buy new stuff because theme park days are actually a grind.

I'm embarrassed to admit I usually take too many shirts and pants and carry half of it back from the trip unworn.

But I want to hear more about Disney4Us2's unmentionables...:goofy2:

:funny: Just packaged undies;)

buzznwoodysmom
11-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Yes, I always get some new stuff. A few new outfits for each of us, then we also bring old stuff too. For some reason I tend to go overboard with new PJs for us all.

LVT
11-15-2011, 05:04 PM
No, I sort of think of WDW as sitting on the ground or curb, and there are the dirty seats from grubby ice-creamed coated patrons.
They may try to keep the place clean, but it is not possible on a moment by moment basis.
It sure would be less fun for the kids to be dressed up and required to be clean while playing.

Dopey's Girl
11-15-2011, 05:43 PM
I may use a trip for an excuse for a new shirt or two, but I buy new socks every trip. My family picks on me for it, but I love new trip socks!

DizneyRox
11-15-2011, 06:08 PM
We usually bring old stuff on trips and discard it, making room for new items purchased. Wearing new items is asking for trouble if you want my opinion.

SandmanGStefani24
11-15-2011, 08:01 PM
yep, every time. :mickey:

It's a nice little plus to look at/wear a shirt afterwards knowing you wore that item first at WDW. Plus I also love to look my best at the World, not sure why either since I am not keen on clothes or fashion at all. Just a tshirt and jeans guy, but at least they are new at WDW lol.

As a side note, I do have a pair of Jordans (Retro VI's in red black and white) that I have only worn at WDW. I couldn't afford them when I was a kid so I have them now on display in my room, only worn twice, both at Epcot. What can I say, I'm a bit of a nerd...

disneyfan328
11-15-2011, 08:21 PM
We always get some new things for the trip - and of course then we always take our favorite disney shirts too. Like some of the other posters new undies and socks for everyone as its just easier to pack them! (and new socks for all of that walking!!!) but usually just go with whatever jeans, shorts etc. that we have - I always make some shirts for all of us and hairbows for DD to match some of her outfits but nothing expensive. We like to try to have at least one day where we all have somewhat matching shirts and its normally on a MK day so that we get a nice family pic in front of the castle that we all look coordinated in!

buzznwoodysmom
11-15-2011, 08:30 PM
I see some of you mention not wanting to get new/good clothes messed up. In all our trips, number 15 in a few weeks, we have never come home with stained or ruined clothes. And we've traveled to WDW since our kids were 2 years old and 9 months old. We have gone pretty much every year, so every age from a baby to now 11 and 9 years old. Not a single item of stained, torn, or ruined clothes. That thought actually never even crossed my mind when shopping for new cute outfits for our trips!

Scar
11-15-2011, 08:49 PM
With the exception of a suit I bought last year, and a couple of Civil War period clothes, I haven't bought clothes in 3 years.

I'm hoping to go a few more years before I have to buy any more. At I-15 I'll be the guy in a torn T-shirt.:cool:

alaMode
11-15-2011, 10:15 PM
I never buy new clothes for a WDW trip b/c we typically travel off-season. That means getting the summer clothes out of storage. DS does buy new T-shirts while we're there, so he usually brings his current collection to wear.

When we visit more than one time in the same year, it's not unusual for DS to have the same outfits on from trip to trip. It can make remembering when photos were taken difficult!

I bring a set of the exact same outfit for each day of the trip...Dark wash capris, black t-shirt, Birkenstocks or other black sandals...boring, but presentable in most situations and easy to pack!

kakn7294
11-15-2011, 11:14 PM
I buy new if we need new, othewise, we wear what we have that are our favorites.

Tink#64
11-15-2011, 11:24 PM
I may use a trip for an excuse for a new shirt or two, but I buy new socks every trip. My family picks on me for it, but I love new trip socks!

