PDA

View Full Version : Cali Grill mini review

alaMode
10-30-2011, 03:49 PM
We had a wonderful experience at California Grill last night!

We checked in at 7:50pm and were seated at our table at 8:20pm. Wishes was scheduled for 9pm, and we were very happy to be seated at a window seat overlooking the castle!

We started with the BBQ Chicken Flatbread, which we shared among 4 people. DH had the pork tenderloin, my mom had the fettucine with wild mushrooms, and I had the oak-grilled filet of beef. DS had a little bit of everyone's dish-he is a very light eater and our portions were fairly large. Everything was delicious!

For desert we shared the gianduja mousse and the S'mores Valrhona cake. Both deserts were yummy, but the cake was especially good. It was a molten cake and the center was a gooey dark chocolate delight! It was served with peanut butter ice cream and homemade Graham cracker and marshmallow. We ate every bit!

Watching Wishes from our table made the evening extra special. We had been at MK earlier that afternoon and it was SO CROWDED! I'm glad we had a chance to view the fireworks from such a lovely vantage point!

Our bill (incl. 3 cocktails) came to $200 plus tip. Considering we spent $100 on pizza/salad/desert at Via Napoli on our last trip (& enjoyed it very much!) I thought this experience was well worth the cost!

artyboy
10-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the report!

Kairi_7378
10-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks for sharing your special meal with us. We love the CA Grill too.

RichGuy
11-03-2011, 06:33 PM
We enjoyed the pork tenderloin and wild mushroom fettuccine entrees our last trip out.

I totally agree, delicious! The mushrooms especially.

sgdisney
11-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Sounds yummy. I just made a reservation for our January trip for 7:25 and Wishes is scheduled that night at 8. Since we have never been there, I am really looking forward to it.

Katzateer
11-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Glad you had a great meal and time! I love CG and we try to go each trip for a Wishes viewing and a wonderful meal.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-04-2011, 10:13 AM
thanks for the report

January-2007
11-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks for sharing.