PDA

View Full Version : Marrakesh or Biergarten?

stlcards
11-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Hi,

We have ADRs for both Marrakesh and Biergarten for a mid-December trip, but will probably only do one in the end. Any recommendations on which you would choose, including food, entertainment and ambiance? Thanks!

RAIDER
11-10-2011, 03:06 AM
Ive been to both and love them both .The trouble is both are so diffrent worlds apart..

IMO
The Beirgarten is probably better if you have kids, as the entertainment ( german oompha band is fun ) and bigger variety of dishes to keep everyone happy ...The wine and beer variety is excellent

Marrakesh menu is second to none with large portions and menu ( so dont bother with a starter ;) )
The entertainment of the belly dancer always gets the mens attention :D and to be fair the belly dancer will always bring kids on the floor to join in and dance which is sweet .

Both atmospheres are excellent but i personally would slighty edge for Marrakesh ( not because of the belly dancer :D )...But simply as its very different and the surroundings are fun and slightly less manic ....

Either way you cant go wrong you will enjoy both :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-10-2011, 07:51 AM
I would choose Biergarten...we really did not like Marakesh. Also, Biergarten is decorated beautifully in December and the band is lots of fun:mickey:

Mogie
11-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Marrakesh was surprisingly good. I especially remember they had a goat cheese appetizer that was really really fresh and tasty. Big portions, and the service was great.

Melanie
11-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Didn't enjoy Marrakesh at all. Cramped, food wasn't to our taste and we were so far back in the corner that seeing the entertainment was a stretch.

Biergarten we love and the atmosphere is so much more lively and friendly. The band is great! And the food and beer are always good. I'd especially recommend Biergarten for December, as someone mentioned, the Christmas decorations are lovely.

laprana
11-10-2011, 10:17 AM
My vote would got to Biergarten. I've eaten at both restaurants, and Biergarten had much better food, hands down! Marrakesh had a calmer atmosphere but the entertainment at Biergarten was also much better! The only thing we didn't like a whole lot about Biergarten was the seating...you are seated at a table for 8, so if you have less than that in your party, you sit with strangers. We were a part of 3 sitting with a family of 5. It turned out to be fine and we had a nice conversation with the family, but if you'd rather have your own table, then you might want to go with Marrakesh.

Mickey'sGirl
11-10-2011, 10:17 AM
I think it depends on who is going, and what you are looking for. Marrakesh is more subdued and upscale. The food and service are fabulous and the portions are large.

Biergarten is so lively and fun, and especially at Christmastime, will look the Holiday part! (Germans started most standard Holiday traditions). The food is more straightforward, and served buffet style. We ate there in August, and had a wonderful time! :thumbsup:

diz_girl
11-10-2011, 11:54 AM
I've only eaten at Marrakesh and I liked it very much, so I'm going with Marrakesh. The food was great, the entertainment was enjoyable and the atmosphere was relaxed. I'm not a fan of German food, so I've been avoiding Biergarten.

stlcards
11-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks everyone. Based on the feedback I am leaning toward Biergarten, but we'll talk it over. Sounds like we can't go wrong either way.

DisneyMom12
11-10-2011, 07:27 PM
I went to Biergarten for the first time in Aug. I loved it! The food, decor, entertainment was great. My kids where dancing the whole time. It is now one of my must do each trip.

I did not care for the food at Marrakesh, but it was a beautiful restaurant. The belly dancer was good too.

laprana
11-11-2011, 12:58 PM
I've only eaten at Marrakesh and I liked it very much, so I'm going with Marrakesh. The food was great, the entertainment was enjoyable and the atmosphere was relaxed. I'm not a fan of German food, so I've been avoiding Biergarten.

I felt the same way until I finally ate at Biergarten on my most recent trip! I'm not a fan of sauerkraut and bratwurst, so I was leery of eating there, but I was very pleasantly surprised! The buffet had a big selection of things that weren't too "German", if that makes sense! Things like pot roast (which was wonderful!!), roasted potatoes, roasted chicken, salad, and really yummy pretzel bread rolls! Give it a try, you might be pleasantly surprised, too! :thumbsup:

mdricks
11-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Go cards!!!! (Love your handle)

If your are looking for food authenticity both of these places are disapointing if you have experience with the "real thing".

If you have kids go biergarten. Its a buffet and the litte ones can feast on faves without the "what's that?" line. Its loud and fun and a little hectic. Ziggy zocky hoy hoy hoy!!!

If you want a more quiet experience or don't want to share a table with strangers go marakesh.

The food is equal at both and is actaully quite good. I have a slight preference for biergarten because I like the party atmoshphere.
:number1:

HoosierDisneyFan
11-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Biergarten :thumbsup:

Food, atmoshphere, live music, Flight of beer (if you choice to do so)

MNNHFLTX
11-13-2011, 06:41 PM
If your are looking for food authenticity both of these places are disapointing if you have experience with the "real thing".

I cannot speak for the authenticity of the food at Marrakesh, but I would differ with you on the Biergarten. Yes, there are some dishes that are "Americanized", but there are quite a few dishes that are very similar to the ones my mother used make (and she was a very good German cook). :tasty:

Personally, I did not care for the Marrakesh, for all the reasons stated by Melanie (as we were both there at the same time, lol!) granted , it was during free dining, which may have been why the place was packed. But I did not enjoy the experience at all.

Kairi_7378
11-13-2011, 09:08 PM
I think Germany is more Christmas-y than Morocco. Not sure what other things you have planned for your trip, though.