PDA

View Full Version : THings I have never done at WDW and WONT ever do!!

Katzateer
10-24-2011, 09:33 AM
There are so many rides I will NEVER go on- I do not like roller coasters or any rides that make you feel like you are on one. Spinning rides don't bother me.

Anyone else go often to the parks and as chicken as I Am? My husband won't ride them either.

Tygger7
10-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Only one ride I can't (and won't) do: Tower of Terror. I'm terrified of falling and was ruined by "Demon Drop" at Cedar Point when I was 15. But, that's why I love WDW so much...ToT is the only ride I won't ride, whereas if we go to Cedar Point, there isn't one ride I will go on.

(And even though I'm a huge chicken when it comes to rides, I LOVE EE! It was better when the yeti was working, but I still really enjoy the ride.)

SBETigg
10-24-2011, 10:10 AM
I love the thrill rides, hate spin rides but will try everything once. I actually don't mind Mission: Space. I've never done some of the less exciting things at WDW, like headed over to Tom Sawyer Island when I could be riding Big Thunder Mountain again, but I never say never. I would love to experience as much as possible.

c&d
10-24-2011, 10:19 AM
The American Idol experience. Never had any interest in it.

buzznwoodysmom
10-24-2011, 10:22 AM
I will never ride Summit Plummit at Blizzard Beach. I will ride any thrill ride, any water ride, except a really steep dropping water ride, like Summit Plummit.

Other than that I don't think there is anything I haven't done yet that I'm not willing to do one day. There's still lots of stuff outside the parks that I haven't done and I'd love to be able to do it all one day.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
10-24-2011, 10:27 AM
GIANT :chicken: here - so I don't ride the roller coasters or TOT.

Auntie B
10-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Mission Space is something I am terrified of. I always say "maybe next time"!

KORRIELESLIE
10-24-2011, 10:41 AM
There isn't anything at any of the Disney parks I would not do. But the Sunwheel at Disney's California Adventure park is quite a surprise the first time you step on it.:blush:

EeyoresBestFriend
10-24-2011, 11:28 AM

Ditto! :sick:

Waiting for it to be replaced with something better . . . . . ;)

JasonH
10-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Won't do the American Idol Experience either. A waste of my own personal time at WDW imo that's better used elsewhere...like seeing Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular and trying to be one of the "extras". :D

Disney Hungarian
10-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Does it have to be a ride or experience? My answer to the question is:
I will never buy a Duffy.

BrerGnat
10-24-2011, 12:54 PM
I will never eat at a Character Buffet. DH and I are not fans of buffets in general, and paying for character interaction in particular.

As for rides, I'm pretty sure I've done them all. There's nothing at WDW that I won't go on.

sonamae80
10-24-2011, 02:44 PM
I will never ride Summit Plummit at Blizzard Beach. I will ride any thrill ride, any water ride, except a really steep dropping water ride, like Summit Plummit.

Oh yeah! Same here! But, I won't ride it, not for being chicken, but because of the permanent wedgie I get afterwards! YEEOUCH! ;)

darthmacho
10-24-2011, 02:58 PM

Agreed. No interest whatsoever. Also, the Dino Dig looks like the biggest parent trap ever. I also refuse to play the Dinoland Carnival games.

I also don't think I'll ever do Mission Space: Orange, but by the terms of this question it doesn't really count because I did do it once. Green for me from now on!

Gator
10-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Another one for American Idol. Never have, and no plans to ever hit it. I'd rather watch Indy all day long and do nothing else than hit AI. And I'll probably never eat the Nine Dragons in Epcot. I've seen enough reviews to keep me from ever darkening those doors.

joonyer
10-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Several years I got "talked into" riding Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point by my young tennage sons, mainly because I didn't want to hear them tell everyone else I was a "chicken".

Well, I survived it (WOW), :woohoo::eek::jaw::dizzy: scared the you know what out of me the first time (yes I rode it more than once). But now every attraction at WDW seems like a very tame kiddie ride by comparison. But I still love the magic of Disney though. But I'm no longer apprehensive about trying anything there. It's all relative.

Tink#64
10-24-2011, 11:41 PM
Does it have to be a ride or experience? My answer to the question is:

:ditto: :shake: Good one!

I will also never ride Astro Orbiters! :ack:

HackLaSalle
10-25-2011, 09:35 AM
I wil never ride its a small world. Those dolls are terrifying

garymacd
10-25-2011, 10:57 AM
We have never been in the Hall of Presidents.

I also can't be bothered with American Idol. I've never seen the show, so I don't intend on watching it live.

TexasPrincessAurora
10-25-2011, 12:11 PM
There isn't anything at any of the Disney parks I would not do. But the Sunwheel at Disney's California Adventure park is quite a surprise the first time you step on it.:blush:

I am literally a thrill ride junkie and will ride anything...but the Sunwheel at California Adventure is one I rode once and never will again.

BrerGnat
10-25-2011, 12:15 PM
I am literally a thrill ride junkie and will ride anything...but the Sunwheel at California Adventure is one I rode once and never will again.

I hereby take away your "thrill ride junkie" badge. ;)

I love the Sunwheel! My 5 year old son can't get enough of it either, but he's too chicken to ride anything more intense than Gadget's Go Coaster in Disneyland. :D

I actually think the Sunwheel requires a lot of guts, so kudos to you for doing it. :thumbsup:

Mogie
10-25-2011, 12:20 PM
On my first trip back after I was 7 years old (21 years later) I made a giant list of all the attractions and highlighted the "Must Do's" and the "If we have time" and the "SKIPs". All those skips i thought were too childish or lame. But of course once I get there, I go on every single one of the "SKIPS" and loved them all.

I don't think I would go on Imagination again until they remake or make something else. My other vote was Prince Caspain, but Disney did us a favor and removed that too.

Dyanna
10-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Rockin Rollercoaster, Tom Sawyer Island, Expedition Everest, Astro Orbiter & American Idol

Wall-e
10-25-2011, 01:00 PM
I will never go on Mission Space or the Tea Cups! My kids have always wanted to go on the Tea Cups but dh and I just couldn't bring ourselves to do it. On our last trip, Dh caved and took them. Pretty sad that they were 9 and 6 before they ever got to ride them! They loved it and dh said it wasn't as bad as he expected.

Katzateer
10-25-2011, 02:19 PM
I will never go on Mission Space or the Tea Cups! My kids have always wanted to go on the Tea Cups but dh and I just couldn't bring ourselves to do it. On our last trip, Dh caved and took them. Pretty sad that they were 9 and 6 before they ever got to ride them! They loved it and dh said it wasn't as bad as he expected.

Your post made me smile because just 2 years ago our youngest finally went on a thrill ride after 16+ times going to WDW. No one in our family would go with her. She had gone to Kings Island with friends and rode all the coasters. So next WDW vacation she got in line for Space Mountain alone and hasn't looked back. I think she has been on every ride at WDW now.

ILoveMickey'77
10-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Misson Space and Primevil Whirl :ill:

I've done them, just don't like them. TOO. MUCH. SPINNING.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Big chicken here...I have not and will not go on Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Expedition Everest or Mission Space.

TexasPrincessAurora
10-26-2011, 11:11 AM
I hereby take away your "thrill ride junkie" badge. ;)

I love the Sunwheel! My 5 year old son can't get enough of it either, but he's too chicken to ride anything more intense than Gadget's Go Coaster in Disneyland. :D

I actually think the Sunwheel requires a lot of guts, so kudos to you for doing it. :thumbsup:

At the time we rode is DS was 3. He is definitely NOT a thrill a ride person, so I had to put on this brave, smiling face while on the Sunwheel...But I hated every minute. No more swinging cars for me!

MrPeetrie
10-26-2011, 11:14 AM
My answer to the question is:

Same here!!!!!

Belle1984
10-26-2011, 12:53 PM

thought I was going to die on this ride at California Adventure and I love most thrill rides.. Only things I've never done and will probably never do is also summit plummet at Blizzard Beach. Too scary:(:mickey:

MrPeetrie
10-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Regarding Duffy, a Cast Member overheard me in Epcot saying to my daughter, "I'm anti-Duffy. We will NEVER buy one." The CM came over to us and said many, many guests are anti-Duffy and have proclaimed the same sentiments. Duffy clearly breeds contempt.

In my opinion, he is clearly a manufactured attempt to grab more money. He's not a character in a movie. He doesn't have (or didn't have) a role in a Disney Channel series. He's not a cartoon character from the past. He's a completely made-up character, with a manufactured storyline designed to extract more money from guests. That's it. I will NEVER BUY A DUFFY!!!!! I hope Disney is listening.

joonyer
10-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Regarding Duffy, a Cast Member overheard me in Epcot saying to my daughter, "I'm anti-Duffy. We will NEVER buy one." The CM came over to us and said many, many guests are anti-Duffy and have proclaimed the same sentiments. Duffy clearly breeds contempt.

In my opinion, he is clearly a manufactured attempt to grab more money. He's not a character in a movie. He doesn't have (or didn't have) a role in a Disney Channel series. He's not a cartoon character from the past. He's a completely made-up character, with a manufactured storyline designed to extract more money from guests. That's it. I will NEVER BUY A DUFFY!!!!! I hope Disney is listening.

You vote with your pocketbook/wallet will be heard loud and clear. If they don't sell, they will disappear. Meanwhile, the people that buy them will be acquiring future collectibles.

DNS
10-26-2011, 01:14 PM
I will never ride Mission Space. And this probably sounds corny, but I will never ride Space Mountain. I am a scardy myself, but force myself to go on many of them and they almost always turn out to be a blast. Riding the TTA, I have seen them loading Space Mountain and it just looks like too much outside the seat. It looks like the seat just covers your legs and that's it. I just couldn't do it. I have either done everything else or will if/when I can get someone to ride with me. :D

And I have no interest in American Idol either.

MrPeetrie
10-26-2011, 01:24 PM
DNS, you are missing a really good ride. The Green Team version is not very intense. But the immersion and visual effects are fantastic. My DD8 rode it and said it is just fun. You should try it once. Take if off your "Never" list.

DNS
10-26-2011, 01:30 PM
I will keep that in mind, MrPeetrie. I often work up more nerve once I get there. Maybe I will try that version after all. Thanks!

MrPeetrie
10-26-2011, 01:33 PM
DNS, it truly is visually stunning.

Disney4
10-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Agreed on American Idol - not my thing.

I have to add that I will NEVER EVER set foot in any reincarnation of a Narnia stage.

The first one was marginal from an entertainment experience, but the Prince Caspian Narnia experience is a total waste of time. . .

Ms. Mode
10-27-2011, 09:18 AM

Ditto! :mickey:

ryca1dreams
10-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Turkey leg

gokatgo
10-27-2011, 12:58 PM
In our family, we refer to the Sunwheel as "The Flaming Ferris Wheel of Death". My kids and DH love it - I had a full blown panic attack on it - I sat on the floor of the car and cried like a baby - and that was in a non-swinging car!! But I guess the other cars swinging by freaked me out. Anyway, never again! I have been on everything else at WDW and DL and love it all! Fun question!!

Goes4FastPass
10-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Those plastic Mickey things whatever they're called. all the same size and shape just different color schemes.

And I'll never pay money to play a video game when I have a game system and a great TV at home. What I don't have at home is Expedition Everest so you go on the arcade, I'll ride EE again.

kemps@wdw
10-27-2011, 09:33 PM
TOT...I won't do, not because of fear, but because it's like a 10 on my puke-o-meter scale! :ack:

CAS
10-28-2011, 03:28 AM
I am intrigued. Someone needs to explain the Sun Wheel thing and why a ferris wheel is intense.

I won't do anything that spins or makes one dizzy, however I will do all other crazy life threatening rides. I guess I've never said no to a ride before...will I say no to the wheel?

luvdiznee
10-28-2011, 06:28 AM
In all my vists to WDW, never did and never will: Mission Space, Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster and the Tea Cups. :ill:

Barely survived Kali River :secret:would like to give Expedition Everest and Big Thunder Mountain a go go. Though as time goes on, I wonder what my chances are.

Duff=Build a Bear. Won't fall into that trap. But will cherish our picture. :thumbsup:

Ferris Wheel @ DL, the height of it is too scary for me. :ill:

TheVBs
10-28-2011, 08:08 AM
I try to not to use the word never - but.. I get really motion sick and I don't see myself ever getting on Mission Space or the new Star Tours. Made the mistake of getting on the old Star Tours years ago and :sick:. I've done ToT, RnRC and EE each ONCE. Don't ever see myself doing those again. I have no interest in the American Idol show and don't see myself getting on Triceratops Spin, but I would do that if the girls wanted to.

luvdiznee
10-28-2011, 08:19 AM
Star Tours was a mistake for me. :sick:

TexasPrincessAurora
10-28-2011, 09:45 AM
I am intrigued. Someone needs to explain the Sun Wheel thing and why a ferris wheel is intense.

I won't do anything that spins or makes one dizzy, however I will do all other crazy life threatening rides. I guess I've never said no to a ride before...will I say no to the wheel?

My goodness, it has these cars that swing and slide along tracks inside the wheel. And when I say swing I mean continuously and to the point one second you see all ground and the next all sky. It just felt completely out of control somehow.

gokatgo
10-28-2011, 12:18 PM
For anyone wondering about the Sun Wheel, there are some videos on you tube. Here is one, not sure if I"m allowed to post videos from others on here. One of the things that I thought made it extra scary was that there was nothing to hold onto. If it had some kind of handle thing in the middle that might help. I am getting all worked up just thinking about it! Thanks for the fun post.

Also, I am new in posting on here. How do you guys all get the list of where you stayed on the bottom of your posts? I'd like to do that.

Thanks! gokatgo

joonyer
10-28-2011, 03:10 PM
. . . Also, I am new in posting on here. How do you guys all get the list of where you stayed on the bottom of your posts? I'd like to do that.

Thanks! gokatgo

1) Click on the "User CP" (control panel) link at at top of this (or other) page in the forums
2) Then Click on "Edit Signature".

There is a limit to the number of characters you can use in you signature, so you may have to use some abbreviations, etc.

LudwigVonDrake
10-28-2011, 08:07 PM
I probably will never go over to Tom Sawyer Island.

WDWgoofy
10-28-2011, 08:43 PM
I can't see ever doing...

American Idol
Playhouse Disney
Sounds show at DHS
Hub and Spoke Rides (Aladdin, et al)

elmjimmlm
10-28-2011, 11:19 PM
RnRC

elephant rider
10-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Nothing.

I would try or have tried everything at least once. Now there are things I have done and feel no need to repeat.
At the top of that list - Soarin'.
Or as we call it - Borin'.
Never been more disappointed in an attraction than after the first time we finally got to ride it. What a let down compared to the hype. :confused:

Mousemates
10-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Have done the Sunwheel and all the others...but we passed on the idol experience even when we learned a local kid was there...that kind of thing really doesn't interest us at all.

SandmanGStefani24
10-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Glad to see a play on my post! Guess it was a decent one! :number1: I was due...lol

Here are the things I'm out on...

1. Stitch. Not a fan, and haven't heard anything good about it.

2. American Idol. NO. :D

3. Eating a turkey leg. Nothing about gnawing on a flintstone sized hunk of meat while walking around the parks on a hot day is appealing to me.

4. Use a plan or schedule. I wing it every time and it works beautifully!

RAIDER
10-31-2011, 08:24 AM
Space Mountain ..no way :ack:

kurt
10-31-2011, 09:33 AM
mission space. i still remember the stories from the opening before it was changed.:goofy:

kurt
10-31-2011, 09:41 AM
oh i forgot to mention the teacups & the dinosaur roller coaster that spins as some more i will never ride. i had a bad experience on a similar ride as a child never again.:goofy:

CAS
11-01-2011, 02:27 AM
mission space. i still remember the stories from the opening before it was changed.:goofy:

I did it when it opened to see if the fuss was warranted but count me out for a rematch. Cool but not worth the dizz n queas.

Brian McFan
11-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Mission Space is something I am terrified of. I always say "maybe next time"!

Darn, I loved this.. Except for the "G" forces in the beginning, there's nothing to be afraid of. Do your self a favor and ride it. Im talking about the ORANGE. There is NOTHING to be alarmed of riding the GREEN.

PopPhan
11-01-2011, 08:47 AM
For those who said Mission Space because of the nauseous feeling that the spinning can give you....You DO know that there is a second line that has NO SPINNING!!! I believe that this is the "Green Team" line (which I thought peculiar, since I would equate "GREEN" to the feeling those of you with spinning problems get from the 'full blown' version of the ride.)

Personally, I would, and will, probably continue to give Astro Orbiter a pass. I have issues with heights and vertigo and just do not have a good feeling about being up that high. Most of the other rides that lift you up in the air - Dumbo, Aladdin, etc. are still low enough to the ground to not affect me too severely.

The first time on Splash Mountain was almost too much for me, but when I saw the Briar Patch on the 'big drop,' that broke up the view and now I can do that without a problem. Same idea with the curve on the big drop on EE - it's not a straight drop, so it is much more manageable for me.

Just call me strange!! LOL I can handle it!

Dsnygirl
11-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Not many, but a few --

MK - Astro Orbiter & Tea Cups - too "spinning'ish" :blush:
AK - Primeval Whirl - too many accidents!
Ep - Mission Space - too many horror stories...
DHS - American Idol - just plain boring to us ;)

mdricks
11-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Sounds dangerous.

Never have never will. (With special thanks to my friends at intercot for saving 15 minutes of my life)

Davyjones
11-02-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm with everyone who says the Sunwheel at DCA, at least if you choose a swinging one. My wife and went on there during our honeymoon and we both thought we were going to DIE!!! ;) That is definitely the most uncomfortable I've EVER felt riding any ride. I'd ride the Sunwheel again, but only if the carriage is stationary, not on a track.

And I cast another vote for the American Idol thing. Never going to happen.

mymickeymouse
11-02-2011, 11:40 PM
$&@;/-($&@)!!!! I would even ride it's a small world if I could be there right now!!! Next summer is so far away!!!:D

LauraByTheSea
11-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Tower of Terror and Mission Space: Orange. Never ever ever.