PDA

View Full Version : What Puts You in the Mood for Disney World?

EJS-Houston
10-24-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm normally not one to dote on commercials...but whenever I'm anticipating a DisneyWorld vacation, I always have to call up online and watch that commercial that aired I think about ten years ago but it perfectly expresses how I feel about an impending Disney World vacation. It's the one with the too-cute-for-words little kid who says "I'm too excited to sleep!"

Disney World makes me experience all over again that excitement I felt as a kid, and I was just wondering what makes other Intercot-ers feel that way when they're anticipating their next Disney World vacation.

emerzmom
10-24-2011, 10:59 AM
I love that "I'm too excited to sleep" commercial! One of my all time favorites! I think it sums up how I feel every "WDW trip Eve".
:mickey:
Julie

Disney Doll
10-24-2011, 12:56 PM
I loved that commercial!

c&d
10-24-2011, 01:54 PM
The new commercial featuring One Republic.

sommer
10-24-2011, 02:31 PM
I remember that commercial too!

I also like to come on here and read all the tips/questions/trip reports/etc., look at pictures from previous trips and plan my next vacation! I definitely get the childish feeling again when anticipating a vacation - that's why I want to keep going back!

Gator
10-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Everything puts me in the mood! I may smell BBQ from a place like Elephant Bar and "need" to go to AK and hit the Flame Tree BBQ. I may smell a humid air contioning unit from a business and desire to go to Space Mountain. On a cool, cloud day, I'll want to be walking down Main Street USA on an early January morning. If I smell gingerbread cookies, I get a craving to go to the Grand Floridian in December to see the GB House and then go to 1900 Park Faire. I could go on and on. And I might be back when something else today makes me feel like going to WDW.

azcavalier
10-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Getting up on Sunday morning and putting on Live365 to one of the WDW park music channels while making breakfast.

Spacegirl
10-24-2011, 06:33 PM
In the summer when you go inside and feel that rush of air conditioning.........that reminds me of Disney too.

Mogie
10-25-2011, 12:30 PM
waking in the morning somewhere besides Disney puts me in the mood.

kemps@wdw
10-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Breathing! :D

TheVBs
10-28-2011, 08:10 AM
We usually go either in the spring or fall and both those times of year get me thinking about WDW. Anytime we're taking a long drive to some place fun or go on a road trip. And, especially, anytime I feel overwhelmed with real life.

EJS-Houston
10-28-2011, 10:54 AM
We usually go either in the spring or fall and both those times of year get me thinking about WDW. Anytime we're taking a long drive to some place fun or go on a road trip. And, especially, anytime I feel overwhelmed with real life.

Boy Howdy, VBs!!! This August through October has been truly brutal for me at work...but the dangling carrot of a WDW vacation has really carried me through it. I'm only 4 days away. Thanks to everyone who posted here for sharing your inspirations, and helping me get even more excited about returning to WDW!

brivers222
10-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Getting an email saying, "Start Packing!!! You're paid in full!!!"

Rock on!

42 more days!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Getting up on Sunday morning and putting on Live365 to one of the WDW park music channels while making breakfast.

this is my DH! Except it's usually a Saturday morning.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-28-2011, 03:47 PM
I have to add my own:

1. In the summer on a hazy morning, sitting on my front porch sipping coffee... listening to birds churp and "watching the dew dry". Like sitting on the balcony of our resort...

2. When we go on any road trip longer than an hour....

3. When I take out the next holiday's decor... we usually have a disney themed "something" to put out.

4. The smell of popcorn at the movies reminds me of walking down mainstreet around the hub towards the castle and passing the popcorn cart on the right.

5. When we make or buy chocolate frozen bananas.

6. A fresh batch of rice krispy treats.

7. Whenever I hear my cellphone ring... I have African drum beats and it sounds like AKL in my purse or pocket :D

8. Whenever I see my car and look at the Mickey Moms Club car magnet.

9. At the beginning of any disney movie we see and the newer 3D view of Cinderella's castle logo comes on. We usually fight to say 'WE WERE THERE' first.

10. When my kids say out of no where, I wish we lived at DisneyWorld.

11. And scrapbooking our vacations. That usually helps with the Disney depression during the throws of winter in Michigan.

TheVBs
10-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Boy Howdy, VBs!!! This August through October has been truly brutal for me at work...but the dangling carrot of a WDW vacation has really carried me through it. I'm only 4 days away. Thanks to everyone who posted here for sharing your inspirations, and helping me get even more excited about returning to WDW!

DH had a really stressful summer at work this year, he could definitely relate! We were so grateful to have that trip to look forward to. So glad you'll be there in just a few days! :mickey:

TheVBs
10-29-2011, 08:42 AM
I have to add my own:

10. When my kids say out of no where, I wish we lived at DisneyWorld.

11. And scrapbooking our vacations. That usually helps with the Disney depression during the throws of winter in Michigan.

I can definitely relate to these two! The girls have been talking about the trip so much since we got back. And we're in Michigan too. I like to get out our our photo albums and scrapbooks of past trips when the weather is miserable here.

ryca1dreams
10-29-2011, 09:53 AM

Same here. I love listening to the park music whenever I can.

WDWgoofy
10-29-2011, 02:13 PM
waking in the morning somewhere besides Disney puts me in the mood.

That was exactly what I thought when I read the topic.:mickey:

hoop de do
10-29-2011, 02:15 PM
The snow that's coming down here now.

garymacd
10-29-2011, 06:22 PM
The "He bought me a shoe!" commercial does it for me.

Just an old sappy romantic.

jillluvsdisney
10-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Seeing The Lion King 3D a few weeks ago really psyched me up for our trip at AKL. Every time I saw Simba, I thought of the lace curtains in the rooms. Seeing the 40th anniversary footage also psyched me up as well.

Main Street Jim
10-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Watching Illuminations *live* online from the Downtown Disney resort Web cam :)

Listening to all of the nighttime "shows" (parades and fireworks) online on Live365 :mickey:

Seeing my cool nametags from my years as a Cast Member...*almost* made it to that coveted 10-year mark...

My *really* cool Space Mountain silhouette decal on my truck my buddy made for us back when we worked at the Mountain...

Remembering our honeymoon trip to DLP...

Tigerinvestigator
10-29-2011, 10:23 PM
What puts me in the mood? Like others have said, I love the park sounds and music on Live 365 everyday, I also get that disney feeling when I walk into an airconditioned room, the smell of pepper plants that you smell in Adventureland and the Great Ceremonial House at the Poly, the smell of diesel engines which smell like the busses.......oh who am I kidding EVERYTHING puts me in the mood for Disney!:thumbsup:

CosmicRay
10-30-2011, 01:46 AM
All year long, I listen to Disney music. Even our little ones have Disney park BGM playing at night. Right now I have the Christmas music from WL playing. We leave in four days and I get a smile every time I hear it through the monitors!

Also, 15 years ago, I bought a special hand lotion from Bath and Body Works. I used it only at WDW the first few years. I was doing what Susan did in Parent Trap "making a memory" now when I put that lotion on, it always puts me in the Disney mood!

We normally go in November and December - On sunny crisp mornings that turn into beautiful cool afternoons. DH and I say "it's a Disney Day!"

I find places from time to time that smell like the Land ride.

The list goes on and on, but those are the main ones.

MrPeetrie
10-30-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm normally not one to dote on commercials...but whenever I'm anticipating a DisneyWorld vacation, I always have to call up online and watch that commercial that aired I think about ten years ago but it perfectly expresses how I feel about an impending Disney World vacation. It's the one with the too-cute-for-words little kid who says "I'm too excited to sleep!"

EJS-Houston, the night before departure, we stayed at a hotel near the airport (at the recommendation of someone from this site). My wife and 19-month-old slept in one bed. DD8 and I in another. We had to re-enact that very same commercial before we went to sleep. It's our favorite, too!!!!!

gokatgo
10-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Reading trip reports on Intercot!

RAIDER
10-31-2011, 08:26 AM
Booking where were going to stay and booking the flight .Then planning what restaurants were going to eat :thumbsup:

Mousemates
10-31-2011, 12:09 PM
A long day at work.

wdwfamilyof4
11-01-2011, 03:36 PM
I only get in the mood to go to WDW on days that end in y. :mickey:;)

ransam
11-02-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm always in the mood for Disney. but it gets bigger when i hear a disney song, or see a commercial, or someone else comes back w/ a trip report.

micky95
11-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Breathing! :D

nice to see i'm not the only one:thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
11-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Payday.:wave:

Suz36
11-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Everything! Sights, sounds, smells - you name it. I drive my family crazy with all the things that can remind me of Disney. We've started a game where they try to think of the most obscure thing, and I have to find a way to relate it to Disney. I win every time!

Zawadi
11-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Today, two events occurred that put us well and truly in the mood for our December trip to WDW.

Firstly, the triple BluRay box set for the Lion King arrived in the post.

Secondly, we've just got home from watching Disney on Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy.