PDA

View Full Version : And the snow has started......

Katzateer
10-29-2011, 08:48 AM
:(. Already big flakes are falling from the sky NNOOO!!! We had enough of this the last 2 winters:down::down:

TheVBs
10-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Wow. So sorry! :(

wildernesslady
10-29-2011, 09:09 AM
It started here about 30 min. ago. I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come. We have already had record rain and an earthquake this year. Ugh!!!

KathyMJ
10-29-2011, 10:34 AM
That's a dirty four letter word in my house, lol.
I will refer to it as big fluffy rain drops!

If this winter is anything like last, we are in trouble.

VWL Mom
10-29-2011, 10:44 AM
It's been coming down for about an hour here :(

Renfairwedding
10-29-2011, 10:55 AM
It started in the Poconos about an hour ago.

Just in time to put a damper on our community halloween party :mad:

TinkerbellT421
10-29-2011, 11:05 AM
That's a dirty four letter word in my house, lol.
I will refer to it as big fluffy rain drops!

If this winter is anything like last, we are in trouble.

Ditto!!!! We are so in trouble if this is a sign :( So not looking forward to this. I may have to start baking cookies soon just to have something nice about today lol

PirateLover
10-29-2011, 11:13 AM
According to the "experts" the early snow in and of itself is not a harbinger of things to come, it's more the extreme temperatures we've experienced. They are saying prepare for another doozy of a winter. Get me outta here!

Emsparents
10-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Same here in the mountains of West Virginia. We expect snow, but this is ridiculous!!! I hope this is not a pre-cursor of what is to come. The last two winters here have been awful, lots of school missed, snow on the ground for weeks, simply a mess. I like a little snow every now and then, especially at Christmas, but it is nice to get a break as well. Don't want to see it all winter this year.

Everyone getting snow stay warm and be careful on the roads!!!

Katzateer
10-29-2011, 11:27 AM
According to the "experts" the early snow in and of itself is not a harbinger of things to come, it's more the extreme temperatures we've experienced. They are saying prepare for another doozy of a winter. Get me outta here!

seriously?? I think we had better move back to Ohio- the 2 winters we have been on the East coast all kinds of record snow and strange weather

We already are getting broken branches today from the heavy wet snow.

ElenitaB
10-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Ugh, ugh and ugh! Calgon, take me away!

SBETigg
10-29-2011, 11:44 AM
It's headed here and they are saying 8-12 inches. We moved over the summer and I don't even know where I put the shovels. Ack! Dreading it. I guess I'll go brave the grocery store to stock up on the essentials, chocolate and wine.

hoop de do
10-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Get out the snuggies and the family WDW tapes. Cookies and hot chocolate too.

:snowball::snowball:

PirateLover
10-29-2011, 11:58 AM
seriously?? I think we had better move back to Ohio- the 2 winters we have been on the East coast all kinds of record snow and strange weather

We already are getting broken branches today from the heavy wet snow.

That was another thing, they said with many trees still having foliage, there is greater potential for downed trees due to the heaviness of the snow/ice on the leaves. I'm with ElenitaB. UGH UGH UGH.

vicster
10-29-2011, 12:11 PM
UGH - I'm feeling for all of you. 50 and sunny in Chicago today. We had a blizzard last February so I'm totally not looking forward to snow. Be safe!

Disney4us2
10-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Sending our Southern California warm winds your way to melt that snow. Doesn't feel like fall when it is in the 80's.:sun:melting:snowball:

ElenitaB
10-29-2011, 01:06 PM
It started and in Manhattan around an hour ago.

DVC2004
10-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Boo! It's too early. I am in Chicago and we dodged it this time but the past few winters here, especially last year, were horrible too.

TheMartellFamily
10-29-2011, 05:42 PM
I am lookin forward to skiing but not this early. They said that for the Chicago area the winter will be worse than last year and that is what is pretty much predicted though out the country.

disney obsessed
10-29-2011, 06:14 PM
We live in Virginia Beach. My daughter and her boyfirend went to Boston for the weekend to visit his grandparents. They both start a new job on Monday and plan to drive home (12 hours) on Sunday. When I talked with her this am she told me they were planning a take off from Boston around 9am as the snow was scheduled to end at 8 am. What she doesn't know is that the weather is not always accurate. I hope they can make it home without problems. My saving grace is that I grew up in the North and I know they know how to take care of the roads.

lettripp
10-29-2011, 06:32 PM
We are currently banned from the roads! Don't get me wrong, I like snow... for the most part... ok in December only... and maybe a freak snow day in March but SERIOUSLY!? This is ridiculous. We haven't lost power yet but the total is up to over 300,000 outages. It isn't even Halloween yet!!!!!!

kaylamag
10-29-2011, 06:34 PM
It's been snowing here all day, my youngest daughter and i are about to curl up in the living room with a disney movie and some hot chocolate. Meanwhile my husband and oldest daughter are out sitting in the snow at the Penn State game!

faline
10-29-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm on the North Shore of Boston and we didn't start to snow until an hour or so ago. However, many of the states (down through Pennsylvania) began snowing much earlier than it did here. I hope all goes well with their drive home as it might be a tough one for a while!

DisneyDog
10-29-2011, 07:03 PM
I am in the western Philly suburbs. It started here around 9am and hasn't stopped yet (it's now 7pm.) We have about 3 inches so far.