PDA

View Full Version : Any Food and wine pros?

mdhiggin
10-25-2011, 01:50 PM
DH and I are going to catch the last couple nights of F&W next month. We spend about a month at Disney each year, but have never been to this event. Our kids will not be going this time, and we do not drink alcohol, if that helps. We will have an 8 night split stay between boardwalk and yacht club. This is only our second trip without kids, so, tell me, what should we do? Also, I see big bad voodoo daddy will be at F&W then. Are they any good?

Scar
10-25-2011, 02:04 PM
I've been to the F&W Fest 4 vacations and enjoyed it every time. Twice I ate around 80% of my meals there (I have no kids.) I find the food to be that good. What you should do is skip the restaurants and just sample what each booth has to offer. I don't drink wine, and I can drink beer anytime, so the alcohol really has nothing to do with it for me.

Disney Doll
10-25-2011, 02:17 PM
We love Food and Wine and we aren't drinkers. My favorites this year were the fried cheese with honey and pistachios from the Greece kiosk and the waffles with a warm berry compote from Belgium.

I personally enjoy Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. It's big band/swing. You would probably recognize the music if you heard it. They got pretty popular for a while in the late 90's.

SBETigg
10-25-2011, 02:42 PM
You don't need the wine/alcoholic beverages to enjoy. Water and other beverages are available at the venues, too. Sampling the food around the World Showcase is fun, so many great things to try. Sharing things from four or five booths made a meal for us. It worked out well to sample some, then go do other things and come back later to try more.

Scar
10-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Oh, and as far as the concert... although I've never seen (and never even heard of) Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, I've seen many acts there that I was pretty sure I wouldn't like, and was suprised each time with a great show.

Wrigley
10-25-2011, 04:46 PM
F&W is our absolute favorite experience at the World. We love going from food booth to food booth sampling all that they have to offer. The apple streudle from Germany was amazing, and so were the empenadas (not sure which country this was from!). Everything we had was wonderful!

BugeyedMuggy
10-25-2011, 05:22 PM
We saw Big Bad Voodo Daddy last year and loved them. They are swing type music and fun to move to. We like to get to the festival early starting at Belgium with the waffles. Then work your way around. If you like to see cooking shows or enjoy cooking the culinary events at the festival center for about $10 are a fun time.

AvaNellMouse
10-25-2011, 10:03 PM
I would go earlier in the day, if possible. The evenings seemed to be very crowded and some of the guests appeared to be a bit vocal and over-imbibed.:thedolls:
The lamb sliders from New Zealand were amazing! Enjoy!

mdhiggin
10-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Loving all the food tips. What about the things to do around boardwalk, yacht club? Is jellyrolls fun? Does it cost to get in?

kemps@wdw
10-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Food & Wine Fest, for me, is more about the food than the wine. I'm not a big drinker, but I love me some taste testing!

Melanie
10-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Well, I like food and wine (and beer for that matter), but the food alone is amazing! I suggest doing what Jeff said, skipping big meals and just sampling your way around the world. Also agree with going earlier in the day, and try to avoid the weekends as more locals come out to enjoy and it increases the crowds.

Enjoy! :chef: :wine:

Christine
10-27-2011, 09:54 PM
I would go earlier in the day, if possible. The evenings seemed to be very crowded and some of the guests appeared to be a bit vocal and over-imbibed.:thedolls:
The lamb sliders from New Zealand were amazing! Enjoy!

I wholeheartedly agree!!