PDA

View Full Version : Osbourne Lights

beksy
11-14-2011, 01:01 PM
We have only been to WDW once during the Christmas season since they started doing this and didn't allow ourselves nearly enough time to enjoy it all. I have read about things to look for in the Lights, such as hidden mickeys and a black cat, but is there anything else I should watch out for? I read somewhere that we should check it out with 3-D glasses but I can't remember seeing those being handed out anywhere. Was this part of the light show discontinued or did I just miss it? Thanks! :santa:

AllDisney
11-14-2011, 04:57 PM
I don't remember 3-D glasses being available.

While at WDW check out the ginger bread house at the Grand Floridian. Enjoy the snow at MK along Main St. Check out other decorations at the various resorts (AKL, WL, Boardwalk etc).

floridamom
11-14-2011, 07:29 PM
We haven't looked for hidden Mickeys at Osborne lights, but we have used special "angel light" glasses (I think we found them at CVS) that give a halo effect to all the lights. They are cardboard and plastic - similar to old 3D glasses.

One new element last year that our girls enjoyed were the voiceovers from Phineas and Ferb. We are looking forward to being there again this December!

Melanie
11-14-2011, 07:53 PM
There's a Prep and Landing segment this year that is cool. Not sure if they are still doing the Phineas & Ferb bit.

Something I noticed last night that I've never noticed before was the fireplace. Have I just overlooked this before, or is this new? Regardless, it's a very cool section.

JPL
11-14-2011, 09:00 PM
I love the Osbourne Lights and the little details make it even better. I still preferred it on the old Residential Street but the display on the Streets of America has grown on me over the years. I usually try to stay to see all the different songs and spend some time strolling along looking for new details and some old favorites.:tree:

Disney4
11-17-2011, 01:38 PM
In MK we got some glasses called "Snowman in Every Light". They were like the polarized 3D glasses, but they had snowmen in the lenses that caused every light to show a smowman image. If you looked at 100 lights, you saw 100 snowmen. These were really cool for the Osborne lights too!

They sell these at various stores so you could pick them up ahead of time. If you live in an area that has a fireworks store, you can get the regular polarizing glasses that they market as "3D viewing glasses".