PDA

View Full Version : I need a theme

Cinderelley
11-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Planning a Dec, 2012 trip with a large group. I was thinking that it would be fun to have a theme for our trip, but I can't think of anything. Any suggestions?

buzznwoodysmom
11-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Themes can be fun. Not sure if you want something to do with the holidays, where you guys are staying or how many people, and the ages of those people.

My SIL, my mom and myself took my two sons and my SIL's two sons to WDW a few summers ago. We stayed at CBR in the pirate rooms, we booked the pirate adventure cruise for the kids, I had Mickey pirate shirts made for the boys. They loved pirates at the time and they bought lots of cute pirate stuff during the trip. I guess you could say it was a pirate themed trip. It was tons of fun, and I always think of pirates when I think back to that trip, but I really didn't plan for it to be "themed".

We do try to pick a resort that "matches" the season when we go to WDW, not always, but its always something we think about when planning. If we go for the holidays we love to stay at WL, in the summer we like a more tropical place, like CBR, and we'd love to one day stay at the Poly and BC during the summer. We feel that our resort can definitely set the tone for the trip. WL just screams holidays and no doubt you'll be in the holiday spirit anytime you pass through that lobby. Have fun with it!

brownie
11-11-2011, 11:05 AM
What's the make-up of the group (family, friends, etc.) and why are you making the trip? Some additional background information might help generate some ideas.

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Yes!! Can you tell us how many, ages of everyone? Also is there 1st timers in the group? Is everyone staying at WL? Anyone's birthday, anniversary, Senior Year, etc?

Cinderelley
11-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Really the only common denominator is me. I know that doesn't help much. The group is
Myself (40), my kids (DD18, DS21, & DS23), their significant others who are about the same age, my best friend from high school and her family (they are about 40 and have a 4 year old), my best friend from work and her family (late 30s with a 19 year old daughter), another close friend from work in his 30s, and my sister and her family (30s with an 9 and 5 year old).

It will be the first time for my best friend from high school and her family.

My DS's will be turning 21 and 23 then.

We'll be staying at Pop Century - my favorite resort in the World. :)

My kids and I will be stay 12/12/12 - 12/26/12, but the others will be leaving the weekend before Christmas.

Thanks for all your responses.