:high5: Me too! :silly: But yes, we all get a few new pieces, DS's more than DH & I because they're still outgrowing their clothes! :ack: And I do like "put together" outfits, and I don't want every years WDW pics to have all of us wearing the same exact clothes! :drama: :silly:

darthmacho
11-16-2011, 07:36 AM
Vacations are the only time of year I buy clothes. Every August, whether we're going to WDW, ME, NH, or wherever, I buy enough socks, undies, and shorts, as well as a new pair of footwear, all of which I promptly pack (except for the shoes) and don't open until I'm away. As for shirts, I may buy one or two, and then I'll get the rest on the trip! It's always my goal to come home with new vacation t-shirts. I still have WDW shirts from 98, 99, and 03. :blush:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Not usually...we go for comfort not style and shoes especially are best broken in a bit. I did however go buy some new jeans for our upcoming trip just because I only have two decent pair and needed some more to get me through the trip.

Butters
11-16-2011, 08:15 AM
It never even occurred to me to buy new clothes just for a vacation. I feel like I spend enough time planning that I wouldn't want to add shopping trips to the planning too.

minnie04
11-16-2011, 09:18 AM
No, I sort of think of WDW as sitting on the ground or curb, and there are the dirty seats from grubby ice-creamed coated patrons.
They may try to keep the place clean, but it is not possible on a moment by moment basis.
It sure would be less fun for the kids to be dressed up and required to be clean while playing.

I have to agree... I do buy new things such as confy clothes for the kids, but I dont go all designer on it. I just like the t-shirts to be nice and not worn out, the shorts comfortable and the light jackets not fadded.. what ever happens once we are there is totally cool if they get stained or messed up..

MrPeetrie
11-16-2011, 10:54 AM
We (almost) always go to our local Disney store the night before our departure to buy anything my wife and DD8 "thinks" they need for the trip. I generally don't however.

For me, I try to wear something from not only Disney, but also more specifically from Disney Parks, each day of the trip. in fact, it's even worse than that. I have certain favorite shirts I wear on specific days. For example, I always wear my red Four Parks One World t-shirt (the one with the property entrance on the front and the signatures on the back) on our first day at Magic Kingdom. Additionally, I always wear my green t-shirt that has the four park logos on the front on our first visit to Animal Kingdom.

I usually add two t-shirts and two dress shirts on every trip. Then next year I will work newer stuff in and older stuff out. The two aforementioned shirts are MUST-WEARS until they completely disintegrate.

Victor Kelly
11-16-2011, 11:13 AM
New shoes 6 months out to break in.

New socks just before the trip.

Other than that, unless we are in need of something we don"t buy anything new to go on trips. Besides my wife has a 10x10 foot room as a walk in closet.:bang: And doesn't wear 1/3 of what she has.

Buttercup
11-16-2011, 01:42 PM
We always buy new Disney-themed t-shirts! Usually we go to Florida sometime early in the year, so it's a common occurrence for Santa to bring us new Disney jammies, t-shirts, and sometimes even gift cards for the upcoming trip! :mickey::santa2::santa:

BeccaO
11-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Going shopping before a trip to Disney is always on our list of things to do!!! That's part of the fun of planning in my opinion!!!

DVC2004
11-16-2011, 03:20 PM
A few things, usually a few new tops. I like to look different in my pictures from trip to trip to help tell them apart.

PETE FROM NYC
11-16-2011, 05:06 PM
The only new stuff we buy is what we need in general, not just for WDW.
A trip to the World costs enough as it is without having to purchase a new wardrobe.
Besides, DW is always looking to buy more Tees and such every trip anyways.

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-16-2011, 05:17 PM
I am always thinking of photo ops and I'm a scrapbooker and I'm a dork.

So, I have my kids "match" the park/event that we are going to for the photo ops. And just cuz I like them to match... they're 6 and 4 yrs old and my dressing them to match days are numbered.

Now, it's not always new outfits or shirts but, when I buy clothes for summer, I usually buy a few outfits that they can wear with Disney-in-the-fall in mind. :thumbsup:

AllDisney
11-16-2011, 05:46 PM
We buy a few new things:secret:

LauraByTheSea
11-16-2011, 08:21 PM
A few things, usually a few new tops. I like to look different in my pictures from trip to trip to help tell them apart.

Yes, me too...

Usually we buy DH a new pair of shorts or 2, but he's a t-shirt collector, so we save all the buying for when we're there. He probably comes home with 3-5 new t-shirts every trip.

Kathy Jetson
11-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Yes I want to be wearing different clothes in the pictures each year!

Brer Rabbitt
11-17-2011, 03:23 PM
I do! I do that for pretty much every vacation, though. I make sure with my Disney clothing that I always have something Disney related to wear! For our upcoming trip in June, I already have a shirt for DS first trip!

kemps@wdw
11-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Depends on if the old ones don't fit, or the old shoes are worn out. We have accumulated so much Disney apparel, over the years, that we really don't need new stuff. But, you know, we always seem to come home with new things (love the gift w/purchase). :D

kakn7294
11-19-2011, 01:10 PM
As a side note, I do have a pair of Jordans (Retro VI's in red black and white) that I have only worn at WDW. I couldn't afford them when I was a kid so I have them now on display in my room, only worn twice, both at Epcot. What can I say, I'm a bit of a nerd...As a side note to your side note, I have a friend who has nearly every pair of Jordans ever made - never worn. She has a HUGE collection! She plans to sell them someday.

luvdiznee
11-19-2011, 05:55 PM
I don't buy new just for Disney. But usually if I have something new, I will take it there. My new stuff is really when we get to Disney, such as a; resort shirt, special event shirt (F&W Festival, MNSSHP, etc) or one with the current year on it that we are there. I just usually like something to mark the ocassion. :cloud9:

Dopey's Girl
11-19-2011, 07:18 PM
:high5: Me too! :silly: But yes, we all get a few new pieces, DS's more than DH & I because they're still outgrowing their clothes! :ack: And I do like "put together" outfits, and I don't want every years WDW pics to have all of us wearing the same exact clothes! :drama: :silly:

Yeah for new vacation socks!!

ANG
11-23-2011, 08:46 AM
Nope.

But I do like to buy the kids a new shirt with their favorite Disney character on it:mickey:

gokatgo
11-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Fun post! We do buy some new clothes. We have coordinating outfits - not matching but coordinating each day. That way, it's easy to find the kids and the Photo Pass pictures look great. We leave tomorrow for two weeks and we have 14 coordinating outfits for 5 people. I did shopping to fill in what we needed like a grey tshirt for Dad or a navy polo for my son.

Plus we needed Christmas outfits for MVMCP on 11/29.

Fortunately, my family happily goes along with my craziness!

mickeys_princess_mom
11-29-2011, 09:57 PM
I see some of you mention not wanting to get new/good clothes messed up. In all our trips, number 15 in a few weeks, we have never come home with stained or ruined clothes. And we've traveled to WDW since our kids were 2 years old and 9 months old. We have gone pretty much every year, so every age from a baby to now 11 and 9 years old. Not a single item of stained, torn, or ruined clothes. That thought actually never even crossed my mind when shopping for new cute outfits for our trips!

I was thinking the same thing! Never been an issue! I generally pick up some new clothes and mix them in with things I have. It just makes it more fun, and I'll wear them later, too. I always pick up some new tees (and a sweatshirt in the winter), jammies and a bag to wear while I'm there, and wear with fond memories when I come back. :wave:

PrettyMinnie
11-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Planning outfits and clothing for a vacation could possibly be my favorite thing (besides actually being on vacation!). Especially WDW vacations, as I plan for the weather and activities we will be doing. Unfortunately a beautiful new wardrobe for every vacation just isn't in the budget :( I try my best though!