PDA

View Full Version : What is your all-time favorite Disney theme park souvenir?

Aurora
11-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Resurrecting a question that hasn't been asked in a few years: What is your all-time favorite Disney theme park souvenir? This could be anything bought in either the parks or Downtown Disney that is related to the parks.

Mine is a hand-held, plastic Cinderella Castle light-up toy. It changes colors with the press of a button, and it makes me happy thinking about the changing colors on the real castle.

What is yours, and why is it so special to you?

SBETigg
11-11-2011, 07:41 PM
It would probably be out of line to say my 20 year old son. :blush: Technically not a Disney purchase.

So...

I bought a bracelet at the Polynesian's Wyland Gallery in 2010 that I think of as my sister/best friend bracelet. It has blue beads, an aquamarine clasp, and many ocean charms. I was drawn to it for the dolphin charm that represented my best friend, who died suddenly and unexpectedly on Jan 1, 2010. But then I realized that aquamarine is my sister's birthstone, and my other best friend's birthstone, and a lot of the charms remind me of other friends/women I love. I smile every time I wear it and remember how blessed I am to have all these wonderful women in my life. Technically not a "Disney" souvenir, but I got it there so it also reminds me of my happy place.

If we're talking strictly Disney merchandise, I would say my stuffed Tigger Christmas tree ornament from my 2005 trip. Because I love Tigger. It looks great on the tree. And I remember all my past trips with my family when I look at it.

disneyfan328
11-11-2011, 08:00 PM
I have so many wonderful memories from all of the things purchased at Disney from photo albums to simple things like pens that remind me each time I write about Disney (ahhhhh the daydreaming!)
but I think I would have to say that my favorite souvenirs are a tie between the Christmas ornaments that we buy each time we are there that look so beautiful on our tree and the set of 5 Disney Princess Carousel horses. I collect carousels of all shapes, sizes etc., but these ones done by Jim shore are my absolute favorite. soo much detail in them!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-11-2011, 08:07 PM
So many mugs, ornaments, aprons that I love but I guess it would be my Disney memories photo albums that hold pictures of all our trips:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
11-11-2011, 08:16 PM
It would probably be out of line to say my 20 year old son. :blush: Technically not a Disney purchase.

Hahaha, that's funny. I was going to say something similar about my 11 year old son.....

I think my favorite WDW purchase would be the pearl jewelry from Japan in Epcot and the Beach Club resort. Its the pearls you get out of an oyster. I have 4 different pieces that have all been picked and created with the help of my sons. I let them pick the oyster and decide what they'd like to make with the pearl they pick. Then we pick a piece of jewelry together in the form of whatever it is they'd like to make for me (ring, necklace, bracelet). It was so fun doing this with them, they've been so proud of what they helped to make for me, and they always recognize the jewelry when I wear it. Its probably the most special souvenir I've purchased anywhere, not just WDW.

I also love a Cinderella Castle snowglobe my mother bought for me as a "thank you" for us taking her on most of our trips. I had eyed it for a few trips, but never purchased it for some reason. On one of our trips she purchased it and surprised me with it. I have it on my nightstand and look at it just about everynight before bed. It reminds me not only of all our trips, but also of my mother.

Disney4us2
11-11-2011, 08:56 PM
My DD is the one who usually gets all the Disney souveniers. She has a great collection of Disney stuffed toys.

Mine other than T-shirts would be my Disney Dooney & Bourke cross body (small) b;ue sketch messenger bag. I take that blue bag with me everywhere. Always get comments on it. It is the one really big splurge that I have ever done at Disney.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
11-11-2011, 08:59 PM
A ratty nasty stuffed Thumper that my then boyfriend, now husband bought me around 1987. He did not know that Thumper was my favorite Disney character and know I own many stuffed of different sizes, a mug, a garden ornament, and several pins. I try and find a new Thumper every time we go to Disney and if I'm luck; I find more than 2.

Tink#64
11-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Gosh this is really tough! I enjoy my antenna toppers all year long, have all the seasons, sports, holidays, etc. Our personalized Christmas ornaments are very special to me, but since they're only out 1 month out of the whole year... Wow, I have so many wonderful & special WDW souvears from my kitchen accessories that I see everyday, so much jewelry & clothing, purses, etc. I guess favorite would be our WDW photo albums & frames that hold our vaca pics, especially those awesome Photopass pics that forever captures our family together, all happy & smiling in our laughin' place! :cloud9: Magical memories for me to enjoy everyday! :magic:

Katzateer
11-12-2011, 07:52 AM
My monorail magnet on my fridge. I push the button 3 times and can hear the entire speel.

My music CD's

Melanie
11-12-2011, 09:10 AM
This is actually a topic we used on a podcast not too long ago for our Best Of series.

My answer was/is a figurine set I got at Tokyo Disney with a samarai Mickey, with Donald and Pluto as his guards. I look at it every day, and it reminds me of the wonderful times we had there, as well as how badly I want to go back.

Dopey's Girl
11-12-2011, 11:18 AM
I love my Dooney & Burke wristlet. I got it my last trip, it's perfect as a park bag for me in Orlando and I use it as a wallet at home. I love that I get to carry a little part of my favorite place on the planet with me.

vicster
11-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Love my antenna toppers (although my new car has a different antenna and cannot use them now) but I love the Christmas tree ornaments we get every year (one with the year on it and another random one).

c&d
11-14-2011, 10:55 AM
A silver Mickey watch with diamonds that DS (technically speaking his father) bought for me on one of our trips down. He was about 9 and I had been looking at watches and didn't buy one. I always buy for everyone else but not me when we're down there. I wear it everyday.

