PDA

View Full Version : The Magic, The Memories & You

11-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Some changes to the look of the projection show coming for the holidays, starting Nov. 8. Stay tuned.

tennantsrwe
11-08-2011, 09:52 PM
:confused: eeek i'm anxiously awaiting to hear about these changes. we're heading down next month and are really looking forward to seeing MMY show....

PopPhan
11-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Found this on another site -- telling of some of the changes to MM&Y for the holidays:

A new holiday segment of The Magic, The Memories, and You castle projection show will feature gift paper, ribbons and bows, ornaments, strands of light, candy stripes, and gingerbread projections.

Melanie
11-09-2011, 07:37 AM
The holiday edition started last night. :gift:

Jason has this in his Tidbits in the News forum:

11/6/11 The Walt Disney World Resort has announced that the Holiday Edition of The Magic, The Memories, and You! will be the regular show with an added Holiday segment. The Holiday segment has been announced to feature wrapping Cinderella Castle in gift wrap.

Can't wait to see it all wrapped up! I might head over this weekend and check it out.

11-09-2011, 09:00 AM
The "holiday" portion is kind of in the middle of the projection show. It looks pretty cool with wrapping, candy cane look, holiday music and so forth. Really makes the Castle look different. Kind of a nice break from seeing the same thing night after night for me.

Honestly, after reading about it a couple of days ago in internal information, I was sort of expecting a bit more and a longer part of the show but it is really neat for the portion of the show that is different.

At least I know a bit more what to look for tonight.

Melanie
11-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Honestly, after reading about it a couple of days ago in internal information, I was sort of expecting a bit more and a longer part of the show but it is really neat for the portion of the show that is different.

At least I know a bit more what to look for tonight.

Yeah, after reading Jason's bit about it, I was kinda disappointed it was just a 'segment'. I'll be happy to see it though, and also happy when the original returns. Such an awesome show!

azcavalier
11-09-2011, 12:22 PM
How do you get your pictures into the show? Does Disney provide an email address to send them to? SMS messaging? How do they communicate this to the guests entering the park? We'll be down in about 25 days, and i'd love to try this.

PopPhan
11-09-2011, 01:30 PM
How do you get your pictures into the show? Does Disney provide an email address to send them to? SMS messaging? How do they communicate this to the guests entering the park? We'll be down in about 25 days, and i'd love to try this.

The majority of visitor photos used in the show are from PhotoPass photographers and are taken throughout THAT day. I don't know if you CAN submit personal photos to be used.

azcavalier
11-09-2011, 01:58 PM
The majority of visitor photos used in the show are from PhotoPass photographers and are taken throughout THAT day. I don't know if you CAN submit personal photos to be used.

I thought that when it was announced, that was one of the "selling points". That user-submitted photos would be used for the show. If it's just PhotoPass photos, that are all taken at the same locations (it's not like they're roving photographers), then IMHO that's fairly boring.

11-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Up to 500 pictures taken prior to 3pm on that day.

11-13-2011, 07:05 AM
Even though I saw the "holiday modified" version of MMY 8 or 9 times this past week, I JUST NOTICED last night that, even though it was just for a 1 or 2 second period of time, during the holiday segment we had to endure that horrendous 25th anniversary pink birthday cake castle again.

Why did they have to bring that up again?? It was bad enough the first time and I thought I had just about forgotten about it completely, then to have to see it again.

LOL, LOL,LOL

LudwigVonDrake
11-13-2011, 11:09 AM
The version I saw in July was awesome so I can only imagine what the holiday version will be like :mickey:

11-13-2011, 04:35 PM
The holiday "portion" (about 2 or 2 1/2 minutes) is good, but I was expecting a longer segment myself. Still good though.

Will be seeing it again tonight and will close my eyes when the pink castle comes on.

BrerGnat
11-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Does this show only happen once a night? Right before Wishes?

If so, how likely is it to be able to get OUT of MK completely before the fireworks start? Probably out of the question, right? My son is deathly afraid of fireworks...but I think he would love this show.

11-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Not really a problem. You would have about 6 minutes to exit.

BrerGnat
11-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Not really a problem. You would have about 6 minutes to exit.

Hmm...that's really not much time at all. I guess we could duck into Casey's corner and just stay in the shop during the fireworks so we don't get lost in the crowds. Our boys are only 7 and 5 and we won't have a stroller or anything, so I worry about having to navigate the crowd on Main Street in the dark.

We might have to just skip it, though. Our kids are not the nighttime type, and they won't nap during the day, so by 9:45 they are likely going to be toast anyway. Maybe next time. We got lucky on our last trip as we came from CA and the time zone change allowed our boys to stay up late. Now, though, no time change. :(

sainter
12-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Last year the show was both before and after the fireworks, is this still the case?

brivers222
12-21-2011, 04:02 PM
We only saw it before the fireworks when we were there.

12-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Last year the show was both before and after the fireworks, is this still the case?

Depends on whether there are 2 MSEP's or one.

12-21-2011, 04:34 PM

This "show" (MMY) did not ru n last year. It began in January of 2011.

BrerGnat
12-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Just wanted to mention that they did a MM&Y show this past Monday at 7:45, randomly and without it being on the schedule. I was happy to catch it as I happened to be on Main Street at the time.

sainter
12-21-2011, 10:48 PM
This "show" (MMY) did not ru n last year. It began in January of 2011.

Oh my goodness, you are right! And my signature is wrong, we were there March 2011, not 2010. lol Seems like it was so long ago already!
Thanks for all the answers. So I guess it is only once a night unless there are 2 MSEP.

EeyoresBestFriend
12-22-2011, 01:05 PM
I have to admit I went in with a bad attitude towards seeing it. I thought it would be like watching someone else's home movies and that DID not appeal to me.

Not only was I pleasantly shocked, I was blown away at how amazing it was!! (The mid November version) Didn't even notice the photos!! :D

brivers222
12-22-2011, 01:27 PM
I have to admit I went in with a bad attitude towards seeing it. I thought it would be like watching someone else's home movies and that DID not appeal to me.

Not only was I pleasantly shocked, I was blown away at how amazing it was!! (The mid November version) Didn't even notice the photos!! :D

There was photos on it? Oh man what they did with the castle was absolutely awesome! I didn't really know what to expect, but like you I was BLOWN AWAY!