PDA

View Full Version : Pirate League question

gokatgo
10-27-2011, 01:54 AM
So I just learned about the Pirate League and got so excited thinking this would be perfect for our upcoming trip. But sadly, when I called today for a reservation, the date we needed (son's 5th bday) was all booked. Has anyone had any luck getting a reservation right before? I figured I would call every couple days and then every day starting about a week before. Has anyone ever found that there are cancellations the day of?
Thanks!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-27-2011, 06:37 AM
Like everything else at Disney, I would keep trying, since spaces can come up at any time, as people change their plans and cancel.

Otherwise, I'd head over first thing in the morning, and see if they can fit you in during the day.

On our last trip, we also didn't know too much about Pirate's League, so we called the day before for reservations. We got the first appointment of the day and it was VERY QUIET for about 1/2 of our appointment. By the time we left it was quite busy, so it may be possible to slip in first thing in the am.

Good Luck!

buzznwoodysmom
10-27-2011, 09:09 AM
We have had luck "walking up" 3 times.

The first time my youngest had an appointment. As soon as his older brother saw him of course big brother wanted to do it to. We walked back over, had to wait for about 30 minutes and he was able to become a pirate too!

The second time my youngest decided while on the bus on the way to the park that he wanted to do the pirate league again. When we got to the park we went straight there and he was able to be one of the first makeovers of the day.

And the last time we did the pirate makeover was this past March. When we got off the POTC ride my youngest decides he wants to be a pirate again. I tried talking him out of it, but several rides later he was still asking. This time when we asked they said they were all booked for the day. However, one look at his Birthday button and they found a way to squeeze him in after all.

These were during fairly busy times of the year. Thanksgiving week, a June trip, and Mardi Gras week. If you can't get an appointment by calling, you should definitely try to walk up. I think going there as soon as you enter the park is your best bet. Good luck.

gokatgo
10-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks so much, I am feeling much better! We have early reservations at Crystal Palace so we'll send someone over to check on getting in right away! Thanks again!

buzznwoodysmom
10-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks so much, I am feeling much better! We have early reservations at Crystal Palace so we'll send someone over to check on getting in right away! Thanks again!

That is an excellent idea. The sooner you can get over there and speak to someone the better your chances are going to be. I think you are going to be able to pull this off. Of course, unless your trip is during an extremely busy time, like the weeks of Christmas or Easter. Good luck!

gokatgo
10-27-2011, 12:51 PM
We'll be there on December 2nd and it's a day that has the Christmas party at night so from what I've been reading, the park shouldn't be too busy during the day. Thanks!