PDA

View Full Version : Mvmcp

Airblue1
11-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Ok
Don't to be a Debbie Downer
However for seperate admission between 57-63 dollars.
You basically get cocoa and fake snow flakes.
I'm I missing something here?
Is this one of those it's Disney people will buy
anything or is their some justification
behind the price?
Thanks a Million!

emerzmom
11-13-2011, 09:56 PM
I think this is one of those "it depends" things. If you are really into Christmas and parades and shows then you will probably enjoy it and feel that it is worth it. If you are not into the parades and shows that much then you might not think it is worth the money.
I think the parties are fun and would go but I totally get it that the parties are not for everyone.
Not sure if this helps...just my thoughts on it.
:mickey:
Julie

HackLaSalle
11-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Its more than coco and fake snow. Its the parade the fireworks, seeing rare characters. Its the park having less (most nights) people in it. Ultimately if you dont want to pay dont. It was worth the money to me.

BigFatDaddy
11-14-2011, 12:00 AM
We went to it four years ago. We were excited for it and couldn't wait for the snow on main street. Having less people in the park was nice. We took advantage of going to the second parade and went on rides while others were at the first parade. We had the cocoa and cookies. Don't really know if it was worth the extra money though. Glad we went but I don't know if we would do it again.

amy711
11-14-2011, 07:25 AM
I have taken my kids to the party both times we were there and am looking forward to doing it again when we go in 2013. It was a great time and my kids got to meet characters they didn't get to see any other times.

floridamom
11-14-2011, 10:18 AM
As a passholder I cannot justify the additional cost of separate party tickets for our family. Also, our girls are early birds and at this age wouldn't enjoy being out that late. However, for those who buy daily park passes anyway and have kids who can stay up and enjoy the festivities, I can understand the appeal.

Disney4
11-14-2011, 12:23 PM
We love going to mvmcp, but I am afraid it has become somewhat redundant over the past few years. Has there been anything new introduced this year to make the expense worthwhile?

Mogie
11-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Got a trip next month and and leaning heavily towards skipping the Xmas Party. For the price it just doesnt seem worth it just for a parade and show. for the $120 something dollars I can spend that towards a very nice meal. Not to mention Fantasmic and Illuminations are both going on at the same time and are very worthy alternatives.

Goes4FastPass
11-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Yes, the parade is different and the fireworks are a bit more spectacular and yes, I have 5 tickets bought and packed for MVMCP during our upcoming stay…

But that having been said, I think it’s 100% possible for a family to have a very merry holiday stay at Walt Disney World without attending MVMCP. I get a little fretted when discussion board posters are (too) quick to advise total strangers, “buy 2 of everything!”

And I guess I’d be Debbie Downer’s brother if I said that the cookies and hot cocoa aren’t worth a DDP snack credit let alone the price of a MVMCP admission.

And darn it, the rarely appearing characters are well, rarely appearing, so the lines to take a picture with them can be very long.

Then there was the we attended MVMCP and it rained ALL evening. Not the typical Central Florida afternoon downpour that clears off and dries up in minutes but a slow steady drizzle that would, on any other night have us saying, “We’ll come back tomorrow night.”

Whew!

BUT a visit to MVMCP costs less than dinner at Narcoosee’s and I can get that dinner from 30 different places where I live… but we don’t have 6 foot tall marching wooden soldiers in Charlotte!

So a month from now I’ll decorate our stroller with battery operated Christmas lights and when Santa Claus goes by I'll wave and, as we say in the south, "Act a fool."

minnie04
11-14-2011, 04:56 PM
To be honest...for us its the price & the fact that the park isnt as full as the regular days..:mickey:

Airblue1
11-14-2011, 08:38 PM
That was a wondering I had, if the park has less congestion. We went a few years ago from Dec 18-24 and basically got all the same things as the celebration, but if u basically get more ride time that might be worth the $.

JPL
11-14-2011, 08:45 PM
I think it's all a matter of perspective. If you are just going to the Party and do not already have admission to the park it's not a bad deal. You can enter the park at 4PM with your ticket and you get 8 hours in the park with the party. I can see if you have admission already and then buy the party ticket it being seen as expensive. I go to the MVMCP every year I am there for the holidays. I think the shows, parades and fireworks are worth it. So it can also depend on your approach to the party as well. If you take advantage of the special offerings the party is worth the extra money IMHO but if you are there just to ride attractions it's not.

MrPeetrie
11-15-2011, 10:00 AM
I've only managed to get to WDW at Christmastime a few times, but I've attended the MVMCP each time. For us, it was well worth the extra money.

It is such a festive atmosphere. (If you are a Christmas fan, you'll love it.) The parade on Main Street is wonderful. There are children running around in pajamas, trying to catch snowflakes on their tongues. Last time I attended, they had a Christmas show at the Galaxy Theatre. I love the free cookies and cocoa.

The price has jumped significantly since our last attendance in 2002. I can definitely see having second doubts about paying the added cost. But if you go, I think you'll enjoy it.

pirate pixie
11-15-2011, 01:00 PM
I have to say we have been to disney every year for the past 7 years during october and always go to the MNSHP . I admit we have it down to a science the parade , the songs, the floats, the candy spots :) and it never gets old . this year however we skipped disney this fall couldnt handle it so now we are surprising our daughter with a christmas trip . and yes we have tickets to the party . WE can not wait it will be so neat to see something diffrent . I guess what i am saying is " who cares if its the same parade or fireworks your in FReaking Disney world enjoy it . act like a kid , make your family smile " Some of our best times together have been at the party that we have been to a million times . i am just worried that i will miss the pumpkins :) im not used to seeing christmas .

disneydementia
11-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Ok....We have our tickets....we are excited....I know it will be worth it......Just want to know....is the parade and fireworks different from the regular Christmas parade and fireworks?:mickey:

LovinWDW
11-16-2011, 03:51 PM
We are attending for the first time this year. We have done MNSSHP several times and love it. Expect the same with MVMCP. Keeping our fingers crossed!

dinahvixen
11-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Did I read correctly above? We can get in at 4 if we buy the MVMCP tix? I am going to Orlando with my sisters just for the weekend and was toying with the idea of going to the party, but I thought the hours were 7 to 12. Are you allowed in earlier if you only have party tix and not day tix?

LauraByTheSea
11-16-2011, 08:13 PM
So we went for the first time this past Sunday, and it was totally worth it to us (me, DH and my DM). The parade alone did it for me. We've gone to MNSSHP 2 years in a row now, and will definitely do both again next year. Something about those parades... And I honestly can't stand the regular daytime parades! :shrug:

If you're unsure, my advice is do it once, just to see. You may end up loving it!

docswife
11-18-2011, 11:00 PM
For us we felt it was a 'must do' even though we're Annual Pass holders. We don't normally travel to Disney during this time of year so I want to take advantage of the opportunity to see the unique festivities that go on.

So a month from now I’ll decorate our stroller with battery operated Christmas lights and when Santa Claus goes by I'll wave and, as we say in the south, "Act a fool."

Love this idea! I can't wait to see the strollers decorated.

LVT
11-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Did I read correctly above? We can get in at 4 if we buy the MVMCP tix? I am going to Orlando with my sisters just for the weekend and was toying with the idea of going to the party, but I thought the hours were 7 to 12. Are you allowed in earlier if you only have party tix and not day tix?
The tickets say 7pm, but the tradition is 4pm.
Watch for comments on intercot, there have been concerns about the early entry changing.

AntMagsMom
11-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Has anyone seen the Christmas mugs that are like the resort refillables? Does anyone know what they look like or have a picture? I bought a Halloween one at MK this year and it wasn't refillable anywhere but the same plastic concept but it was Halloween.

TIA!

ANG
11-23-2011, 08:44 AM
We attended the party and will not do it again. We were "lucky" enough to have a SUPER hot December night. Hard to be in a good holiday mood when you are sweating at 10pm.

The shows/parades were nice. But I prefer the HAlloween party more.

brivers222
11-23-2011, 08:48 AM
I am so looking forward to the MVMCP... not once but three times during our stay :)

MNSSHP was so much fun and really i love just being in the MK late at night... and frankly the party is the only way to stay in MK past 10 for most of our trip :number1:

Disney4
11-25-2011, 01:36 PM
So, the conversation started around the turkey last night . . .

Come on, Dad, can't we go to MVMCP???

PLEASE????? :mickey:

It took them 12 hours, but they wore me down :rolleyes:

Tickets are in-hand :)

We went for the past few years and all the shows have been the same since they set up the Buzz stage and stopped the show in the outdoor ampitheater.

Have any of the shows changed this year? (I hope so!)

Jezzup
11-25-2011, 03:30 PM
I too am curious about the early admission. Does it matter if you have pre-purchased tickets? What I mean is if you show up at 4pm and want to purchase tickets at the gate, will you be told to return at 7?

Goes4FastPass
11-25-2011, 08:14 PM
If you have MVMCP tickets you can enter the Magic KIngdon any time after 4pm whether you bought those tickets months ago or the day you wish to attend >IF< tickets are still available then... Dec 18th has sold out and other nights may sell out if they haven't already.

docswife
11-26-2011, 11:13 PM
I've thought a bit about this topic and one of the arguements in favor is that there is fewer people in park during the party.

Anyone know how many tickets would be a sell-out at one of the parties?

I recall once hearing a stat thrown around that the MK could hold 100,000. Not sure if that's true or not but it got me thinking....how much less crowded is it? Does Disney even disclose that kind of information?

11-27-2011, 12:02 AM
Anyone know how many tickets would be a sell-out at one of the parties?

Yes I do. Am I allowed to say, no.