PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Review

JenniferS.
11-05-2011, 09:27 AM
We just got home last night from a wonderful 8 night stay at the Wilderness Lodge. First time staying here and it was quite nice. We had asked for connecting rooms and found out upon arrival that the standard rooms did not have any connecting rooms. We stressed that we really needed this because of the kids. We were told that the hotel was at it's capacity and that we may be able to move in a couple of days (we arrived on a Thurs.) We were put in rooms next to each other. Later in the day we got a call that we could move on Saturday!! The only thing was that one of the rooms had bunk beds....score! I put my two little ones in the bunk beds...perfect! We found the rooms average and somewhat dark. Would've like more/brighter lighting. Week went by smoothly and we got lots of cute towel animals. The day before we left we got the DME packet on the door and on ours it only had our ds on it. We had to call and they told us no problem, but I noticed once we got on the bus to leave that our next stop a family of 6 couldn't board the bus because there were only 3 seats left...I think this was because of us that dme didn't fix the problem. I would def. stay at this hotel again....loved the convience of the boat to get to MK. :thumbsup:

Tinkerbellfan
11-05-2011, 10:10 AM
We are headed back to the Wilderness Lodge in 3 weeks. Can't wait

goofygirl64
11-05-2011, 11:39 AM
5 weeks for me and I can't wait!!

gaffz70
11-05-2011, 01:17 PM
WL was the first WDW hotel we stayed at w/ our kids. We loved it. Wished we would've videotaped our kids as they walked in the lobby, mouths wide open! We haven't been back b/c we're trying out other hotels, but would go back Ina heartbeat!

RedSoxFan
11-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Glad you enjoyed your stay at WL. We stayed there last December and loved it.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-05-2011, 04:23 PM
We'll be there in 42 days:mickey:

Mousemates
11-05-2011, 05:34 PM
we love WL...thinks it the best value at WDW.

Pocahontas
11-05-2011, 05:41 PM
WL is our family's favorite resort! I only wish it were on the monorail line.:(

Glad you had a great time!

Marymouse2003
11-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Glad you enjoyed your stay. My fav time @ WL is when all the Christmas decs are up. Just awesome place.:cloud9:

VWL Mom
11-05-2011, 06:41 PM
This time tomorrow we'll be at the villas. Can't wait to walk into WL lobby and hear the music:mickey:

andmomlau
11-05-2011, 06:44 PM
I agree..WL is the best value, we think, for the money. We are leaving in 3 weeks, and wanted to stay there, but we were getting the winter discount and they had no availability for the pkg. so we are at POR. I would stay at WL again in a heartbeat....love the lobby

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-05-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm sorry about the connecting rooms.

Did the hotel feel crowded, since it was almost sold out?

It is the one resort I've always wanted to stay at ... but DH and DD love POFQ.

mydisneygirls
11-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Glad you had a wonerful time at WL. We stayed there for the first time in September and absolutely loved it. To ibelieveindisneymagic....we've mostly stayed at the Poly and thought we wouldn't like any other resort as much as there, BUT after staying at WL we were wrong. I bet DH and DS would feel the same if they gave WL a try. There is no comparison to it and POFQ (and I've stayed there too).

JenniferS.
11-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Did the hotel feel crowded, since it was almost sold out?

No, it didn't feel crowded at all. The food court was never busy the times we went.

TexansInNY
11-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Just got here today. Checked right in to inner courtyard view at 11. Just watched water parade....life is good!
:mickey:

B.O.B
11-05-2011, 10:52 PM
I have always wanted to stay here but thought that the boat transportation may get too crowded at peak times of the day, so we stayed elsewhere.

VWL Mom
11-06-2011, 06:29 AM
I have always wanted to stay here but thought that the boat transportation may get too crowded at peak times of the day, so we stayed elsewhere.

It can get crowded at peak times but then you also have the option to just grab a bus back. The bus seems to be overlooked by many and takes less than 10 minutes.

Melanie
11-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Thanks for your report! :pine:

We're set for our first family stay at WL in January. Can't wait! Hubby and I stayed there on our honeymoon 16 years ago, and we've always wanted to get back and take the boys.

PirateLover
11-06-2011, 11:19 AM
It can get crowded at peak times but then you also have the option to just grab a bus back. The bus seems to be overlooked by many and takes less than 10 minutes.

Hubby and I stayed there on our honeymoon 16 years ago, and we've always wanted to get back and take the boys.
We stayed there for our honeymoon, too :)
Loved it.
The bus is definitely the better option most of the time. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus, and we were back "home" in less than 10 as VWL Mom stated. Meanwhile, the one time we waited for the boat, it took us about 45 mins until we were able to board, and that was in the afternoon.

E-OR
11-06-2011, 02:42 PM
We are planning to stay for the first time in May...can't wait. Love to read all the postings about WL.

Ty&Maddie'sMom
11-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Glad you enjoyed it. It will be our first time there also. Only 6 more weeks!!!

JenniferS.
11-07-2011, 06:38 AM
We never had a problem w/ transportation. The boat was never busy. Even after Wishes one night we took the boat and no problems!

KylesMom
11-08-2011, 03:06 PM
So glad you enjoyed WL. It is our home away from home, and we just haven't been able to pull ourselves away the past six years to stay at a different resort.

To all who have upcoming trips planned at WL, ENJOY! To Ty&Maddie'sMom especially, I know you are going to love it! :mickey:

floridamom
11-09-2011, 10:10 AM
So glad you enjoyed WL-the theming is great there. It's a favorite of ours, especially in the winter, when we try to remember what it's like not to live in Florida! We're headed back there in about a month-- can't wait to see the Christmas decorations!:mickey:

Dopey's Girl
11-12-2011, 01:41 PM
I love WL. It's so cozy and inviting. I'm struggling trying to decide where to stay in January. My head says go Moderate to save $ to stay longer in October, but my heart keeps whispering WL.