PDA

View Full Version : Pawn Stars Location in Vegas

Jezzup
10-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Looking for some information on the area around the Gold & Silver Pawnshop in Las Vegas featured on the Pawn Stars show.

I will be visiting the Stratosphere. The pawnshop is about 1.5 miles from the Strat. I plan to walk but have heard the area is not so good.

I'd appreciate any info on walking around this area during the afternoon.

If I need to take a cab, will I be able to get one coming back easily? Thanks.

sassafras
10-31-2011, 01:57 PM
I just finished reading Rick's book about the shop and he himself says the area it is located in is not good. He has seen bunches of people look like they are confused when they pull into the lot and see how bad the area is. I'd definitely consider the cab ride and not walk.

Tink#64
10-31-2011, 11:42 PM
I'll ask DH, he was there in the spring, (he didn'tmention the neighborhood) he gets to travel quite a bit these days for work, whilst DS's & I sit home & dream of being "JetSetters" :plane: He said when they got there, the line was snaked around the building & he'd given up hope to get in. Alas, the line moved quickly & he was so happy to be granted entrance to this "Fine" establishment! :D He was :clappy:, as we are huge fans of the show! He said it was much smaller then it appeared on TV! Brought back cool souvenears shirts for the DS's!

BrerGnat
11-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Most of Vegas "off strip" is really seedy. However, I think if you are walking in the daytime, and you're not alone, you should be fine. I wouldn't suggest walking alone. More than likely, you'll just get harassed by people looking for a handout, but you never know.

If it's just you, take a cab. Have the phone number of the cab company handy so you can call for a ride back when you are ready.

Tink#64
11-02-2011, 11:55 PM
DH says that area isn't a really good area, it's the old part of the strip. But he says that you should be ok if don't go any further in that direction. He says that you should be fine with catching a cab from there. Hope this helps.

Jezzup
11-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks to everyone for the info.

Bethanymouse
11-18-2011, 10:54 PM
My dad confers with everyone else- bad area- cab ride should be okay. He warned however- don't get too excited, the shop is surprisingly small and the "owners" are rarely spotted except during filming.