PDA

View Full Version : Disney fun reaches everyone! Do YOU have a story?

Mammabruski
11-09-2011, 10:58 PM
I was in NM for a math teacher conference last week (totally awesome, by the way), and we were able to go to a mall that had a Disney Store. Well, as I was browsing in 7th heaven (nothing like an old school Disney Store to tide you over, since your next trip is over 7 months away), some teenage boys walked past me to the back of the store. These were some very "cool" teenage boys ( I should know, I teach some very similar "very cool" boys) were rushing back to enjoy some Lion King music/videos at the big screen. These way too cool kids were totally, and without a bit of irony, rocking out and singing along to the song "I just can't wait to be king". All of them. It was so adorable and made me feel again how wonderful Disney can be. Smiles abounded, and it once again made me think about how much happiness Disney can bring to all types of people, in all walks of life.

Does anyone have any other great stories of Disney making unlikely "populations" happy?

:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
11-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Awww, that's a cute story.

My nephew, who is a Jr. in high school, thinks he is "too cool for school", if you know what I mean. Anyway, him and a few of his friends are starting to plan for their graduation trip. A lot of kids his age want to go to Cancun, or some other party destination. Not him....he wants to go to Disney World. Gotta love it!!!!!

SBETigg
11-10-2011, 11:22 AM
We went away for the weekend and left our cool teens home alone, ages sixteen and eighteen. My daughter wanted a few friends over and we were hesitant, didn't want it to get wild, but we know her friends so said okay. Something happened that we ended up home far earlier than planned, and the six of them (my daughter's 16 year old friends, and my kids) were sitting around the TV singing along and watching Little Mermaid. Wild party at our house right there.

For some reason, also, one of the Mulan songs was a big deal with my son's graduating class. They all knew it and would burst out into it at various events. Maybe ironically, not sure. I think it's that age when they are old enough to look back fondly at childhood things without thinking it's not cool. I have no idea. But it is adorable. And one of the main reasons perhaps that the recent Toy Story movie was such a big hit. There are new kids, plus older teens who were kids when the first one came out are old enough to look back fondly without feeling like it's too childish for them to do so.

dizneydeb22
11-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Every year we go to Disney World and every year my sister tells us her boys are too old and won't want to go! Every year they ask me when I'm planning the Disney Trip! They are all in college now, so we work around their school schedule as well as our son's middle school schedule! Last year they all brought their girlfriends. Needless to say, we will be a party of 9 this year as we have added a great nephew to our little clan! We may even get my sister and her husband to go so they can be there for their grandsons first trip! I love that our nephews are Disney fanatics and look to me to plan our trips. They have been coming with us since they were 12 and there is no end in sight, thank goodness!! :mickey: