PDA

View Full Version : Episode 24 - Meet Me At Garys Column

John
10-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Birthday Stuff. Happy Birthday INTERCOT Insider - One Year Old. Happy Birthday INTERCOT - We’re 14! Duffy has been at the park one year.

The passing of Steve Jobs. His tie in to Disney and Pixar. Was he this generations Walt Disney? What happens down the road with Apple? Will there be a what would Steve do effect? John recommends you look up John Taylors book - Storming of the Magic Kingdom.

Rober Iger stepping down… 4 years from now. What will be his legacy?

Unplug and Plug - we finally get it right.

We ponder the career of Willow Bay.

Big Thunder Mountain long rehab Jan 9 thru May 27. Dumbo goes down Jan 9 thru Feb 17. Park hours are out thru April 2012.

INTERCOTs best of - Place to people watch. Carol hangs at World Showcase on a bench in Epcot. Gary looses everyone and wants folks to meet him at the Road Furniture in Epcot’s UK - otherwise known as Gary’s Column. Show 25, Ian may need to host. Ian sits by the fountain in Innoventions Plaza. Melanie people watches at Hollywood Studios outside Sweet Spells. Gary swears he saw Kenny Rogers there and chaos ensues. John heads to the Kona Cafe sushi bar.

Animal Kingdom Lodge - John is set to stay there and asks the staff their opinion and whether it’s too far away from everything. We ponder why they didn’t put in some sort of boat transportation to Animal Kingdom - missed opportunity.

New FREE Android App for the Podcast. Why no Apple app? iTunes provides a great way to subscribe unlike Android which didn’t provoide a great way to subscribe. Search INTERCOT Insider in the marketplace or go to: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.podbeanapp297790 - Please rate us if you get a chance.

John’s trip to California and Disneyland - so he hung with NotaGeek.

Duffy Storybook debuts. We ponder if it’s rehashed Duffy.

Dooney & Bourke new items arriving at Disney Parks. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/10/new-dooney-bourke-comic-collection-arrives-at-disney-parks-in-october/

>> Download, Listen, Love... (http://intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2011/episode-24.asp)

Melanie
10-24-2011, 06:07 AM
Looked for the new Dooney's the other day when I was at Downtown Disney, but no luck. Maybe they'll be at the parks this week and I'll look then.

dpamac
10-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Gary: The Human Podcast Titanic. If there's a topic that will take us down a rathole he'll hit it like an iceberg.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Looked for the new Dooney's the other day when I was at Downtown Disney, but no luck. Maybe they'll be at the parks this week and I'll look then.

I'm totally not into bags AT ALL, but I have a strange craving desire for these .... geesh!

Can't wait to listen to the episode, time to synch my iPOD again :)

dpamac
10-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Dooney & Bourke just sounds like a British comedy duo to me.

SBETigg
10-24-2011, 10:13 AM
That's so funny that you ponder the career of Willow Bay. I always think of her when I think of Iger and wonder about her career. Also, agreed on AK transportation options. Maybe a train? Something? I'm headed off to listen. Can't wait to hear this.

AgentC
10-24-2011, 12:36 PM
I am listening right now and kind of scared that I knew exactly where Gary meant when he was describing his column. :)

dpamac
10-24-2011, 12:47 PM
I am listening right now and kind of scared that I knew exactly where Gary meant when he was describing his column. :)

Not scared. You're awesome.

Talked to a friend from England and he said it's made to look like war memorials they have in towns across England. They were built after WWI and inscribed with names of villagers lost in battle.They were inscribed again after WWII.

AgentC
10-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Not scared. You're awesome.
Thanks. I think spent too much time playing Kim Possible in the UK! Somehow I always end up at Gary's Column. :mickey:

Talked to a friend from England and he said it's made to look like war memorials they have in towns across England. They were built after WWI and inscribed with names of villagers lost in battle.They were inscribed again after WWII.
That is very cool. I always wondered why it was there.

I'm totally not into bags AT ALL, but I have a strange craving desire for these .... geesh!

Me too. I am such a bargain purse girl, but I find myself really want a D&B. I almost bought the bow pattern, but want to see this one first.

Another great podcast. The chemistry is just great. I am always sad when it is over.

I'm curious. John- How did you end up feeling about AKL? Did the long walk to the lobby stay annoying?

And lastly on Duffy. Yes, I bought the book. And yes it is mainly a retread, but my kids love it. The question now is how many more Duffy outfits will they want this week. At least they are cheaper than Lego sets!

John
10-24-2011, 04:22 PM
LOL Cindy - I'm sure we'll cover my trip on the next Insider ;)

AgentC
10-24-2011, 04:39 PM
LOL Cindy - I'm sure we'll cover my trip on the next Insider ;)

You are such a tease. And a brilliant marketer. I'll definitely be waiting :silly:

Melanie
10-24-2011, 06:15 PM

Cindy, be scared. Be very scared. ;)

Seriously though, it was such an A-HA moment when I figured out what Gary was talking about.

Fangorn
10-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Yet another great podcast!

Two things:

1) I've tied to listen to other Disney-related podcasts but they were so boring I couldn't get through more than a few minutes before I gave up. The fun and laughter y'all bring to the table is great. I particularly enjoy the occasional (make that frequent) rabbit holes you go down. Keep up the great work.

2) As far as Ian's comments about the "Nightmare Before Christmas" - I have to agree completely. I too, hate it. I love the idea of an overlay, and changing things up now and then, but why use that?

Thanks for letting me spend 90 minutes with y'all. Now back to waiting for the next episode.

Steve

dpamac
10-25-2011, 08:42 AM
I found the column on Google Earth. It is very clearly there right in the middle of everything. Road furniture.

Ian
10-25-2011, 09:02 AM
2) As far as Ian's comments about the "Nightmare Before Christmas" - I have to agree completely. I too, hate it. I love the idea of an overlay, and changing things up now and then, but why use that? I knew I liked you for a reason. :D

I found the column on Google Earth. It is very clearly there right in the middle of everything. Road furniture.How sad it is that I did the same thing, Gary? We're such nerds.

dpamac
10-25-2011, 10:51 AM
How sad it is that I did the same thing, Gary? We're such nerds.

I just posted a screencapture video of it on INTERCOT's Facebook page.

BrerGnat
10-25-2011, 11:14 AM
I just posted a screencapture video of it on INTERCOT's Facebook page.

You should post more of these...like once a day. VERY cool! :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
10-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Just finished listening to the podcast. Great fun as always! Loved hearing about your favorite people watching spots.

Just one thing:

-Ian is right about Disneyland also being known as the Magic Kingdom. It was Disneyland's nickname way before the Florida park was ever conceived. So, technically, he was right. The DL railroad even mentions the phrase "Magic Kingdom"

dpamac
10-25-2011, 11:44 AM
-Ian is right about Disneyland also being known as the Magic Kingdom. It was Disneyland's nickname way before the Florida park was ever conceived. So, technically, he was right. The DL railroad even mentions the phrase "Magic Kingdom"

Natalie, we've talked about this. We don't tell Ian he was right about something because then he never stops talking about the time we told him he was wrong and he was right. There are hundreds of topics on the boards that support this.

Septbride2002
10-25-2011, 12:18 PM
I can't wait to hear Ian host episode 25! :thedolls:

The moaning and groaning over the Phillies loss was sufficent :)

Laughed so hard at you guys making fun of Gary's column. I will have to do a google earth search for that later.

I laughed a lot during this episode and considering I listen while working out on an ellipitical machine - it makes things difficult.

BrerGnat
10-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Natalie, we've talked about this. We don't tell Ian he was right about something because then he never stops talking about the time we told him he was wrong and he was right. There are hundreds of topics on the boards that support this.

You know, I thought about that just as I posted that. However, I have to defend my Disneyland. It is the ORIGINAL Magic Kingdom.

So, I guess, rather than say Ian was right, I can say the rest of the crew was wrong. Is that better? :blush:

Disney Doll
10-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Seriously though, it was such an A-HA moment when I figured out what Gary was talking about.

Me too! For some reason I originally pictured it as a tower he would climb for a better people watching perspective. I could not figure out how I had missed a huge tower all these years.

The people watching in Disney is always a favorite pass time. We specifically like to spot the people with ridiculous theme park footware or poorly done Disney tattoos. :secret:

dpamac
10-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Here's the fly through (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2363825247669) in Google to find the column. Seriously, it's right in the middle of everything.

wildernesslady
10-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Gary, thanks for the fly to. I was completely lost before that.

Thanks for another great podcast. I always enjoy the different tangents that are discussed.

bleukarma
10-25-2011, 05:37 PM
It shows you how unobservant I am when I had no clue what Gary's column is. I wonder how many times I have walked passed it?

Great podcast! I love how you guys get off topic! This one got so far away, but it kept me laughing, especially when you started singing The Gambler. I'm going to have that song in my head for the rest of the night though.

Ian
10-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Just one thing:

-Ian is right about Disneyland also being known as the Magic Kingdom. It was Disneyland's nickname way before the Florida park was ever conceived. So, technically, he was right. The DL railroad even mentions the phrase "Magic Kingdom"Thank you, Nat! I have to say, the fact that all these so called Disneyland "experts" didn't know that should drive home for everyone what you probably already know ... I'm the real source of all the valuable information on this podcast. ;)

wdwluv
10-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Way too much sports talk! I would like my money back on this podcast please! ;)

When's the Gary's column meet up? I will be there in November, (I've heard Ian say he will be there in November) Can a listener/fan come? Oooooo, will the great stroller race be in November too? :D

dpamac
10-26-2011, 02:05 PM
I'll actually be at my column on Friday eating some chips and drinking a beer.

dpamac
10-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Carol and Mel made it to the column today! (http://twitter.com/#!/INTERCOT/status/129260318290485250/photo/1)

Clearly because of my spot on directions.

wdwluv
10-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Carol and Mel made it to the column today! (http://twitter.com/#!/INTERCOT/status/129260318290485250/photo/1)

Clearly because of my spot on directions.

LMBO Gary! You SO crack me up.

And an aside...I love your John Lasseter quote. I've thought about that many times, when deciding weather or not to fork out the dough, for a 3-D movie, versus the "old fashioned" version.

Septbride2002
10-26-2011, 05:01 PM
That is really more of a pillar...

dpamac
10-26-2011, 06:44 PM
That is really more of a pillar...

I thought we were friends...

dpamac
10-26-2011, 06:45 PM
LMBO Gary! You SO crack me up.

And an aside...I love your John Lasseter quote. I've thought about that many times, when deciding weather or not to fork out the dough, for a 3-D movie, versus the "old fashioned" version.

I love that quote too, obviously. To me it is the most Walt thing someone has said in years. I just hope people listen...3D movies give me a headache...

brownie
10-26-2011, 10:11 PM

Just got through looking this up in Dave Smith's Disney A to Z. Disneyland has been referred to as the Magic Kingdom since it opened in 1955. Here's the spiel from the Disneyland Railroad:

You're attention please. The Santa Fe and Disneyland passenger train, E.P. Ripley, now loading on track number 1 for a trip around Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom. All aboard.

Septbride2002
10-26-2011, 10:18 PM
I thought we were friends...

:hug:
~Amanda

brownie
10-26-2011, 10:40 PM

It took some searching but I have an answer. Take a closer look at the top of it. It's actually a sun dial. You can't see it in the Twitter pic but there are numbers around the side facing you in the picture and the shadow marks the time.

The monument is marking the center of the town square, which would explain why it's in the middle of the road (would that make it a road clock and not road furniture?)

Melanie
10-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Thank you, Nat! I have to say, the fact that all these so called Disneyland "experts" didn't know that should drive home for everyone what you probably already know ... I'm the real source of all the valuable information on this podcast. ;)

:ack:

BrerGnat
10-27-2011, 08:09 AM
:ack:

He's just jealous that you get to go to Gary's Column whenever you want. ;)

lwith58
10-27-2011, 08:09 AM
Thanks for another excellent podcast, love it.

Maybe while Disney has BTMR down for nearly 5 months installing a fancy new interactive queue and weaving in Stinky Pete the Prospector they will fix some of the original elements such as the earthquake scene.

BrerGnat
10-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Maybe while Disney has BTMR down for nearly 5 months installing a fancy new interactive queue and weaving in Stinky Pete the Prospector they will fix some of the original elements such as the earthquake scene.

I might be wrong, but I think this scene has been disabled on purpose for the time being. In Disneyland Paris, there was recently an accident involving this scene. Apparently, some of the boulders broke loose and fell on riders, injuring people. I think while the investigation is underway, the earthquake scenes in the BTMRR have all been disabled as a precaution.

