PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom Extended closing???

ktm
11-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Today we went to MK, everywhere it was posted that it closed at 9pm. Then toward the end of the day, cast members started reporting that they "decided to extend the closing til 10". How does this work, was it decided today or way ahead of time? It was cool nonetheless...

11-07-2011, 10:47 PM
It was "announced" late morning to extend to 10pm.

Not that uncommon on some early close nights.

Tigerinvestigator
11-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Yep we've been in the MK several times over the years when this was done. :thumbsup:

ktm
11-08-2011, 07:55 AM
So do all the employees just get a memo in the morning that they are leaving an hour later?

11-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Sort of.

If you are on a position that requires an extension, it will show up in your computer login (Cast Deployment) and a coodinator or manager will let you know if you have been extended.

Not all CM's will be extended for example, we only had one parade and they did not add a second so all of us that worked parade were not extended. It would also vary as to what they project the guest loads to be.

Butters
11-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Does this happen often? I've never had it happen when I've been there. Do they move wishes back, or any of the night time entertainment?

11-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Do they move wishes back, or any of the night time entertainment?

Not normally. Sometimes in the summer or if they add several hours to closing they "might" add a second parade. Second parades are a way of taking the load off of the transportation system after the first parade & fireworks when there is a heavier than expected park load.

LVT
11-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I have experienced this several times. It makes me happy. I love riding BTMRR under the stars.

WDWdriver
11-08-2011, 09:12 PM
If you are on a position that requires an extension, it will show up in your computer login (Cast Deployment) and a coordinator or manager will let you know if you have been extended.

And in most cases, you don't have a choice in the matter. Paying a babysitter? Commuting by carpool? Meeting someone after work? Too bad. You've been extended.