PDA

View Full Version : Whats your thoughts on Tokyo Dining

RAIDER
11-09-2011, 03:06 AM
Ive just booked in for dinner Tokyo Dining and i have never been there before..The menu looks varied ...Any thoughts from any people who have been there ? :mickey:

JoDisney
11-09-2011, 09:10 AM
I, too, am interested in Tokyo Dining. We have been to Teppan Edo numerous times and love it. We do not like Sushi and I assumed Tokyo Dining is just Sushi. I hope someone can come along and give a review and explain what is offered.

ThanxForNoticin
11-09-2011, 01:10 PM
We had a chance to try it for the first time last year, and we really enjoyed it. The service was outstanding. The sushi and tempura offerings were all very good. I hope you enjoy it. If there is a window seat available, try to get it - nice view of the lake!

SBETigg
11-09-2011, 01:13 PM
I enjoyed Tokyo Dining. We have great Japanese restaurants locally, so it's not a must-do for me, but it was very good. The menu is varied, far more than just sushi. They have tempura, they have hibachi items (just not cooked in front of you), they have some other Japanese dishes. I like the bento box for a little taste of lots of things.

And the atmosphere is actually nicer than the Teppan Edo rooms (though not as much fun), because you have windows looking out on World Showcase and it's a large, bright room.

Disney4us2
11-09-2011, 01:45 PM
We love Tokyo Dining. It has become one of our favorites. DD even likes it better than.... gasp.... Teppan Edo.

Last time we had one of the bento boxes. Loved it. We also ordered a few orders of sushi. Needless to say we left stuffed. One of our friends with us ordered the steak and that looked so good too. She gave it a :thumbsup:

Because this is DD's favorite it has become a must do. We have had the lunch and dinner there and both were very good.

Crow
11-10-2011, 09:47 PM
been there a few times before and after the rehab. I like the atmosphere and the view. And the waitresses.
IDK for some reason was a little disappointed last time. Service is great, sake, sushi good. Ill go back of course. They do have tempura also and a few other things

SandmanGStefani24
11-13-2011, 07:05 PM
it's a must for me each trip!

I love the service, the relaxing atmosphere, the food, and the excellent view out the windows. I have also eaten in front of the Sushi chefs as well and enjoyed that too.

I like to make a meal out of sides and appetizers when I go. I like to order a soup (udon or clear fish, dependent on time of year), a tempura selection, and various sushi selections. Everything I have ordered at TD has been excellent, and the service has been great. If you aren't sure, try it for lunch but you won't be disappointed.

MNNHFLTX
11-13-2011, 08:13 PM
I've eaten there several times and the service and food is very good. Order the Bento box if you want a little bit of everything. As for me, I like to have an appetizer of tempura and then order some sushi (their spicy tuna roll is very good). I do have to say that one of my non-sushi-eating friends ordered the Filet Mignon last time and was disappointed with the cut and how they cooked it--the waitress seemed confused between medium-well and medium-rare. But the service is otherwise impeccable.

#1donaldfan
11-14-2011, 12:16 PM
Love it !! We've done it many times and it's all so good !!! The only thing I'd like for them to have is fried rice, like here at home !!!!:thumbsup:

RichGuy
11-15-2011, 07:30 PM
We were there for a late lunch in early October, hoping it would be empty and we could get a nice quiet table by the window.

It didn't work out that way. The place is pretty popular, and for good reason. We both had bento boxes, and were very happy with them.

We felt the value was on par for above-average Japanese food that we get locally. Very enjoyable.

The only odd thing was when the manager came out to talk with my wife about her food allergy. The wait staff were all Japanese in elaborate costumes, and the manager was a stereotypical American woman in slacks and a polo short. She was perfectly nice, don't get me wrong, but just seemed a little out of place.

Crow
11-17-2011, 11:01 PM
a few yrs ago i talked to a mgr, as I wanted to compliment the service. He was an American who said he was hired to teach the Japanese some of the American ways when it came to service. He had managed some places in NJ etc and said he didnt know anything about Japanese service, but thats what they wanted. Japanese are....a little more polite.

RAIDER
11-18-2011, 03:27 AM
Cheers for all your inputt on this .We are really looking forward to going to this now more than before :thumbsup:

mdricks
11-29-2011, 02:33 PM
The service is always top notch. There can be a language barrier (get ready to point to your menu items) but that has no impact on the hospitalty shown by the servers.

I go here every trip without fail.

:number1:

TheRustyScupper
11-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Our Ratings of Tokyo Dining: (rev 5/12/2011)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The seating is at "regular" tables versus hibachi grill
tables or sitting on the floor. The sushi is just above average.
For those on DDP, ala carte Sushi dishes are not covered.
There is a good selection of dishes Americanized to suit guests
not enamored with Japanese food. Viewing of Wishes from the
limited number of window seats is good.