PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Party time ??

minnie04
11-03-2011, 08:43 AM
I know this has been asked before, but I cant find it on here. I wanted to know what time do they let you in the park for Mickey's Xmas party?? I have heard as early as 4:30pm. I just wanted to make sure. I have been telling everyone we can get in early. I would hate to get to the gate and have to leave or wait...OR be wrong :(

tennantsrwe
11-03-2011, 08:57 AM
When we purchased our MVMCP tickets we were told they start allowing ppl in at 4 pm. Any earlier and it would also require park admission.

minnie04
11-03-2011, 08:59 AM
:thumbsup: Thanks then we will try and get there by 4:00pm.. this way we can enjoy the whole night

tennantsrwe
11-03-2011, 09:05 AM
You're welcome!! We are usually in MK the day of the MVMCP we're attending so it doesn't matter to us but I do think it's neat they allow party guests in that early. Between the early entrance and the actual party it's almost like a full day there =)

PopPhan
11-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Although it has been customary, in the past, for gate CMs to allow people in early (generally after 4:00pm) for these hard-ticketed events, one should not expect to be allowed in the park prior to the start time on the ticket.

One purchases a ticket with a specific time frame - 7:00pm - 12:00am - and should only expect to be allowed in during those hours. Where else are you allowed in a venue 3 hours prior to the event?

Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine. (And I DO expect to be flamed for my attitude!!)

Enjoy the party!! :thumbsup:

minnie04
11-03-2011, 01:42 PM
No worries PopPhan, we say we will be there by 4:00, but we are traveling with the other side of the family (cuban) If I tell them 4:00 it means 7:00. It would be nice to get somewhere early, but I just dont see it happening..No offense to any Cuban-American's out there, but thats just how my other half is ... :mickey: And if you are Cuban you know exactly what im talking about ...:wait::wait:

renecat
11-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Although it has been customary, in the past, for gate CMs to allow people in early (generally after 4:00pm) for these hard-ticketed events, one should not expect to be allowed in the park prior to the start time on the ticket.

One purchases a ticket with a specific time frame - 7:00pm - 12:00am - and should only expect to be allowed in during those hours. Where else are you allowed in a venue 3 hours prior to the event?

Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine. (And I DO expect to be flamed for my attitude!!)

Enjoy the party!! :thumbsup:

I get what your saying and it never matters to us because we always have park hoppers, but lets face it for what you pay for that hard ticket it may be why they have always allowed people in as early as 4:00 pm.
P.S. You have a right to your opinion with out getting flamed.

11-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Not a flame but, if he goes to a football game that starts at 8 pm does he wait until that time to enter. I bet if the gates for the game open at 7 pm, he would be right there.

Just a realistic comparison.

LauraByTheSea
11-03-2011, 06:36 PM
No worries PopPhan, we say we will be there by 4:00, but we are traveling with the other side of the family (cuban) If I tell them 4:00 it means 7:00. It would be nice to get somewhere early, but I just dont see it happening..No offense to any Cuban-American's out there, but thats just how my other half is ... :mickey: And if you are Cuban you know exactly what im talking about ...:wait::wait:

I have to laugh, and agree with that. :) I live in South Florida and a lot of my closest, dearest friends are Cuban... And they will all agree, always tell them Cuban time!

And yes, they do let you in at 4pm. We just went to MNSSHP last week and were there at 4:30. Used our party tickets rather than our AP's. We were also there during the day on a party night and all was set up by 4pm. Last year too. We'll be at MVMCP next weekend! :santa3:

andmomlau
11-03-2011, 07:15 PM
We will be in WDW 12/2-12/5. We just booked the candlelight Dinner Pkg and I'm looking at the Xmas Party....we have park hoppers so will def be in MK one day....where is the Xmas party held.....what is it exactly so I know if I want to buy the tix...thanks!

Main Street Jim
11-03-2011, 07:44 PM
MVMCP (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party) is a separate-ticketed ("hard-ticket") event held at the Magic Kingdom select dates (I'm not sure *what* those dates are, though). The "party" officially starts at 7:00pm and runs until midnight, with two Very Merry Christmas parades (usually at about 8:30 and 10:15), with Happy Holiday Wishes (fireworks) at 9:30pm (I believe; someone will correct me on the times). Cookies and hot chocolate, "snow" on Main Street, Celebrate the Season (Castle show), all add to the holiday atmosphere at the park. :thumbsup:

To the original poster:
Yes, you can get into the park at about 4:00pm with *just* your Party tickets (I'm sure 11290 will correct me if they're still doing that or not :) ). You'll get a wristband for each member of your group with Party tickets; at 7:00pm, those without Party tickets/wristbands will be asked to clear out of the park.

If you're seeing the parade, if you can make it to the second viewing (at 10:15), I highly recommend it - if you have small children that stay awake that long. :mickey:

Another recommendation: planning on going to MVMCP? Do a different park or some shopping at Downtown Disney earlier in the day. Around 12:00, head back to the room, take a nap, or a dip in the pool *then* a nap, maybe an early dinner or snack, then head over to Magic Kingdom around 3:30-4:00pm. Enjoy the lighter crowds as they head out to other parks, shorter lines in late afternoon/early evening - hit the rides you've wanted to do, or have missed on prior trips to the park. That leaves the rest of the evening open to enjoy the holiday festivities - "snow", parades, and fireworks :)

11-03-2011, 10:42 PM
To the original poster:
Yes, you can get into the park at about 4:00pm with *just* your Party tickets (I'm sure 11290 will correct me if they're still doing that or not :) ). You'll get a wristband for each member of your group with Party tickets; at 7:00pm, those without Party tickets/wristbands will be asked to clear out of the park.

Still the same, although some days the turnstiles will changeover at about 3:50 or so.

Haven't gotten the parade times yet but for the Halloween parties the parades were 8:15 & 10:30 with fireworks at 9:30. I imagine it will be the same.

PopPhan
11-04-2011, 07:39 AM
Not a flame but, if he goes to a football game that starts at 8 pm does he wait until that time to enter. I bet if the gates for the game open at 7 pm, he would be right there.

Just a realistic comparison.

At 7, yes, but not at 5!! Normally a venue like that will say 'Gates open at [x]'

Hard-ticketed parties at WDW do not have that on the tickets -- they simply state the date and time of the event (i.e. 12/19/2011 7:00pm - 12:00am)

I fully understand your comment and agree, to a point....I just believe that the hard-ticket events should have a 'Gates open at [x]' time on them to alleviate the concerns...AND that they should start clearing the park (i.e. have a closing time for that day) of those not staying for the event at that same time.

W24toISMdirect
11-06-2011, 08:36 PM
This pointless debate has been going for years. In literally DOZENS of threads. The policy has been what it is and has not changed, obviously Disney has made a decision and they seemed to pleased with it, if they wheren't they'd change it and who knows? They might one day.

Can we PLEASE retire this arguement?

Yes, you have the right to express your opinion and not get flamed for it, and I have to right to point out that your opinion is beating the ground where a dead horse long ago decomposed into nothingness.

Edit: not to mention debating the validity of the policy obscures the actual answer to the OP's question. The OP wants to known when they will be aloud in, not when you think they should be.

TheVBs
11-07-2011, 06:39 AM
Not adding fuel to the fire for the debate, just some additional info for the OP... the envelope for our Halloween party tickets actually stated that we could get in at 4pm. So when you pick up your party tickets check your envelope to see what it says. Hope you have a great time! :thumbsup:

Goofy4TheWorld
11-07-2011, 08:26 AM
This pointless debate has been going for years. In literally DOZENS of threads. The policy has been what it is and has not changed, obviously Disney has made a decision and they seemed to pleased with it, if they wheren't they'd change it and who knows? They might one day.

Can we PLEASE retire this arguement?

Yes, you have the right to express your opinion and not get flamed for it, and I have to right to point out that your opinion is beating the ground where a dead horse long ago decomposed into nothingness.

Edit: not to mention debating the validity of the policy obscures the actual answer to the OP's question. The OP wants to known when they will be aloud in, not when you think they should be.

Perfect.