PDA

View Full Version : I've never done at WDW but will be doing next trip is...

SandmanGStefani24
10-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Thinking about my next trip, and was trying to decide what to do when I go. Rumors are that two of my favorite rides will be down when I go, so I thought of what I might like to do, but never have before. It's kind of crazy what I still haven't done at the World...

Think I'll ride Living with the Land, for the first time. Also might try Alice in Wonderland, or Winnie the Pooh...want to try a new dining place in Epcot too...oh the possibilities...

Anything you haven't done yet but are aiming for next time?

faline
10-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Are you mixing up Disney World and Disneyland? I don't recall any Alice in Wonderland themed rides in Disney World.

I believe I have ridden every ride in Disney World at least once. I haven't done every attraction. For example, I've never been inside Playhouse Disney.

disneymom15
10-23-2011, 05:28 PM
This trip we'll be going over to Richard Petty's driving experience. We plan on surprising our daughters boyfriend with the 8 lap experience. It will be his birthday and x-mas gift from the 3 of us.

Katzateer
10-23-2011, 07:45 PM
My September trip I think the only new thing I did was the American Idol show, which I enjoyed. Oh, and ate at Jak and Yetis.

Next trip I am hoping some of the new Fantasyland will be open and I want to try the GF cafe which gets really good dining reviews

DisneyKim22
10-23-2011, 07:49 PM
I usually go once a year, but there are still lots I haven't done. I always make it a point to do one thing I've never done before on each trip. This year I plan on actually seeing the Country Bear Jamboree. Over 30 trips in 26 years, and I've never seen CBJ.

Kairi_7378
10-23-2011, 07:55 PM
We want to be sure to enjoy the Sum of All Thrills next time in Epcot.

retiredfigment
10-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Our firsts this year were to see the Bird show at AK, eat at Cape May Cafe and Tusker House, and ride the 'car' down Main Street at MK before the park opened.(we were going to breakfast and they asked us - how do you pass that up!) We always seem to find something we haven't done. Next time we want to go on the Behind the Seeds tour at EPCOT. Always try, never get to:)

sassafras
10-23-2011, 08:25 PM
I want to go to Jellyrolls! and maybe Chef Mickey's.:mickey:

T--
10-23-2011, 08:35 PM
We're going to take our 9 and 6 sons to Innoventions at Epcot.

merlinmagic4
10-23-2011, 09:23 PM
We're doing a few new things (9th trip and still so much we haven't done): lunch at Sci-Fi Dine In, dinner at 'Ohana, the Electrical Water Pageant, and Wishes (really haven't seen it!). I guess I have to try one new ride....not sure what it will be but I'm hoping something tame....maybe Star Tours?? Oh, and if they are still taking sign-ups for the Jedi Training Academy, I'd love for my sons to do that :)

wonderalice23
10-23-2011, 09:24 PM
lots of new things for my upcoming trip - restaurants I have not tried, (Tony's, Tutto Italia, Kona Cafe, etc) and going to try out the resort jogging paths (and jogging consistently for that matter). I seriously want to run in a Disney race at some point!

disneydeb
10-23-2011, 11:02 PM
My last trip I was determined to do things I had never done before so I did!
Segway Tour around the world at Epcot
Hoop De Doo
California Grill
Starring Rolls
Keys to the Kingdom Tour
Visited a friend in Celebration
Investigated DVC
Lost my room key (not planned) and had it replaced no biggie :blush:
had a pearl set in a ring setting from Pick-a pearl from Japanese pavillion

Darbylew
10-23-2011, 11:16 PM
The new Star Tours as it was down for rehab the last time we were there. :mickey:

CosmicRay
10-24-2011, 01:16 AM
We are such creatures of habits after going the past 15 years that there are many things we haven't done.
Several shows (Nemo, Beauty and the Beast, Lights Motors Action)
We always saw parades and fireworks as the perfect opportunity to get in a few more rides. So we haven't seen Fantasmic
Havent done much at all at AK.
And haven't tried the Stitch, ToT, or EE ride.
But our upcoming trip will be a week of new expereiences :mickey:

darthmacho
10-24-2011, 05:07 AM
Good thread! There are many!

Never done, but going to do next trip...

Take a fourteen day trip!
Stay at Pop Century
Eat Tie Dyed Cheesecake
Perhaps see new things in Fantasyland
Ride it's a small world with both my kids
Eat at Tortuga Tavern
Swiss Family Tree House
Tom Sawyer Island
Astro Orbiter with the kids
Play Kim Possible
Eat at Via Napoli
Eat at La Hacienda
Ride Toy Story Mania
See Lights, Camera Action
Eat at Mama Melrose
Eat Dinner at Ohana
Eat at Jiko or Sanaa
Reserve two days for AK and DHS
Take the kids to Blizzard Beach
Spend the day at Downtown Disney
Eat at T-Rex

Ther might be more, but that's all I can think of! :mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
10-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Stay at Poly and Sum of all Thrills.

buzznwoodysmom
10-24-2011, 10:27 AM
There are lots of things I haven't yet done in WDW. The one thing I am doing on my next trip that I've never done before it wake up in WDW at WL on Christmas morning. This has been a dream of mine (as well as my family's) for quite some time now.

I also want to try to see Country Bear Jamboree. Not a huge thing, I know, but I think it might be the only attraction we've never done.

We also plan to try a few non park things if we have time. We haven't been to the new "dine in" theater at DTD, we've never played mini golf in WDW, and we still haven't seen Cirque. Those are things we might try to do in a few months. And of course there are a few new places we are eating. Via Napoli, the caramel shop in Germany, Cali Grill (new for our boys), Liberty Tree Tavern (new for DH), WCC for breakfast. In all our stays at WL we've never had breakfast at WCC, we've had both lunch and dinner several times, but never breakfast.

EJS-Houston
10-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Surprisingly I've never done the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular at Hollywood Studios...so I'm aiming to catch that this time around when I'm there in 8 days (and counting).

brivers222
10-24-2011, 12:17 PM
we will be staying at the Poly and Boardwalk... not to mention taking in several signature restaurants :)

c&d
10-24-2011, 01:50 PM
After DS and DH leave my aunt and I are eating dinner in Cinderella's Castle. That was so not happening with the guys.

joonyer
10-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Never been on "Ellen's Energy Adventure" at Epcot. Plan on doing it on our next visit. We've seen/been on just about every other attraction and show, though.

Katzateer
10-24-2011, 09:27 PM
There are lots of things I haven't yet done in WDW. The one thing I am doing on my next trip that I've never done before it wake up in WDW at WL on Christmas morning. This has been a dream of mine (as well as my family's) for quite some have time. .

My youngest and I were at WDW one Christmas morning a few years back. It was pouring down rain and I felt so bad for the masses of people waiting to get into the MK.

Hope your holiday is beautiful!

SAnderson70769
10-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Next trip is in December and trying the Dining Plan for the first time!

TheHD
10-24-2011, 10:46 PM
In 12 days it will be our first Dining Plan as well.

We also haven't been on Ellen's yet or Figment. Plan on doing both. Also, we haven't been on Mission Space either. I bought Dramamine just for the occasion (I hope it works).

buzznwoodysmom
10-25-2011, 11:00 AM
My youngest and I were at WDW one Christmas morning a few years back. It was pouring down rain and I felt so bad for the masses of people waiting to get into the MK.

Hope your holiday is beautiful!

Oh boy, I hope its beautiful too. The good thing is we go to WDW often enough that on this trip we don't really care what we do or don't do. We were just there in March, and are planning to return again sometime in 2012, so this is just a "want to be in WDW for Christmas" trip. If it rains we'll just spend a cozy day at the lodge, maybe with a good book by one of the fireplaces!!!!!

SandmanGStefani24
10-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Are you mixing up Disney World and Disneyland? I don't recall any Alice in Wonderland themed rides in Disney World.

WoW! Didn't even notice...chalk it up to being up late and sleepy! Obviously meant Snow White's Scary Adventures...maybe my tired head was thinking of the walking deck of cards you pass on the MK Railroad.

I've already eaten at Rose and Crown, but have never eaten scotch egg..maybe that counts hehe/

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Never been on the People Mover and am trying that for first time next trip also Nemo the Musical...also a few new restaurants...Brown Derby-lunch, Ohana-dinner, Whispering Canyon-dinner and 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and also new resort-Wilderness Lodge....

TinkerbellT421
10-25-2011, 12:24 PM
:mickey: Love this thread!
Ok so, every January Splash Mountain is closed....EXCEPT for this January :thumbsup: So it appears that BTMR will be down so the good news in Splash Mountain should remain open. So heres to hoping and pixie dust that for the first time I will be able to experience it!

So my firsts this trip are:
* Splash Mountain
* Swim with Dolphins in Epcot (yay to DBF! :mickey:)
* Beirgarten
* Star Tours II
* New features at Haunted Mansion
* Teppan Edo
* Whispering Canyon
* Garden Grove Character Breakfast

Thats all that comes to mind for now :mickey:

MrPeetrie
10-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Good thread. I've been there a few times, but there's still plenty I haven't done.

Things that top the list:

Haunted Carriage Ride (plan to do that NEXT trip).
Stay at a monorail resort. (Not happening next trip, though).
Segway Tour
Wild African Trek Safari

I'm sure there are more, but that's a few on my short list.

RAIDER
10-26-2011, 03:11 AM
Were going to eat at Coral Reef and Yak & Yeti and were going to visit the new Legoland when we go this Dec .None of these we have ever gone to before :thumbsup:

ryca1dreams
10-26-2011, 08:35 AM
Anything you haven't done yet but are aiming for next time?

Not have a schedule.

Disney4
10-26-2011, 01:55 PM
For some reason or another, we never got to see the show at DS. The wife will not let me skip it this time!

Gator
10-26-2011, 04:23 PM
I've never been to MK or AK for gate openning. Everyone says it's great. If it's as good as the openning as DHS, then I'll enjoy it. Now, getting my family up in time to catch the bus - that's another story.

kemps@wdw
10-27-2011, 09:44 PM
after 30 something yrs of seeing the World, my trying new things is pretty much limited to new places to eat. There's alot I haven't tried, and it seems something new pops up every year! :tasty:

TheVBs
10-28-2011, 08:26 AM
We always make sure to add new stuff on every trip. We had several firsts this last trip and loved every one of them! Next trip I want to try Characters in Flight and Hoop De Doo. I'm sure there's more than that, just can't think at the moment.

Faver
10-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Go to Beaches & Cream
Go to Tony's @ MK
Rent a Pontoon boat @ DTD
Go to Earl of Sandwich
Go to Storm Along Bay!!

Come on March 2012!!!!:thumbsup:

wdwfamilyof4
10-28-2011, 09:50 AM
This thread just proves what makes all of us keep going back and loving every trip. It should be shown to all people who ask the question "You're going back to Disney AGAIN?"

I want to do at least 2 new things in every park:
MK-Liberty Square Riverboat & Stitch's Great Escape
EPCOT-Innovations & Honey I Shrunk the Audience
DHS- One Man's Dream & The Magic of Disney Animation
AK- Flights of Wonder & COnservation Station

Now I just have to figure out when the next trip will be!:mickey: