PDA

View Full Version : Grounded in NJ

mrte62
10-29-2011, 08:43 PM
:( Changed our flight four hours early to try and beat the storm - only to have all domestic flights cancelled at Newark.

Continental booked us for 7:45 pm tomorrow. So we lose an entire day of our vacation.

Re-booked the car, cancelled one ADR.

Not happy, but made it back home safe and hopefully tomorrow will be better ....

CleveSJM
10-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Ouch! Being safe is best. Not getting in too late is good as well.

On our last trip our flights were messed up by weather but we got in around 1am. Got into POR around 2. Still made the HS the next morning at 9 but I was beat and felt bad all day. Would have been better to sleep well and feel good for the rest of the vacation.

Safe travels!

tinksmom02
10-29-2011, 09:41 PM
We are just having some odd weather this weekend here in NJ. Stay safe, and be thankful that you were able to go home in between canceled and rescheduled flights--and that you weren't stuck sleeping at the airport!

NJDad
10-30-2011, 06:51 AM
That happened to us last January. We vowed next time to make sure it didn't happen so we'd book in some month like October.

wildernesslady
10-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Sorry about the change in plans. Who would have thought we would be dealing with this in October. I hope you have a great vacation once you are there.

TheVBs
10-30-2011, 09:32 AM
How frustrating and disappointing. So sorry! Hope your next flight goes smoothly and you have a great trip!

disneymom15
10-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Hope your weather conditions look better for today. Safe travels and enjoy the remainder of your trip!

mrte62
10-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks for all the kind words.

We were able to get a slightly earlier flight, the bags will be waiting for us and a very nice guy from the Disney Travel Company named Birch talked me of the ledge last night. :mickey:

Looks like we shouldn't have too many other issues and let the vacation begin.

The trip report(s) should have an interesting title at least!

hoop de do
10-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Not exactly a magical memory but a memory just the same. I'm sure the rest of your story will be much better.
Have a great vaca. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

faline
10-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Sorry for the delayed start to your trip! Who could have predicted a snowstorm would waylay folks in the east in October?!

Dopey's Girl
10-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Bummer! At least you have everything rescheduled. Snow cancelled flights in October...crazy!