Ian
10-27-2011, 08:19 AM
He's just jealous that you get to go to Gary's Column whenever you want. ;)Okay, but seriously ... I literally just finished listening to this segment and they all were basically mocking me for calling it the Magic Kingdom! If I wasn't so darn tired I would have argued the point further, but it was just too late lol.

I'll be expecting my formal apology and coronation as the Grand All Seeing & All Knowing Disney Guru at the beginning of the next podcast. :D

Melanie
10-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Is it referred to as the Magic Kingdom in any park literature, etc (besides the train spiel?). Of course it was referred to by Walt as his 'magic kingdom'....not Magic Kingdom. That's my point.

Melanie
10-27-2011, 08:27 AM
I might be wrong, but I think this scene has been disabled on purpose for the time being. In Disneyland Paris, there was recently an accident involving this scene. Apparently, some of the boulders broke loose and fell on riders, injuring people. I think while the investigation is underway, the earthquake scenes in the BTMRR have all been disabled as a precaution.

Can never be too safe with BTMRR. Maybe that's just superstition on my part, but something about that particular ride that I'm glad they are being cautious.

lwith58
10-27-2011, 08:30 AM

Yes I remember reading about the DLP accident. I will say though the earthquake element on BTMR at WDW was down months prior to the DLP accident occurring. I do hope they can and will get this element up and running again.

Ian
10-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Is it referred to as the Magic Kingdom in any park literature, etc (besides the train spiel?). Of course it was referred to by Walt as his 'magic kingdom'....not Magic Kingdom. That's my point.Don't have any of my old park maps with me at the moment, but the Wikipedia page (which is maintained by Disney's PR agency) refers to it as the Magic Kingdom multiple times.

Trust me ... it's the original Magic Kingdom. ;)

BrerGnat
10-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Is it referred to as the Magic Kingdom in any park literature, etc (besides the train spiel?). Of course it was referred to by Walt as his 'magic kingdom'....not Magic Kingdom. That's my point.

Mel, it was technically an unofficial nickname. Although it was never an official thing, signage wise, it was used interchangeably with Disneyland in the years leading up to the construction of WDW.

My point was, calling Disneyland The Magic Kingdom is not wrong, nor has it ever been. That's all.

Melanie
10-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Mel, it was technically an unofficial nickname.

LOL!

I guess I need to go back and listen to what was said, because I honestly don't remember (although I don't like going back and listening :blush: ). But again, I think I was saying that Disneyland Park was never officially known as the Magic Kingdom, and is not known as that now. At least that's what I was thinking. ;)

ETA: But I guess I'm just plain wrong. But can't anyone see where I'm coming from? :razz:

John
10-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Okay, but seriously ... I literally just finished listening to this segment and they all were basically mocking me for calling it the Magic Kingdom! If I wasn't so darn tired I would have argued the point further, but it was just too late lol.

I'll be expecting my formal apology and coronation as the Grand All Seeing & All Knowing Disney Guru at the beginning of the next podcast. :D

You can thank yourself since you're running the podcast next time Mr. Delicate Flow doubter.

And until someone shows me a piece of official park literature that says "The Magic Kingdom" for Disneyland, I'm going with what I've been told and been corrected for *by hard core Disneland fans* - that it's Disneyland or in modern terms after CA was built Disneyland Park - and not The Magic Kingdom.

Ian
10-27-2011, 10:11 AM
I'm going to have to mea culpa on this one, I think. While it does appear to be unofficially referred to as the Magic Kingdom, the Disneyland website calls it Disneyland Park.

I would think that's the official name, so ergo I was wrong. I humbly submit to the humiliation and mocking that is sure to follow. :D

dpamac
10-27-2011, 10:25 AM
You can thank yourself since you're running the podcast next time Mr. Delicate Flow doubter.

And until someone shows me a piece of official park literature that says "The Magic Kingdom" for Disneyland, I'm going with what I've been told and been corrected for *by hard core Disneland fans* - that it's Disneyland or in modern terms after CA was built Disneyland Park - and not The Magic Kingdom.

Sorry (http://bp3.blogger.com/_3jV5FcVqpE8/SBfbBrrIIYI/AAAAAAAABdM/LsvddQ_VAB0/s1600-h/blue+key.jpg) John. Point goes to Ian, official GASBAG of the podcast. I got that acronym right? Great All Seeing Blah...

John
10-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Stupid internet!

Melanie
10-27-2011, 10:41 AM

Yeah that! ;)

An eh on the ticket/coupon. Still not officially called that.

dpamac
10-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Really? They were using it as a tagline on printed ephemera. In a huge font. Huge font! That totally counts in Ian's favor. And you know I hate conceding anything to Ian because he holds it over my head for the rest of my life. He'll be in a nursing home, dying in 50 years and I'll get a gasping phone call. "I (gasp) was (gasp) right (gasp) in 2011 (gasp). Sucker (gasp)."

Melanie
10-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Okay...I give. I'm sure they greeted guests back then (waaaaaaay back then) with "Welcome to Disneyland - Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!" :rolleyes:

I promise last comment from me on this. All I'm saying is that Disneyland Park has never officially been known as just the Magic Kingdom. That distinction goes to the park in Florida.

dpamac
10-27-2011, 11:34 AM
I promise last comment from me on this. All I'm saying is that Disneyland Park has never officially been known as just the Magic Kingdom. That distinction goes to the park in Florida.

Not even when posters advertising the Disneyland Hotel referred to it as such (http://www.hakes.com/product_images/14/79284/001_big.jpg)?

Greg Maddox is his legal name, but people refer to him as Mad Dog. Does that mean just because his mother didn't name him that then it doesn't count? :thedolls:

Melanie
10-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Not even when posters advertising the Disneyland Hotel referred to it as such (http://www.hakes.com/product_images/14/79284/001_big.jpg)?

Darn you Gary....I'm breaking my promise, just because this is fun! :D

Well technically, the Disneyland Hotel wasn't run by Disney at the point this poster was put out (I'm assuming), so it's not official. :thedolls:

dpamac
10-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Not even when it's referred to that way in a ticket brochure (http://www.matterhorn1959.com/blog1/ticketbroch46.jpg)? (I'll wear you down before I run out of Internet.)

dpamac
10-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Or how about the Library of Congress' catalog of copyright entries for 1962 that includes an entry for a book "Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom, Disneyland USA (http://books.google.com/books?id=8ychAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA1350&lpg=PA1350&dq=%22Walt+Disney's+Magic+Kingdom%22+1962&source=bl&ots=Qtf4ICyBdj&sig=IpmoEuYkgAZw-UQyXDyYzwdlAO4&hl=en&ei=EIGpTpvwBYWlsALf7MW-Dw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CEIQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=%22Walt%20Disney's%20Magic%20Kingdom%22%201962&f=false)"?

Melanie
10-27-2011, 12:08 PM
:fit:

:bolt:

dpamac
10-27-2011, 12:38 PM
What would you do if i told you I Photoshopped all of those?

Melanie
10-27-2011, 02:21 PM
What would you do if i told you I Photoshopped all of those?

Gary, I've known you on here for close to 10 years now, and you've never given me reason to doubt you. Hmmm.....

brownie
10-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Gary, I've known you on here for close to 10 years now, and you've never given me reason to doubt you. Hmmm.....

He's messing with you. I think he used Picnik.

Actually, if you search for Disneyland Magic Kingdom in Google Images, you can find these and a lot of similar pictures. There's even an old album cover that refers to Disneyland as Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom.

diz_girl
10-27-2011, 03:00 PM

That's probably just an excuse to go to WDW and look at those Dooney & Bourke purses.

By the way, where are they in the parks?

Doesn't Italy in WS have a something similar where their street performers gather?

Anyway, thanks for another enjoyable Podcast. I know that in the last Podcast John was lamenting that he and Gary are no ones favorites. That's not true. There would be no Intercot without John. And did anyone else notice that Gary is the only Podcast cast member to have their name included in a Podcast title. No one else has, and he's had it twice.

Ian
10-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Sorry (http://bp3.blogger.com/_3jV5FcVqpE8/SBfbBrrIIYI/AAAAAAAABdM/LsvddQ_VAB0/s1600-h/blue+key.jpg) John. Point goes to Ian, official GASBAG of the podcast. I got that acronym right? Great All Seeing Blah...This the absolute greatest thread I've ever read. I honestly don't care at this point if I'm right or wrong ... I'm just sitting here laughing my head off!

CAS
10-29-2011, 02:58 AM
I'm at work and gasping for air laughing...and trying so unsuccessfully hard not to disturb my employees.

Carol
10-30-2011, 05:43 AM
That's probably just an excuse to go to WDW and look at those Dooney & Bourke purses.

By the way, where are they in the parks

:spy:

They are no where to be found. :pout:

brownie
10-30-2011, 09:36 AM
:spy:

They are no where to be found. :pout:

Are you sure Mel didn't buy them out?

Buttercup
10-30-2011, 10:18 AM
GASBAG = hilarious! hahaha:funny:

And a big thumbs up :thumbsup: for the "Unplug & Plug" correction! I will no longer nag you about it! :D

Best podcast ever! Bring on #25 and Ian, I dare you to be the host. :joy:

Melanie
10-30-2011, 06:34 PM
To fill everyone in who doesn't follow our Twitter feed, Gary reunited with his column/pole/people watching spot/war memorial/sundial on Friday. It was a happy reunion indeed! :thumbsup:

Actually, we had a great time catching up with him and meeting his wife and girls, and even interesting conversations about beer with strangers/men with puppets. :eek: ;)

Buttercup
10-31-2011, 06:54 PM
It's so great to actually SEE you guys in pictures -- it's nice to put a face to the voices!

CAS
11-01-2011, 02:21 AM
It's so great to actually SEE you guys in pictures -- it's nice to put a face to the voices!

I hear someone yelling group picture. How else will we know who's who at LMNOP?

AgentC
11-01-2011, 10:46 AM
We lost my mom while playing Kim Possible at UK last weekend or to be more exact she lost us.

She was waiting exactly where I expected - Gary's column. :D

dpamac
11-02-2011, 10:00 AM
We lost my mom while playing Kim Possible at UK last weekend or to be more exact she lost us.

She was waiting exactly where I expected - Gary's column. :D

See? It's the best place in EPCOT.

dpamac
11-02-2011, 10:01 AM
To fill everyone in who doesn't follow our Twitter feed, Gary reunited with his column/pole/people watching spot/war memorial/sundial on Friday. It was a happy reunion indeed! :thumbsup:

Actually, we had a great time catching up with him and meeting his wife and girls, and even interesting conversations about beer with strangers/men with puppets. :eek: ;)

What can I say? I attract interesting people. Though I did offend a Chewbacca at MNSSHP by asking him if he was Itchy from the holiday special.

Septbride2002
11-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Gary! You are younger then I pictured!

And I still say it is more of a pillar. :secret:

~Amanda

Melanie
11-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Gary! You are younger than I pictured!

Gary is actually the baby of the group, but probably wiser than us all. ;)

Carol
11-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Gary is actually the baby of the group......

:baby:

dpamac
11-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Gary! You are younger then I pictured!

And I still say it is more of a pillar. :secret:

~Amanda

I'm the Doogie Howser of the podcast.

dpamac
11-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Gary is actually the baby of the group, but probably wiser than us all. ;)

I see my bribery check cleared.

Melanie
11-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Have to give John some credit here. Was randomly listening to Episode 12, The Big Reveal, tonight while walking, and John actually did say to me "unplug and plug" towards the beginning of the episode. So subconsciously he got it right. ;)

diz_girl
11-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Gary is actually the baby of the group...

Nobody puts Baby in a corner.

diz_girl
11-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Nobody puts Baby in a corner.

Sorry, sleep deprivation prompted that comment.

BTW - I'm listening to the Pocast again right now and Carol was right about Kenny Rodgers being in The New Christy Minstrels. He was in that band briefly before The New Edition.

dulyjs
11-07-2011, 03:34 PM
So what gives? I cannot access any of the podcasts from the website. Server problems?

John
11-07-2011, 03:50 PM
No problems on this end - checked the server, the rss feed and the link on this site - all work.

http://intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2011/episode-24.asp

The raw RSS feed is here as well:
http://intercot.podbean.com/feed/

dulyjs
11-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Hmm, yes it seems to be on my end. I can access them from another machine but not this one. I recently had to have the OS reinstalled so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Thanks for the info.