PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPass CD - I think I'm going to cry

TheVBs
11-15-2011, 08:50 AM
So our PhotoPass pictures expired last Friday. We got the disc and this is the first chance I've had to look at it. Out of hundreds of photos, there are a total of 9 on the CD. I am so incredibly devastated. There were so many character pictures that were only on the PhotoPass. I don't know if there's any chance of recovery, or if they're lost forever. Has anyone had this happen to them? I've got another 10 minutes before I can call them. I think I might actually throw up. :(

Cinderelley
11-15-2011, 09:25 AM
So sorry to hear that. I think I've read before that they keep them past the expiration date. Good luck with it.

DizneyRox
11-15-2011, 11:03 AM
A call should help. From what I've seen and heard, they are pretty good at resolving problems.

TheVBs
11-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks guys! I gave them a call and they're going to resend the CD. It looks like I only got 1 CD when I was supposed to get 2. When she said they could just resend it I almost cried from relief! I did find out that our pictures that I uploaded won't be on the CD. Good to know! I thought they would be. I'll have to order prints of the ones I added borders too.

faline
11-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Good to hear!

Tink#64
11-15-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm so glad you called them & they were able to help you! To me, our WDW photo's are priceless! They were able to retrieve mine a few years ago, probably weeks after the expiration date. DH had transferred our personal WDW pics to our computer, and cleared them off the camera memory cards and then our computer crashed! :badpc: I was devastated! I had purchased only a couple of the photos from the Photopass CD prior to the expiration date, thinking that I had 100's of my own to fill our WDW photo album! I was so grateful that the CM was so wonderful and hepful! So many times WDW CM's have gone above & beyond to/for me, that's part of the magic for me! :magic:

brivers222
11-16-2011, 05:05 PM
our photos from Oct 2010 were finally removed from the photopass website... 13 months after our trip... they stay on there a LONG LONG time!

LVT
11-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Glad to hear you good luck. I wait to look myself.

Djscherr
11-17-2011, 12:37 PM
DH had transferred our personal WDW pics to our computer, and cleared them off the camera memory cards and then our computer crashed! :badpc: I was devastated!

I know it's against ToS to post certain links here but I really hope this one gets through. I've had to do this a few times, most lately when my aunt accidentally deleted all the pictures on her memory card (while in Disney World no less). Thankfully I had instructed enough of my family members on how to handle this issue so my other aunt told her to take the memory card out of her camera and set it aside.

I'm going to use caps here for emphasis not yelling. WHEN YOU DELETE PICTURES FROM YOUR MEMORY CARD THEY ARE NOT DELETED. All that is deleted are the pointers to the files, the data is still there. If you keep taking pictures your camera sees where your pictures were as free space and you may overwrite some of your pictures.

Once you get home put your memory card in your computer, download the program at this link http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital-image-recovery.htm and follow their instructions. It is a free program and I am not affiliated with them. I have recovered hundreds of photos for family members (Weddings, Birthdays, Trips) and I couldn't have done it without that program.

Sorry again for posting the link, but if it helps somebody save a ton of memories from their trip I'll be very happy.

Tink#64
11-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Djscherr, Wow! I had no idea! Thank you so much! I'm going to write down that link, this has happened more than once! :mad: And yes DH is still alive & well! :D I really appreciate the info, as I'm not convinced that it won't ever happen again! :ack:

I truly appreciate all my fellow Intercotees! :grouphug: :rocks:

TheVBs
11-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Great tip Djscherr! I didn't know that either.

Tink#64, I agree completely. There were so many PhotoPass photos we didn't have on our own camera. They would have been priceless memories lost. I'm not exaggerating when I say I actually felt light headed after looking at the disc and thinking those memories were lost to us. I won't completely relax until I get the new discs and confirm the photos are there.

Brivers, how funny that your photos were there that long and only just were taken off! I remember you mentioning that before.

Victor Kelly
11-18-2011, 11:18 AM
:muscles::muscles::yay::yay::clappy::high5::high5:

TheVBs
11-18-2011, 02:16 PM
The CD arrived today - but I can't celebrate yet. It had just the same 9 pictures the other CD had. :( Called again, spoke to another great person who determined that there was some kind of disconnect on the first order and instead of repeating it, she placed a new order. All 388 pictures are still there - thank goodness! :mickey: Now I'll just have to wait to see if they actually arrive on the next disc.

Tink#64
11-19-2011, 11:52 PM
TheVBs, I completely understand, maybe silly of me, but when our pictures were lost, I was just crushed. Silly as it is, it was almost like our vacation didn't happen! To me those pictures of our family vacations are just priceless. Years from now, those pictures help us to remember those magical times.

Let us know when you receive the new disc, many of us will be waiting to hear. Sending you some pixie dust that it all works out - Soon! :pixie:

TheVBs
11-21-2011, 05:01 PM
The good news: Received the 3rd disc today!

The bad news: Just the same 9 pictures. :(

Called them again, got a great person again, said she could not figure out what was going wrong. We're going to be sent a link for a downloadable CD and she's trying to email us the disc again. Fingers crossed!

Tink#64
11-21-2011, 11:38 PM
:confused: Wow! That's some kind of crazy! :fingers:Cross your fingers that they can get it figured out! :pixie:

TheVBs
11-24-2011, 08:43 AM
The downloadable CD worked!! :cloud9: We have all of our pictures, and since they were back on the PhotoPass site, I went ahead and ordered our photo xmas cards from there. It will be interesting to see if the next CD has all the photos or is like the others.

Cinderelley
11-24-2011, 09:00 PM
So glad to hear you got your pictures. :thumbsup:

Urbss
11-25-2011, 03:46 PM
I had this exact thing happen to me last year when we received our CD. I felt just like you did - I wanted to throw up!!

Anyway, before I had a chance to talk with someone at Disney, I pulled out the "Info sheet" or whatever it is that is placed in the inside of the CD case and there before my eyes was another CD, but it was completely hidden from view.

Is it possible that this is the same thing that happened to you?

TheVBs
11-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Great question! I checked under the first one, but not the last two. Just took a peek and there are no additional discs in either case. I'll be really curious to see if the next disc has them all. If not, at least I was able to download them. And by then I should have enough discs to make a PhotoPass mobile. :D

Tink#64
11-28-2011, 12:32 AM
:congrats: So glad it worked & you finally got your pics! :yay:

January-2007
12-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Keep us updated. This is the first time I'm contemplating pre-ordering the cd since we'll be there 2 weeks and DS is 2.

mom2morgan
12-04-2011, 02:17 PM
What a saga! I'm glad it all worked out and you got your pics - and I admire your fortitude! LOL

TheVBs
12-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys! :mickey: The final installment of the saga - got the 4th CD and it was the same as the previous 3 with only 9 pictures on it. But, no worries since I was able to download them all.

Everyone I spoke to at PhotoPass was great! They all assured me that no matter what, we would get our picture. And we did! :mickey: