PDA

View Full Version : Yay how should we suprise ?

pirate pixie
11-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Hello everyone , for the past 7 years we have went to WDW during fall break ( oct) but this year we opted for something diffrent and went on a cruise during the summer ( not Disney)
our DD who is 9 ( will be 10 too soon ) has been feeling a little down since we put up all of our mickey halloween decorations so long story short we are suprising her with a christmas trip . already booked ready to go ( 12/9) got party tickets whole 9 yards . this will be new for us what should we do and how should we suprise her would love some imput and ideas
oh she is a huge Agent P fan where can we find him and phineas and ferb ?

disneyfan328
11-03-2011, 08:54 PM
you can try a few things: google disney surprises and there are lots of videos.

you could do an enchanted phone call to surprise her.

we had a "disney dinner" where everything I made was somehow mickey shaped or had hidden mickey's in it and a box was delivered after dinner that had things in it for the trip and a letter from Mickey and the gang inviting them to come down.

We have also done a puzzle in the past - we did it at easter and hid the puzzle pieces in the easter eggs (that obviously won't work this time of year but you could do a scavenger hunt to find them or just sit her down to work on a puzzle like its going to be for fun) I got a picture that I had taken of the castle and sent it to wal mart and they printed it as a puzzle for less than 20.00. I also had printed on the puzzle the magic awaits you in may as this is when we were going.

this year we are surprising them at xmas. there will be little hints on the tree and a box from Santa etc but there are lots of ways to do it. Be creative and give it a try! You could always sit down and watch videos or dvd's from your past trips and then surprise her at the end by telling her you are going or something like that.

are you driving or flying? that can make a difference too. how long before you leave do you want to tell her? you could always wait till you get to the airport!

maybe you could do something when you are putting up the xmas decorations? a note tucked inside a disney stocking??

pirate pixie
11-04-2011, 08:54 AM
thank you for the great ideas . we have been tossing around the idea of her elf on the shelf helping . we are driving (alabama) so its not to far . we are going to tell her right before we leave . CANT WAIT !!!!!!!

minnie04
11-04-2011, 10:04 AM
"Disneyfan328", what great ideas you have...
We surprised our kids one year. I packed everything in the car before they got up one morning and we acted like they were going to school. My husband started driving and of course my DD (8 at the time) asked "why is daddy coming with us today" We gave them some excuse, they bought it and we kept on. See in my house when we jump on the Turnpike and head north (for any reason) I always say “why don’t we just keep driving to Disney World" well that morning it was so foggy (really bad), so they couldn’t really tell where we were. So we just kept driving north... Until one of them asked where we are going and I just said non shallot "I don’t know! Why don’t we just go to Disney and blow off school (not something we do all the time)" their faces were like...”Yeah ok”. All they kept saying was “really mom” really!!! We can go NOW!! We told them of course you have to say goodbye to Abuela & Abuelo, so we stopped by their house and my nephews (who thought they had to go to the doctor) were there waiting for us too. The excitement was priceless!!! For all of them the best part of the whole surprise was the whole family was going and no one told any of kids. So when we arrived to have breakfast and family members started showing up they were in shock...It was the best surprise ever!!!!

I hope you come up with something that will blow her socks off...It was so much fun for us putting it together for all the kids..We had a blast!!!:mickey:

disneyfan328
11-04-2011, 02:41 PM
we are actually going to surprise them three times! Once at Christmas when we tell them we are going 1/8 - 1/15, then we are going to surprise them on the 6th when we pick them up from school early and tell them that we are leaving that afternoon (not exactly sure how we are doing this - I am thinking of telling them that they have a dr's appt or something and then my ideal plan is that we have a few friends on the local police force and I want to see if one of them is available to pull us over - lights and sirens and instead of giving my husband a "real" ticket he hands the kids a ticket saying they are going to Disney today!!!

then we are going to surprise them one last time as they think we are leaving to come home on the 15th and actually we wont be coming home until the 16th so we are just going to have a note in the room that morning that Mickey is having so much fun with us around that he wants us to stay an extra day!

I am so excited I can't sleep now!!! 62 more days!

minnie04
11-04-2011, 03:23 PM
I am thinking of telling them that they have a dr's appt or something and then my ideal plan is that we have a few friends on the local police force and I want to see if one of them is available to pull us over - lights and sirens and instead of giving my husband a "real" ticket he hands the kids a ticket saying they are going to Disney today!!!

That would be so cool. I wish mine were still small enough to suprise ...

tinxmom
11-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Mine will NEVER be too old to surprise! When they were 18, 14 and 9 we surprised them with personalized ears as a holiday gift and they immdiately got "it" and went beserk. Most recently (they are now 20, 15 and 11) we had chinese for dinner and when they opened the fortune cookies they all had the same fortune...."This November will be a MAGICAL time for you and your family". The screaming was unbelievable. A WDW trip is the best gift in the whole world!

disneyfan328
11-05-2011, 09:07 PM
oooohhhh I like the fortune cookie Idea! I might have to find a way to use that one!!:mickey: