PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella Castle Suite

DisneyKidsMom
10-26-2011, 02:15 PM
How does one get to stay in the suites in the castle?

Disney4
10-26-2011, 02:19 PM
I believe you can only win a night's stay. Not sure if there is a promotion going on for this now or not.

wildernesslady
10-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Luck!!! It used to be part of the Year of a Million Dreams promtion. I'm not sure if it even gets used anymore.

Ian
10-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Stories vary ...

First off, it's not suites plural ... there's only one.

The official line is that it's only used for promotions, contest giveaways, and maybe Make A Wish families. I've heard anectdotally that it's offered up to celebs at times, either for pay or in exchange for services. There was a rumor not long ago that John Stamos traded a free concert appearance for a night there or something. Nothing concrete, though. Only Internet rumors.

And, in fact, most credible sources I've read on the subject say it's only used for giveaways now and that's it.

Which is a shame, really. We were fortunate enough to win a night in the Suite during the YoaMD celebration and it was truly an amazing experience.

Main Street Jim
10-26-2011, 07:06 PM
After the Two Years of Two Million Dreams promotion back in 2008, it is no longer used, except for CM events (that I know of).

You can't rent it, buy it, etc. We've had celebrities in the past offer ungodly amounts of $$$$ to stay in it - and turned it down.

Aurora
10-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Why in the world would they build such a fantastic place, promote it to the heavens as the ULTIMATE Disney World prize (which it was), and then not use it??

Could it be that they DO, but they don't want anyone to know? As in, for executive visits, VIPs, etc.? It's just not in me to believe it's just sitting there not being appreciated by someone. :faint:

mdhiggin
10-26-2011, 08:45 PM
We entered an AP sweepstakes for a night there. I think they choose the winner tomorrow.:fingers: