PDA

View Full Version : Didn't Frontierland Shootin' Gallery just have a rehab?

DunkieKong
11-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Just returned from our weeklong trip to the World last evening, and it was incredible (trip reports to follow). But one thing that really bugged me was the condition of the Frontierland Shootin' Gallery. This is one of my favorite attractions, and we make sure to spend a few bucks here each trip. Now I thought I remembered reading that it was recently closed for a refurb for almost a month. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe it was cancelled, but the Gallery has certainly seen better times. First off, there were no less than 12 guns that were not working. They had little handwritten paper signs taped where you insert the money that said "Out of Order". The two change machines also located there, were both out of order, although these had nice printed signs saying as such. The first time we tried to play, none of us had change, so we left. We made a special trip to come back the next day, and this time there was a CM there giving change and refunding dollars to people who's guns were not functioning properly. So, after waiting 15 mins for one of the few working guns to open up, I put in my four quarters and got ready to shoot. Only to find out that the gun I chose, could not shoot straight. 35 shots for a dollar and only 1 target hit. Now I know what you're thinking: "Maybe Dunkie just can't shoot?" Not to toot my own horn, but I own the Shootin' Gallery. And that is what was frustrating. I looked like some newbie up there. Needless to say, the one dollar I spent, was the only dollar I spent. Very sad times. So Disney, if you are out there listening, take a couple of days, and fix my beloved Shootin' Gallery.

Strmchsr
11-13-2011, 01:07 PM
The exterior was shut down over a month for a refurbishment. Didn't hear about them doing anything to the shooting gallery itself.

texas211
11-13-2011, 06:12 PM
The exterior was shut down over a month for a refurbishment. Didn't hear about them doing anything to the shooting gallery itself.

Typical lipstick on a pig mentality. Its too bad. Its the small things that make it special.

Buttercup
11-14-2011, 12:36 AM
I thought they weren't doing anything to the shooting gallery, but rather installing something for that Merlin adventure thingy -- I forget what it's called -- the thing that's sort-of like Kim Possible where you adventure around the different lands on a mission. Anyway, I thought that's what they were doing. :confused:

Regardless though, you'd think they would have taken a bit of time while it was closed to make sure it was working before they opened it back up again. How disappointing.

Ian
11-14-2011, 01:05 PM
I thought they weren't doing anything to the shooting gallery, but rather installing something for that Merlin adventure thingy -- That was my understanding, as well.

Tigerinvestigator
11-14-2011, 03:48 PM
I agree, fix it Disney. Anybody remember the shooting gallery at the Contemporary? No telling how much money we spent on that gallery. :thumbsup:

TexansInNY
11-19-2011, 09:42 AM
just got back..same ole gallery. but we sure love shooting that train....noticed on great mpvie ride it is now a cowboy that takes over...miss the gangsters :). sorry bout typing...iPad..which reminds me worless internet worked great there.:mickey:

A Big Kid
11-19-2011, 02:15 PM
If they really want to fix it, the shooting gallery should be combined with Shrunken Ned's remote comtrol boats.

How much fun would it be to blast people's boats out of the water after they spend $1 to play with it?