Mogie
11-14-2011, 04:08 PM
I have a Darth Vader Goofy Bobblehead :)

DisneyDog
11-16-2011, 08:26 PM
I have a gold necklace DH got me at Mouse Gear on our 14th anniversary. It has little charms hanging from it (mouse ears, a key, a heart...) with diamon-like crystals on the charms. I wear it often, and I always get compliments on it.

DVC2004
11-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Mine is also a pearl. I got mine at the little stand in DD. My boys picked the oyster. I was very surprised when inside we found an large, light blue pearl. It is beautiful! Of course when I ended up with the extra-pretty pearl I had to put it in a nice setting, so I got the Tiffany set ring with two small diamonds. What a beautiful piece! It's even more special because my boys picked the oyster.

Another souvenier very dear to me is an old, beat-up Eyeore plush I got from my first trip in the 70's. His tail is missing now. My dad bought that for me there because Eyeore was my favorite. He passed away a year later when I was 4. That is one of the few things I have as a reminder of my dad. It's very special to me.

Mickey'sGirl
11-17-2011, 12:33 PM
I have a silver Eeyore necklace. Not that I particularly care for Eeyore or silver or necklaces for that matter, but my DS13 bought for me with his own money when we were exiting the Honeypots back when he was about 7 or 8. He saw it and said to the CM in the shop "I want to get this for my Mom", and I thought I should let him do this ..... I wear it every day. :eeyore:

SandmanGStefani24
11-17-2011, 01:21 PM
mine are a set of die-cast WDW busses. It is a set of 3, and has one WDW cruise line bus, one ME bus, and one parks transport bus. I am a bit of a gearhead, so of course vehicles are a big deal to me. I set them on some space on my home computer desk. They always remind me of my trips because as soon as you walk out of the airport heading to the rental car they are right there waiting for us ; you see them when you get to the resorts, and when at the parks ; and of course you see them when going back home. Next trip I need to get some WDW ride vehicles to accompany the busses!

BTW can you still get the fridge magnet that plays the monorail speech?

DizRunner
11-18-2011, 07:24 AM
mine are a set of die-cast WDW busses. It is a set of 3, and has one WDW cruise line bus, one ME bus, and one parks transport bus. I am a bit of a gearhead, so of course vehicles are a big deal to me. I set them on some space on my home computer desk. They always remind me of my trips because as soon as you walk out of the airport heading to the rental car they are right there waiting for us ; you see them when you get to the resorts, and when at the parks ; and of course you see them when going back home. Next trip I need to get some WDW ride vehicles to accompany the busses!

BTW can you still get the fridge magnet that plays the monorail speech?

I've got those buses also on my desk at work. Love 'em.

I would have to say that my favorite souvenir is not one that I bought. I is the Pin Lanyard I received from the Year of Million Dreams.

I feel that when I'm at WDW my mom who passed away 5 years ago stays at the HM and is the 1000th ghost. :)

During the YoMD the HM had just been refurbished. I rode it 3 times back to back to back. (In January on Marathon Weekend you can do this.) After the third time I was getting ready to go have lunch when something told me to ride it again. (You see after the refurb there was so much new to see.) There was no line so I went on it again for the fourth time.

At the end of that ride, I got out of my doombuggie and sure enough, there were some CMs handing out YoMD Pin Lanyards. I then thanked Mom as she must've told me to get back on it.

Backstory...Mom and I and my sister rode the HM back in '72. I was scared out of my wits. But Mom just laughed and laughed through the whole thing. She loved it. Since I've gotten older I've loved the HM because of that memory.

Thanks for reading my long story. :)

buzznwoodysmom
11-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Mine is also a pearl. I got mine at the little stand in DD. My boys picked the oyster. I was very surprised when inside we found an large, light blue pearl. It is beautiful! Of course when I ended up with the extra-pretty pearl I had to put it in a nice setting, so I got the Tiffany set ring with two small diamonds. What a beautiful piece! It's even more special because my boys picked the oyster.

That's so funny. The first time my boys picked oysters for me I allowed them to each pick an oyster. My youngest picked one that had a large bluish pearl too. I made mine into a nice pendant. Its set in silver and has a small diamond just above the pearl. I love it. On that trip the other pearl was set into a silver ring with a diamond on each side of the pearl. I love my pearl jewelry from Disney!

BriarRose0708
11-23-2011, 10:24 AM
I have a mug obsession. Travel mug, ceramic mug, refillable mug... I have to come home with at least one each trip!

My favorite one I have is from 2009. It's a huge over-sized (literally, i can put a can of soup in it!) pink ceramic mug with Minnie on it. I also really love my year of A Million Dreams refillable mug, I use it almost every day!

MissMaryPoppins
12-01-2011, 01:08 PM
I have two favorite souvenirs.

One is a silver watch with a pink face that has Mickey and Minnie on it drawn in the Japanese animation style. I found it on Main Street and liked it so much I didn't even think about it for a day like I usually do. I had it adjusted to fit my wrist right there and was able to start wearing it right away. It was the first time I was able to afford an expensive souvenir for myself.

I have a pin from the Keys to the Kingdom tour. It's gold and shaped like a key. When our group stopped for lunch we all had one next to our place cards at our tables. I pinned it to my shirt right away along with the pin I won for answering a question earlier in the day, I probably looked like a huge nerd! Anyway, I love that pin because it reminds me of how much fun that day was. I'm usually pretty shy around people I don't know so at one point during the tour our tour guide was telling us how the balconies on the buildings aren't really as high as they look. She asked for someone about her height to run up the stairs and demonstrate. My brother turned to me since I was the shortest one in the group and before he could tell me to volunteer I raised my hand and said I'd do it. She unlocked the gate and I ran up. My head just about touched the ceiling. While our tour guide was talking I began to wave at people and blow kisses, making everyone laugh. My dad has pictures of it. When I came down my brother asked me if was drunk!