PDA

View Full Version : Rude people at Lights! Motors! Action!

Boost
11-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Our family was at Studios on Saturday and later in the day, we went to see the stunt show. Our two boys know it and love it from when they were very little and this time, our three year old daughter got to see it for the first time. She squealed with delight throughout the show and we all enjoyed it.

That said, my wife and I noticed that about halfway through the show and during the final part of the show, people were standing up and walking out in large numbers.

Am I alone in finding this to be disrespectful to the stunt team and other cast members associated with the show? Also, for families with small children (like ours), it's also rude to little kids because they cannot see past everyone walking out!

If anyone reading this has someone's ear at WDW, how about setting aside an area close to the entrance/exit stairs and ask those who may be leaving early to sit there? I just found this to be really rude....

KylesMom
11-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Same thing happens at Fantasmic! and for that matter every other stage show at Disney. I couldn't agree more - I'm certain a good portion of it is the "beat the crowd" mentality. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to know/control who is going to leave early and make them sit in a specified location. :(

retiredfigment
11-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Unfortunately, this is not just something that happens at Disney. For many church goers, they probably see many people leave before the final song, at plays I have seen people leave early, even at movies and school programs. Especially at school music programs after THEIR child has performed.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-08-2011, 04:00 PM
yes and no...it may be people leaving with cranky children who are going to disrupt everyone if they don't leave...guess it just depends....

Gator
11-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Well, there are people who have to leave because of crying kids or something pressing. Then there's the family of 12 who stand up and slowly walk out talking about their fast pass to Tower of Terror. I usually let people like this know what I think. It doesn't stop them, but it makes me feel better to shame them.

gerald72
11-08-2011, 05:50 PM
The only time I saw that show I had to leave early to make it to my ADR. Sometimes it's just what you have to do.

crltkcagle
11-09-2011, 01:24 PM
I had to leave it half way through on our last trip because my son was getting ready to lose his lunch. I felt bad because we were sitting at the very top of the stadium and had to walk down all those stairs. We tried to do it as quickly as we could. And on another note trying to find an air conditioned place close to that area that does not include food was quite hard! We ended up hanging out in the Christmas shop waiting for my hubby and other kids to finish watching the show.

I do think its rude for large masses of people to get up and walk out towards the end of the show when people are trying to enjoy it. Sometimes the finale is the best part of the show!