PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone EVER Gotten Married On A Ride?

Arnold Simba
11-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Question: Has anyone EVER gotten married on a ride? One time my ex-girlfriend (notice the word "ex") and I were out having dinner, and she asked me where I would like to get married. I think she was dreaming of a quaint New England church in the fall or Hawaii in the spring. Instead, I replied (remember, she asked) "I'd love to get married down at Walt Disney World, specifically during the Christmas celebration period in December, and more specifically I want to get married while riding the "Pirates Of The Caribbean." I told her that the ride took about 10 minutes - We would place the minister in the front row, the two of us in the second row, the best man and maid of honor in the third row, and the parents in the forth row. Wedding party guests would follow in additional boats. My ex asked if I was serious. I replied I was. Scratch one relationship! So I keep searching for my true love Disney Girl!:pirate:

pirate pixie
11-04-2011, 05:51 PM
if i was not married i would do it !!! that is where i want my ashes sprinkeled when i die LOL

I LoveJack
11-04-2011, 08:38 PM
I second the notion. :thumbsup:

Main Street Jim
11-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Well, wasn't *married* on a ride...but...

I proposed to my wife in the "Victory Lane" at the Tomorrowland Speedway :) Complete with a rose from the Rose Garden near the Castle, inside of a pink glass/crystal Cinderella slipper with the engagement ring :)

cajundisneyfreak
11-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Wow that sounds amazing! Maybe they should have a dating site for disney lovers.Just saying.lol I'm still searching for my prince charming who enjoys disneyworld as much as I do.:mickey:

Jared
11-05-2011, 07:45 AM
Wow that sounds amazing! Maybe they should have a dating site for disney lovers.Just saying.lol I'm still searching for my prince charming who enjoys disneyworld as much as I do.:mickey:
Actually, I bet they do have a Disney dating site somewhere. Try a Google search.

Going2HeavenRU
11-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Well, wasn't *married* on a ride...but...

I proposed to my wife in the "Victory Lane" at the Tomorrowland Speedway :) Complete with a rose from the Rose Garden near the Castle, inside of a pink glass/crystal Cinderella slipper with the engagement ring :)

Ok, that is incredibly romantic!

garymacd
11-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Question: Has anyone EVER gotten married on a ride? One time my ex-girlfriend (notice the word "ex") and I were out having dinner, and she asked me where I would like to get married. I think she was dreaming of a quaint New England church in the fall or Hawaii in the spring. Instead, I replied (remember, she asked) "I'd love to get married down at Walt Disney World, specifically during the Christmas celebration period in December, and more specifically I want to get married while riding the "Pirates Of The Caribbean." I told her that the ride took about 10 minutes - We would place the minister in the front row, the two of us in the second row, the best man and maid of honor in the third row, and the parents in the forth row. Wedding party guests would follow in additional boats. My ex asked if I was serious. I replied I was. Scratch one relationship! So I keep searching for my true love Disney Girl!:pirate:

Okay. That is too freaky! My beloved daughter and her ex-boyfriend, now fiance, are planning a Disney wedding and they joked about getting married on Pirates!

I think it was their way of saying, "This is going to be a very intimate (read small) wedding.

I said, "Well, if you want it small, there's no place smaller than it's a small world."

"Not helpful, Dad."

According to her research, if you want to get married in one of the parks, you need to do it before the park opens.

Venue cost: $10,000!

Not including all the other incidentals, like travel, clothes, rooms, food, reception, flowers, officiant, music, park passes, transportation to the venue in Disney cars, etc.

I better get deeper pockets.

MissMaryPoppins
11-05-2011, 11:14 PM
I read in "Mouse Files", the DVC member newsletter, an article where they interviewed a Disney wedding planner. She planned a wedding for a couple in the Great Movie Ride in "The Wizard of Oz" area. I was amazed by that.

darthmacho
11-06-2011, 09:16 AM
You can get married on POTC if you'd like, but be wary of your wandering eyes when sailing through the auction scene, especially if you are partial to redheads like I am!

Also, I'd say why bother with a minister? Why not hire a genuine sea captain to oversee the ceremony?
:sail:
:bride: :pirate:

Butters
11-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Plus if you get married there, "George" could be your witness :mickey:

beksy
11-07-2011, 01:05 PM

Me too! I really need to do a search to see if there is a site that lists single Disney lovers :blush:

brivers222
11-07-2011, 01:39 PM
if only we could have convinced our parents this would be a great idea...we could have done it haha

Instead we are getting married at a golf course this saturday and awaiting our Disneymoon in 32 days!

Gator
11-07-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm a Disney Nut, but even this one goes to far, I think. Of course, if you had it on the Universe of Energy, you'd have plenty of time for vows, communion, even a singer or tow - plus, you wouldn't miss anything.

texas211
11-07-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm a Disney Nut, but even this one goes to far, I think. Of course, if you had it on the Universe of Energy, you'd have plenty of time for vows, communion, even a singer or tow - plus, you wouldn't miss anything.

Just do a "flash wedding" in the pavilion before, during...

Hall of Presidents would be good.. Have all the greats in the background, Teddy, Washington, Reagan, W.