PDA

View Full Version : DDP and Gratuities

TheGarretts
10-28-2011, 08:24 PM
I know the DDP used to include the gratuity and now it doesn't, but I read somewhere (I lost where) on these boards that it is included if your party is six or more. Anybody know about this?

SBETigg
10-28-2011, 08:46 PM
I know the DDP used to include the gratuity and now it doesn't, but I read somewhere (I lost where) on these boards that it is included if your party is six or more. Anybody know about this?

No, the DP doesn't include gratuity if you're a party of six or more. I think it was one of my answers to another question that confused you (and wasn't phrased properly). My apologies. The gratuity is added on to a bill for a party of six, but is not included in the dining plan. It's an additional charge. But it's automatically calculated for you at 18 %, I think, if you're a larger party. If you're a party under six, you're responsible for deciding what you want to leave for a gratuity. But either way, you're still paying the gratuity and it's not included in the Disney Dining Plan, except for special circumstances (like dining at CRT, as we were discussing in the other thread).

TheGarretts
10-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Thank you, even with the free dining the tips add up to a big chunk of budget and I wanted to be sure we planned correctly.

magicofdisney
10-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Thank you, even with the free dining the tips add up to a big chunk of budget and I wanted to be sure we planned correctly.

I agree. Once or twice I felt the tip alone was more than fair for the food we ate. :unsure:

DizneyRox
10-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Yeah, parties of 6 or more have a surcharge added to their bill. It's 18% and you would be required to pay that. Don't confuse gratuity and surcharge. One is optional and usually based on the level of service, the other is a legal obligation.

CanadaLovesDisney
11-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Some of the best servers we have ever had work in the Disney table service restaurants. Its so hard not to really overtip! Especially the servers at coral reef!

tennantsrwe
11-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Ahh the days when tips were included...made it so easy :cloud9: We usually plan for 20% and budget accordingly. Obviously we budget a little extra just incase we have an awesome server or two.

renecat
11-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Yes we leave in 8 days and are a party of 7 so 18% will be added to our bill. We usually tip 20% so it really doesn't matter to us. Hope you have a great trip.