PDA

View Full Version : Parking charges

K8screen
11-03-2011, 07:35 AM
I was playing about on Google Earth last night and decided to "drive" from our usual hotel to MK. It was very realistic, even to me missing the exit from I4, as has been known in real life.
What interested me was the board showing parking rates as I arrived at the MK lot. I dont know how old the Google Earth pictures were, but the rates looked much higher than I remembered, so can anyone tell me the current rates?

Melanie
11-03-2011, 07:40 AM
The rate for cars is now $14/day.

renecat
11-03-2011, 01:50 PM
If you stay on property it should be free. I haven't been in several year with a car but the last time we did rent a car. The resort gave us something to put on our dashboard and when we arrived at the parks the attendant waved us through.

Main Street Jim
11-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Yes, parking is currently $14.00 a day, and your parking pass is good for the entire day. No need to pay again if you're park-hopping.

And, yes, if you're staying on property, no need to pay to park at the parks. :)

K8screen
11-03-2011, 08:29 PM
I dont stay on property, I would love to,but we cant manage it for the 2 week trips we usually make. If I was staying on property I dont think I would be driving down I4 to get to MK each morning. I dont usually get quite that lost.

;)

Main Street Jim
11-03-2011, 09:16 PM
If I can ask, where will you be coming from? Might be able to offer some alternative route(s) :)

K8screen
11-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Thanks Jim. Looking back on my last post, it looked a bit snippy. It certainly wasnt meant to be. I am, as we all are, very grateful for your knowledgable help.

I will be coming from Universal end of International Drive.

Victor Kelly
11-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Take International Drive south to Rt 536. Make a right on World Center Drive. It will turn into Epcot Center Drive after you go under/over I4 (cannot remember which, I think it is over). This in turn will take you to World Drive which leads right into Magic Kingdom.

Do not turn onto Rt 535 as it will take you to Downtown Disney.

Main Street Jim
11-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Go with Victor's suggestion :)

I know that the 535/Lake Buena Vista exit can get kinda busy sometimes, so to bypass that, go down International Drive to...

well, just follow Victor's suggestion :)

World drive/536 goes *under* I-4, and *over* Buena Vista Drive (Downtown Disney exit).

hokies4life
11-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Parking is also free at WDW if you have an AP. We stay offsite alot but with the AP we don't need to pay parking.

Victor Kelly
11-07-2011, 11:19 AM
I used to make the Rt535 mistake all the time. Until I missed the turn and wound up hitting 536instead. Sometimes missing a trun is a good thing.;)

And I have been going to Florida for the last 36 years. But when they punched I-drive all the way south, it saves you time, and lots of it.