PDA

View Full Version : AP Discount ?

Georgesgirl1
10-24-2011, 09:55 PM
My name is on my parents' DVC deed, but DH's is not. I know I can get the AP discount as could our boys, but can my DH get it also?

VWL Mom
10-25-2011, 06:25 AM
If your name is on the deed (and not just as a beneficiary) DH should have no problem. We had our deeds split and put one boy on each so down the road they would be able to get APs for themselves and their families (yikes).

DizneyRox
10-25-2011, 06:38 AM
I'm thinking the address is going to be the deciding factor. I'm not sure how they handle multiple addresses of members and who's eligible. A call to Member Services is in order.

We added my parents to our deed so they could leverage any discounts. I'm not sure if those translate to anyone living in their house though.

Georgesgirl1
10-25-2011, 09:03 PM
I called Member Services this afternoon and you are right, the address is what determines the AP discount. As long as someone has the same address as me, they can get the AP discount.
Thanks for the help!

DizneyRox
10-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Technically, it's immediate family, not just anyone with the same address. They do check address though when they grab everyones I'd at the time of issuance.