PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon cafe

tinxmom
10-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Just made lunch reservation at WCC - and then read something somewhere that the waiters/waitresses are not up for their usual antics at lunch, only dinner. Any truth to that?

cer
10-26-2011, 02:19 PM
I would tend to agree. I have only been to WCC at lunch and it was a very tame experience. Also, there were hardly any guests in there.

Disney Doll
10-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Our very first experience at WCC was at lunch just a couple of weeks ago. We ended up going back for dinner later that week. We witnessed a lot more antics happening throughout the restaurant at dinner, but of course the restaurant was full so you would expect more antics with more people. However, we had a better experience with our waiter at lunch. He was very fun and maybe because he wasn't so busy he had more time to play with us. Our dinner waitress didn't really do anything special, but we still enjoyed witnessing the antics going on at other tables.

darthmacho
10-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Tough to say. Lunch is definitely quieter due to smaller crowd levels, but our last lunch there was back in 1998. Our waitress was still in character and playful though, and I think we did the hokey pokey at some point. Breakfasts and dinners are downright raucous!

sassafras
10-26-2011, 04:13 PM
My sis and BIL were just there for lunch yesterday and were rather disappointed by the lack of antics. She had been there with me for dinner before and thought she was pulling a good one on him by not telling him about all the antics. Said they just put the ketchup on the table, no large glasses of tea. She was rather bummed out!

buzznwoodysmom
10-26-2011, 04:55 PM
We normally have dinner there, but in June of 2010 we had lunch and we still had a blast. Sure it wasn't as loud and crazy as dinner time, but still fun. The kids still did the stick horse races, and all the usual dinner antics were in full effect during our lunch, but there were less guests so less noise. If you go for lunch ask for Roxie to be your waitress. She's the best. We've asked for her on some of our trips, but she only works lunch, and our last few trips to WCC have been for dinner.

wildernesslady
10-26-2011, 04:57 PM
We were there for lunch a couple of weeks ago. We had pony races, and ketchup bottle fetching. It was quieter than dinner but still fun to us.

JenniferS.
11-06-2011, 08:46 PM
We were just there this past Friday, but for breakfast. I was hoping that they wouldn't be up to any antics because it was the end of my vk and I was tired. It was very quiet. The waitress did a few things, but very tame. We asked for ketchup and she brought it to us (we may have been the 1st table to ask) w/ no big scene. She also only brought out about 6 bottles. We did have to bring it all to another table, but it was done in a much more quieter way.

natedog24
11-07-2011, 10:58 PM
No antics at lunch?? Where's the fun in that?!?
The food is decent, but it's the atmosphere that makes WCC a special place to dine.