PDA

View Full Version : Baby Swap/Fast Pass Question

Jeddie
10-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Hi - can someone let me know if this would work or not. We'll be a party of 6 (4 adults; 2 DDs (4 and 2)). 1 of our DDs (2) will probably not hit the coveted 40in mark to ride most of the classics (BTM, Splash, Soarin, etc).

Does this scenario seem allowable (not sure how many people are allowed to enter with the Baby Swap):

1. 2 adults, 1 DD (4) get FPs for BTM. We all walk up to the CM to obtain a Baby Swap for the other 2 adults, who wait with DD (2).

2. The "runner" of our group (me) obtains the FPs for the 2 adults waiting with DD(2) for Splash.

3. The first 2 adults, 1 DD (4) ride BTM. Come off and do the baby swap - Q: can DD (4) ride again with the other 2 adults who are using the Baby Swap. Also, can 2 adults use 1 Baby Swap?

4. At Splash, obtain another Baby Swap and the 2 adults in #2 above ride, the other 2 adults wait with both DDs.

5. After the adults in #4 come off Splash - Q: can the other 2 adults waiting with both DDs ride with DD 4 using the Baby Swap?

Sorry if this sounds confusing! Trying to see what makes the most sense to use and where (FP and Baby Swap).

Thanks so much!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Ok, I officially now have a headache.:ill:

I can explain what we did and maybe that will help. We are a family of 5 and when we were at WDW last Nov we made extensive use of the baby swap. My 3 DD were 8-5-3 at the time, with the youngest definitely being below the 40"

I would walk up to a ride, like BTM with my 2 dd that could ride and my DW would wait with the one too small. The cast member would then give me basically a fast pass for my DW and 2 more so that she could go on the ride with the two girls herself. I think, but am not certain, that the babyswap fast passes are limited to three at one time. Unlike a regular fastpass, you can hold mutliple ones at the same time. You could do the baby swap at Rock and Roller Coaster then go over to ToT and do it again.

Once a baby swap fast pass is given to you, anyone can use it, it isn't tied to your ticket card or anything like that. Infact, we got them on several rides, didn't use them, so we gave them to others who could. As I recall, none of the original people issued the baby swap fast pass has to be the one to use them.

As far as fast pass, you can send one person with all your cards to get as many as you can, just keep in mind you can only hold one fast pass every two hours, I think.

So I think you can probably do what you want.

Pirate Granny
10-26-2011, 07:49 AM
Usually only three persons can ride using the baby swap passes.

wdwfansince75
10-26-2011, 09:50 AM
These discussions do not mention grandpa...My family believes my interpertation of the rules that dictates that one of the 3 riders each time must be the grandfather of the child.

BrerGnat
10-26-2011, 10:12 AM
In a nutshell, yes, you can do what you are thinking of doing.

A total of three riders can use a Rider Switch pass, so yes, your DD4 will get a "bonus" ride on both rides, if she chooses.

However, I am going to be honest here. If the CM sees that there are 4 adults and only two children, you may be denied a rider switch pass. Theoretically, ALL four adults plus the 4 year old should obtain a Fast Pass. Then, the adults would just take turns using their fastpasses while someone waits with the little one. The amount of time waiting is not diminished with the rider switch pass in this situation, because you will enter the FP line to do the second go round (for those who wait with your DD2 the first time).

Technically, the Rider Switch pass is designed for a party consisting of no more than 2 adults and a child too short to ride an attraction. It's designed so that one adult rides while the other waits. It's not a way to maximize Fastpass usage.

While not really cheating the system, what you are proposing is not a fair use of this pass, the way Disney intended it to be. You can be your own moral police on this one. I'd not do it, and really, once the CM sees how many adults are in your party, they are going to know what you are up to and can very well deny you the pass, and tell you to use FP instead.

wdwfansince75
10-26-2011, 11:23 PM
I have done it with 4 adults and one child...3 adults ride each time, while one stays with the child...Two of the adults rode twice....Had 4 FP's, one per rider...the CM inside collected 3 of the FP's on the first time through the FP line, and both the child swap ticket and the FP from the CS holder on the second time through. Never, ever, been told that it was designed only for couples...In fact, we were told that it was designed to be used exactly how we used it. Works great for grandparents!

BrerGnat
10-27-2011, 01:47 AM
I have done it with 4 adults and one child...3 adults ride each time, while one stays with the child...Two of the adults rode twice....Had 4 FP's, one per rider...the CM inside collected 3 of the FP's on the first time through the FP line, and both the child swap ticket and the FP from the CS holder on the second time through. Never, ever, been told that it was designed only for couples...In fact, we were told that it was designed to be used exactly how we used it. Works great for grandparents!

Yes, but in your example, everyone who rode obtained a FP for the attraction. The OP wants to use the rider switch pass in lieu of fastpass.

wdwfansince75
10-27-2011, 08:41 AM
We have done the CS without Fast Passes, but the CM at the entrance told us we had to go through the standby queue...ever since, we usually use CS on attractions for which we hold Fast Passes....effect is back to back Fast Pass queues. Exceptions are when we get to parks at opening...did EE 4 times in first hour by getting FP's, doing the standby line, getting a CS pass, using the CS for a second ride, then, using the FP's (and getting a CS) for a third ride, then, doing a fourth ride with the CS from the third ride....Also once did the same for Splash. Oh, and DS#2 and DDiL#2 are having their second child in November, so will be able to do the CS for several more years!

BrerGnat
10-27-2011, 09:03 AM
We have done the CS without Fast Passes, but the CM at the entrance told us we had to go through the standby queue...ever since, we usually use CS on attractions for which we hold Fast Passes...

This was pretty much what I was getting at, but you got to it much more concisely.

The CM's know when people are trying to abuse the system, and they have ways of making it not as appealing.

If a group wants to use a CS pass as well as FP, they should get FP for every rider in the party.