PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Upgrade

divinedi
11-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Hi. Just got back from my vacation with my Mom, had a great time!!!

Thought about upgrading my MYW ticket to an AP while I was there, didn't think I would be getting back within the year so I declined. Now that I'm home, one of my daughters wants to go badly, and of course I want to go toooooo, lol. Sooo my dilemma is, can I upgrade my MYW ticket (I'm still within the 14 days) over the phone? I know it's a long shot, has anyone tried this?

Strmchsr
11-06-2011, 01:58 PM
They just recently changed that rule about upgrading and I can't remember if you can still upgrade after you check out or not. I supposed you'd need to call and ask.

sgdisney
11-06-2011, 02:57 PM
I was doing some research to find out it you could still add days to a MYW ticket and this is what the new rules are for all upgrades:

"You must upgrade partially used tickets within 14 days of first use OR (as of 8/3/11) before the admissions on the original tickets are used up, whichever comes first, even if you have the No Expiration option."

So unless you have at least a day left on your ticket, it sounds like you cannot upgrade.

divinedi
11-06-2011, 03:03 PM
I still have one day left, but I'm not there, so they know I won't be using it........probably not possible, but I will call tomorrow and find out. Thanks for the replies!

Goofy4TheWorld
11-06-2011, 09:37 PM
You can't technically upgrade to an AP over the phone, but I have done basically the same thing and just had to go and pick up my back-dated AP at Guest Relations using a "courtesy extension" provided by Disney over the phone after I gave them my sob story.

I have never read about anyone else being allowed to do it, so I may have just got a really magical CM when I called, but Disney allowing me to do it gained them two more trip$ out of me so it was well worth the Pixie Dust it cost them!