PDA

View Full Version : Had to cancel Le Cellier ADR :(

rjmdds
10-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Well, due to the change in the opening night of the Osborne Lights to November 10th (from the 8th), I had to cancel our dinner ADR for Le Cellier. We missed the Osborne Lights on our last trip because they were cancelled due to rain. We wanted to make sure we did not miss it this time. I figured that since the Lights are seasonal, it is more of a priority even though we have always wanted to go to Le Cellier. No matter what time of year we choose to go next time, Le Cellier will still be there. A difficult choice but in the end we can't to see the Osborne Lights.
By the way, for anyone trying to get an ADR at Le Cellier, mine was for {removed per TOS}. Maybe someone can benefit.

SBETigg
10-26-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm sorry you had to cancel. With your situation, I think it was a good call, but I know it's hard not to do it all when you have great plans in place.

wdwluv
10-26-2011, 01:47 PM
I have to let go of a couple of reservations too, and it's killing me! (Tusker House Breakfast and Crystal Palace breakfast) So hard to plan 180 days out!!!

(and on top of that, I cancelled a Mickey's Backyard BBQ reservation, that I thought we couldn't do, and now it turns out we can, and of course it is a popular one and I don't think we'll get back in! Darnit! I just keep trying and hope that as we get closer, someone will cancel theirs)

rjmdds
10-26-2011, 02:00 PM
(and on top of that, I cancelled a Mickey's Backyard BBQ reservation, that I thought we couldn't do, and now it turns out we can, and of course it is a popular one and I don't think we'll get back in! Darnit! I just keep trying and hope that as we get closer, someone will cancel theirs)

Well, good luck. It can get so frustrating when you have everything so well planned out and everything fits well. Then something out of your control happens and WHAM!...back to the drawing board. But it is all part of the fun. In the end, no matter what, you will have an awesome time.

wdwluv
10-26-2011, 04:01 PM
It is almost fun sometimes...I feel like I'm gambling, and sometimes get to win big and get that much coveted reservation! :-P

wildernesslady
10-26-2011, 05:00 PM
The Osborne lights are not to be missed. I think you made a great decision. LeCellier is good and will still be there on your next visit.

BrerGnat
10-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Think of it this way:

You could have had a great meal at LeCellier, or a really lousy one.

But, the Osborn Lights will be awesome no matter what!

amy853
10-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Good point!