PDA

View Full Version : Currently at the parks

Dyanna
10-30-2011, 07:32 AM
I must say...we just arrived yesterday & could not believe the extremely large crowds at the MK. When the parade & fireworks ended it took us about a half hr from Walts statue to exit the parks. Going to guess that Halloween being on a Monday following this weekend may have something to do with it. All I have to say is wow!

A Big Kid
10-30-2011, 09:32 AM
Could it be with the closing of fantasyland that essentially you have the same amount of people in a smaller space creating the illusion of more people?

That us a fear of mine in January, fantasyland closed, dumbo closed, BTMR closed, etc. I am contemplating not even going to the MK during our trip.

disneyfan328
10-30-2011, 11:08 AM
we are going in Jan as well and are wondering about that too, but I don't believe that fantasyland as a whole is closed. Toon town is closed and dumbo will be closed - BTMR goes down the day after we get there so I am hoping for the best. I couldn't imagine going to DisneyWorld and not visiting the magic kingdom!!!! In fact its going to be our first park once we get down there. I always tell my kids. 2 things on vacation are totally out of my control - Lines/crowds, and the weather. We just have to make the best of it and go with whatever happens in respect to those 2 things. :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
10-30-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm jealous!!! Have a great time!! :tink:

Mammabruski
10-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Could it be with the closing of fantasyland that essentially you have the same amount of people in a smaller space creating the illusion of more people

I'm pretty sure Fantasyland is open for business... Toontown is truly closed, but that wasn't a huge draw for the crowds... Currently I don't think any attractions in Fantasyland proper are closed.

That us a fear of mine in January, fantasyland closed, dumbo closed, BTMR closed, etc. I am contemplating not even going to the MK during our trip.

The only thing that will be closed will be Dumbo (and maybe SWSA), but Fantasyland is not truly closed, just under construction along one edge. If you have little ones, I wouldn't skip MK due to the closing of BTMR and Dumbo! But that's just my :twocents:!

alaMode
10-30-2011, 03:27 PM
We're also in WDW right now and ITA! We arrived yesterday pm and headed right for MK. We were able to ride a few rides (we stayed in Adventureland side if the park) before heading over to Cali Grill for dinner. I'm so glad we left early because it took us so long to exit at 7:30, I can't imagine what it was like after Wishes!
Today at DHS was much better! Tonight we'll be at MNSSHP. I haven't checked to see if it is sold out.
We're still having a GREAT time!

Checkers
10-30-2011, 04:17 PM
We were there last Sat. evening and the crowd was truly unbearable, however, during the week it seemed to be average. We were there for a good part of the day on Thurs. and found it to be enjoyable. Perhaps it being the weekend and an overflow crowd also attending the F&WF could be part of the reason.

Giselle
10-30-2011, 04:32 PM
I just returned from there and I have to say the crowd varied greatly from day to day. We went to MK on monday and I literally ran around in the Sonny Eclipse restaurant (the name escapes me right now) to try to get a table and failed several times as another person beat me to it as I was carrying a baby and dragging a 7 year old as well. There were hour to hour and a half waits for most rides. But the next day we returned and it was like night and day. The same restaurant was deserted. We rode rides over and over again without waiting at all. One of the CMs told me there was a large group (DreamFlight?) at the world and wherever they went that day was really crowded so maybe that has something to do with it as well.

epceddie
10-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Weekend crowds at WDW have gotten so bad that we only book Sunday through Thursday vacations anymore. The traffic is horrific and DTD is unbearable.

Melanie
10-31-2011, 05:46 PM
We're also in WDW right now and ITA! We arrived yesterday pm and headed right for MK. We were able to ride a few rides (we stayed in Adventureland side if the park) before heading over to Cali Grill for dinner. I'm so glad we left early because it took us so long to exit at 7:30, I can't imagine what it was like after Wishes!

How strange! A group of us from INTERCOT were at MK yesterday from about 1-4, and crowds were very manageable. We walked right onto Pirates, Jungle Cruise and Tiki Room, and waited about 20 minutes for Big Thunder. Even the Dole Whip lines were short. Pathways and shops were not congested and overall it was just a beautiful day at the park. Must have gotten bad after we left. :confused:

alaMode
11-02-2011, 05:19 AM
We arrived at 4-ish and stayed for 3 hours. When we got there we stopped to see Minnie & Mickey because the wait was only 5 minutes. I thought, "This is a good sign!" but once we headed over to the left side of the park, it was very chaotic. At one point we tried to get over to BTMRR & we had to wait for an opening to cross the area in front of Splash Mountain because it was so jammed with people.

MNSSHP didn't feel crowded at all on 10/30. That morning, DHS was kind of crowded, but only around Pixar Place, which I think is typical? DS wasn't able to do Jedi Training because the morning slots were filled by 10am. There were late afternoon slots available, but we had to leave by 3:00 to get ready for our pre-MNSSHP dinner at Chef Mickeys.

Monday at Epcot was not crowded at all. It rained all morning and we didn't arrive until 1pm. We were able to ride every ride in FW and do a complete tour of the WS by 9pm closing. We had dinner at LeCellier at 6pm & when we emerged the F&W Fest was more crowded, but not crazy.

Tuesday morning at MK wasn't crowded at all!

I like the idea if a Sunday-Thursday stay. I think I'll try that strategy for our next trip!