PDA

View Full Version : Did Deevy See bite the dust?

laprana
11-01-2011, 10:34 AM
I was at WDW from Oct. 21-27 and we went to the MNSSHP on the 25th. We were in line for the Haunted Mansion and saw one of the special effects they add to the ride for the party - the story-telling ghost sitting outside of the mansion. As we got closer and could hear the ghost talk, I said to my sister, "That voice sounds so familiar!" The more I heard it, the more I thought the ghost sounded like Deevy See, DVC's obnoxious "mascot." When we got close enough to see the ghost, sure enough, under all that gray makeup was the CM who plays Miss Deevy See! Did something happen to her that DVC big wigs aren't telling us about?? :D :funny:

Disney4us2
11-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Maybe she was moonlighting.

pox24
11-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Many of the WDW CM, especially those acting perform in multiple venues. The actor playing the goofy guy at Hoop De Doo also does the King Arthur skit at England in Epcot.

laprana
11-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Oh, yeah, I know that CMs often play other roles. I just thought it was humorous that the CM who plays Deevy See, who many DVC members greatly dislike, was playing a ghost, hinting that Deevy See had "passed on." :secret:

Mackflava99
11-02-2011, 03:18 PM
i think she is hilarious, i won a nice gift at one of the DVC game shows . She was very nice to chat to afterwards.

mdhiggin
11-02-2011, 07:47 PM
We love Deevy and had our photo taken with her at Welcome Home Wednesdays.

azcavalier
11-11-2011, 09:22 AM
I've been a DVC owner for a few years and have never heard of her...

TinkerbellT421
11-11-2011, 09:50 AM
DBF and I love watching the clips she has done on the DVC site promoting DVC etc. We have had a ton of fun with her at the Welcome Home Wednesdays! Cant wait to ride HM to hear her and see if it sounds like her!! Thanks for the info! :mickey: