PDA

View Full Version : Wii uDraw Tablet

Disney4us2
11-08-2011, 08:53 PM
This is not Disney related so I put it here... feel free to move.

I am looking at getting the Wii uDraw for my DD. DD loves to draw so I thought it would be great for Christmas.

Does anyone have it? Do you like it? Do the kids like it? Is is boring etc.

Just looking for feedback on this item.
Thanks

BrerGnat
11-09-2011, 08:27 AM
I almost bought it for my boys, because they love to draw. However, it's not a NIntendo brand accessory, and Nintendo actually doesn't endorse it at all. I have read some reviews that it's pretty disappointing and not very responsive.

A better use of your money would be a low end Wacom tablet (for a PC). I am going to get one of these for my son in a couple years, when I trust that he's old enough to treat it with respect. These are the kinds of tablets that computer graphics/digital animators use, and most of the Wacom ones come bundled with really good art software. Amazon has a bunch of different ones.

Disney4us2
11-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks Natalie,
I checked it out. I like it but if it needs to have software downloaded, I can't do it on her laptop. Her computer is a loaner from the school and I am not to download any programs on it.

I think the Wii THQ is better for now since it is more gaming than actual drawing. I found a lot on Ebay. Got one that is new but an open box. It was about $30.00 less than the retail store price and no tax. I don't think I would pay full price for it.

I will keep the Wacom in mind for further down the road.

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
11-10-2011, 01:40 PM
I got the U-Draw for DD last year. She is 10 now. She enjoys it, but doesn't use it all that often. We also got the Pictionary game that is played with the Wii and U-Draw and that is a lot of fun. The whole family loves that, even DS8.