PDA

View Full Version : Sad

Bethis26fan
10-21-2011, 02:24 PM
We just had to cancel our trip for after thanksgiving. Our heat went out (the unit is only 7 years old) and it's going to cost most of what the trip was and since it's only oct and it's already go in the 30's at night. We've sort of gotta fix it.

I guess tonight I get the great joy of cancelling our ADR's and putting our christmas party tickets for sale on ebay. :( it's not going to be no where near as fun as making them was.

Just wanted to share my bad day and that I now feel :ill:

Auntie B
10-21-2011, 02:57 PM
You have my sympathies. I had to cancel our December trip also. Not fun.

AvaNellMouse
10-21-2011, 03:03 PM
While nothing we can say will make it all better for you - at least you know you have friends here that understand how upsetting this can be and sympathize with you completely.

Perhaps you can save up and go with us next year to celebrate the 15th anniversary!
:party:

Faver
10-21-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm sorry... we had to cancel a trip once before... our family had a Chicken Pox outbreak!!!:ill:

I'm sure you'll go again soon:mickey:

minnie04
10-21-2011, 03:39 PM
ahhh... I'm so sorry you have to Cancel :( .I think at one time or another everyone has had to do it. I have in the past and I know exactly how you feel. Its the pits, but just think once the heater is fixed you can start planning another trip. Just get a few quotes first maybe it wont cost as much (people are really looking for work) maybe you can get a good deal and still be able to go. Maybe not as long ,but there could be a chance... I'll keep my fingers crossed ...

brownie
10-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Soory to hear about your lack of heat. Did you get a second opinion on a fix? Maybe it can be taken care of for less than what you've been told.

tinksmom02
10-21-2011, 04:26 PM
So sorry you have to cancel your trip. Here's hoping you can get back sooner than you think!

faline
10-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Sorry you have to cancel! Hope you get to rebook in the near future.

Marymouse2003
10-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Awe, bummer, big bummer, but look on the bright side, you will have heat this winter AND one day you will return soon. Here's a little :pixie: to cheer you up. ;)

Briansmom
10-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Dang...it seems that necessities are always getting in the way.....

MUCH sympathy for you.....:(

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Make sure you get at least 3 quotes. And check with your gas & oil companies to see if there are any rebates or specials going on in your area.
When I switched from oil to gas heat, the gas company ran the line from the street to my house for NOTHING. And I got a rebate on my new furnace as well.

Good luck and hope you get to plan a new trip quickly!

Bethis26fan
10-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks everyone. Hopeful next year will be better. It just seemed like this trip is been doomed from the start. We've replaced this year alone the roof, the washer & Dryer and now the heat. :) On the upside my house should be in good shape for a while. ;)

LudwigVonDrake
10-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Sorry you had to cancel. Maybe you can book another trip soon enough :wave:

darthmacho
10-30-2011, 12:17 PM
I understand completely. We're living on "borrowed time" with our heating system. It can literally go at any moment, and probably will. Even without that, my career at the USPS has been placed in limbo as you have probably seen on the news this past year. I still haven't booked our trip for next year because of it, and we may not get to go if more bad news comes down.

I hope the future will see us both getting better news and going to WDW sooner than later. Good fortune. :mickey:

Tink#64
10-31-2011, 12:05 AM
:sorry::grouphug: Been there, done that, hope to never do it again! It stinks royally, I'll be honest, I was so depressed, I think I took it harder than my DS's! I hated that we'd gotten everyone excited about going & then had to tell them that we couldn't! :cry: After that experience several years ago, now when we're planning, we always say that we're"Tenatively Planning" & we all know that right up until time to go, many things could happen that would not permit us to go! Lucky for us, we were able to return to WDW the next year & have been several times since, but in today's economy & job market a WDW is just not as sure a bet for many as it used to be!

MushuGrl
11-06-2011, 06:18 PM
I feel your pain. I had a trip planned for October, then had to push it back to January, now not sure when I'm going due to busted A/C unit, busted water heater, busted roof, and messed-up ceiling and wall in one room (due to the big rains back in the spring plus the busted roof.)

We'll get back there one day, Mouseketeer!

princessgirls
11-10-2011, 02:01 PM
So sorry to hear that you have to cancel your trip.

This 2011 year has been hard on many! Weather issues, unemployment and other financial realities. It is TOUGH out there.

You are not alone, and Disney will be there for you when you are able to enjoy it!!!

Julie:mickey:

Mousemates
11-10-2011, 02:18 PM
sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances...as the old saying goes "when it rains it pours"...sounds like you will have a very updated house by the time the new year comes...and on the brighter side, perhaps the higher efficiency of your new heating unit will result in savings that can make your next trip to disney even better.

Bethis26fan
11-10-2011, 02:38 PM
I hate to say this but it's almost been a blessing it caused us to cancel the trip. I love disney don't get me wrong, but I wasn't feeling the happiest anyway. We lost both my Grandmother & Grandfather this year and it's been just over a year that my brother passed then all the house stuff. It was almost like a relife not to go. Is that crazy?