PDA

View Full Version : Insider exit music?

CAS
11-05-2011, 01:00 AM
John, what is the exit music you use to close out the podcasts? I enjoy listening until the very last second because the music kind of gets me. :rocker:

John
11-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Funny you say that - cause I searched for a couple of weeks for the perfect music for the podcast. When I heard what we use, I knew I'd found it.

The piece is called "Good News 2" I believe. The compser makes it available for purchase on a royalty free basis. The "suite" of music including different variations (you'll notice we use two different versions on the exit) cost around $100.

To me, it conveys the essence of Epcot and future world. It reminds me of the type of background music you might hear while walking around the parks in the 80's mixed in with a modern feel.

Anyway, I'm glad someone noticed :)

It really does add to the podcast. The compser also has a few more themes out there that I may eventually purchase to mix things up occasionally.

Buttercup
11-05-2011, 10:11 AM
John - I used to work in radio and I actually have noticed the music as well! I was thinking - if you purchased the suite, there are probably 30sec or 15second versions in the package as well right?
You guys should use the shorter versions of the music to make up little bumpers and intros for certain features of the show, like the "Best of" or "News", etc. Kind-of breaks the show up a bit.
Plus, it would give you guys an opportunity to take a few shorter breaks when you're recording the show so you're recording it in segments!
Then again... that's probably more work than just rolling right through the hour... lol :mickey:

Keep up the great work!!!

John
11-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Hello fellow former radio alumnus ;)

Yeah, we have shorter versions and loops as well. Really havn't found a great way to use them... plus if I did, I'd want to do it inline so that I don't have to do it in post production.

At some point we may go there - right now, it's all I can do to get this thing out after it's recorded! ;)

Buttercup
11-07-2011, 07:54 PM
hahaha Oh boy I know... my husband and I are both former radio folks and you're right... it's definitely can be easier to do it inline! My hubby recommends using software called Vox Pro or Stinger if you wanna have a whole bunch of sfx or stingers at-the-ready during live shows. It's like a screen where you load up all your particular sounds and you just hit 'em and they play instantly (no load times or searching for the right one). So there ya go. lol Yay Former Radio Peeps! :D:thumbsup::mickey:

John
11-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Does that software work with skype calls? Typicaly, that is the hitch... playing something that not only gets recorded on the call, but can be heard by the participants ;)

Buttercup
11-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Well, I've never used it in a Skype application -- just on the air. But I *assume* that it would work the same way it would if you just had the audio on your computer and played it in, say, Windows Media Player. Ian & Gary & Mel are able to hear stuff you play locally on your computer, right? Plus it gets recorded too, right?
Basically, it's just a convenient screen that is divided up into a bunch of buttons that you have pre-set with your favorite stingers and sound effects, and you label each button with stuff like "Break Music", or "Horizons Music" for instance. Then whenever someone mentions Horizons, you've got a button right there to hit and VOILA! The Horizons music instantly starts playing! Or, same thing with the music you use at breaktime & at the end of the show, or eventually if you had a stinger of music for when you do the Best Of, or News, or whatever. It's really more of a convenience thing, having all your most commonly used sound effects and music right there laid out on one screen ready to go in an instant.
I can't see why it wouldn't work so everyone could hear it, AND it could be recorded onto the podcast... but like I said, I've never tried it with Skype so I can't say for sure.
:thumbsup: