PDA

View Full Version : Aerosmith Ride Intensity

SandmanGStefani24
10-20-2011, 06:33 PM
Was thinking that I haven't ridden a "newer" ride at WDW since '05s trip to AK. So, wanted to maybe try the Aerosmith ride next trip. Now, I do enjoy most rides, but will never ride say, The Tower, again. The most intense ride I will still ride is the Poltergeist ride at Six Flags Fiesta. I'm not interested in rides that try to kill you lol. :D

So, barring the 0-60 take off zone what do you guys think? It might be easier to take people with me getting a group opinion. Thanks///

Altair
10-20-2011, 06:50 PM
It doesn't last long enough to be too much of a problem for me.:mickey:

cajundisneyfreak
10-20-2011, 07:34 PM
I rode it once.All I remember was taking off and stopping.Afterwards sitting on a bench for at least 30 minutes trying to collect myself.My sister got me a sprite and some aspirin.:sick: That being said I'm not one for those types of rides.I also rode Tower of Terror and Expedition Everest just once.I wasn't crazy enough to try Mission Space.I know my limits.lol I can do all 3 mountains at Magic Kingdom with no problem.They are more my speed.:)

DisneyMom12
10-20-2011, 08:11 PM
I love it, and think you should give it a try. As the other poster said it's over pretty fast.

mrmcgiv
10-20-2011, 08:12 PM
I am usually a big chicken. On our 4th trip 2 months ago I tried it and loved it. I thought it was pretty low intensity personally and you go upside down so fast you hardly notice. Give it a try!

exvagirl
10-20-2011, 08:19 PM
I personally don't like Tower AT ALL. Too scary :blush: but i LOVE the Aerosmith ride. The launch isn't that bad, and the loops are somewhat intense, but otherwise it's pretty tame. If you can handle rides like Everest, Space Mountain, etc. you'll love it :)

WDWdreamer87
10-20-2011, 08:22 PM
The only problem I have with Rock N Roller Coaster is my ears banging up against the harness. I've tried leaning back, I've tried leaning forward, but each time it hurts! The loops, drops, and take off are not bad at all. LOVE this ride, and the music.

Go for it! And if you figure out how to help me with my situation...I'm all ears to know! :D

Mousemates
10-20-2011, 08:33 PM
RnR's great advantage over Six Flags coasters is how amazing smooth it is....I don't particularly like getting banged around on rides, no problem here.

McLiberal8
10-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Compared to big roller coasters, it is a much milder version. If you let yourself get into the theme, I would say it's the equivalent of a very wild limo ride ;)

One tiny loop aside, its small drops and sharp turns.

I love it!

Kairi_7378
10-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Lean back into your headrest. As long as you keep from rattling your head around you'll be fine :-)

darthmacho
10-21-2011, 06:40 AM
RnR's great advantage over Six Flags coasters is how amazing smooth it is....I don't particularly like getting banged around on rides, no problem here.

Good assessment. I agree 100%

Goofy4TheWorld
10-21-2011, 08:43 AM
As my Avatar suggests, RnRc is my favorite ride at WDW and I am a pretty big chicken. You couldn't pay me to spend a day at Six Flags, just too many mega-thrills.

I ride the Tower of Terror once each trip, exit the ride and go straight outside and hug a tree for a few minutes to regain my bearings and stop the shaking of my arms and legs (seriously, it is a tradition to get my picture hugging that tree). That said, I enjoy RnRc over and over again with no problems. I enjoy it so much now that I come off laughing with joy. Being inside and in the dark makes it such a great ride, throw in a little Aerosmith and I am on :cloud9:.

disneymom15
10-21-2011, 09:32 AM
One of my favorite rides. Love it, probably ride it atleast 4 times every trip. I'm not a big fan of Everest(don't like the backwards part) and ToT(once was enough). Give it a try.

Stu29573
10-21-2011, 10:01 AM
I went on it twice (on two different trips) and both times it was the same. I got off, stumbled down to the little wall right outside the exit, and sat on it for a half hour waiting to feel "right" again. I did it twice because I was hoping the first time was a fluke. It wasn't. I guess I'm just too much of a wimp!:ill:

EJS-Houston
10-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Besides being over with quickly, the thing to consider about the Aerosmith Rock-n-Roller Coaster is that it's a dark ride. So unlike really scary roller coasters at other theme parks where you're constantly looking at how far off the ground you are while you're going upside down or in corkscrews...on the ARnRC you can't ever see the ground. Consequently I don't find it any more frightening than Space Mountain.

Frog
10-21-2011, 11:45 AM
So, I have not done well with rides in the past like this (I lost my breakfast after EE my first time). But having three girls that want to ride everything, And because... Wait for it, wait for it... "I don't wanna miss a thing" has forced me into trying them a second time. I have found a secret that I will share with the board... (at the risk of making lines longer!!)
If you SCREAM or LAUGH the whole ride, you don't get sick!!!

Mogie
10-21-2011, 04:12 PM
I was really afraid of roller coasters until Disney. Rockin Roller Coaster is really not that intense at all. The take off looks scary, but no different than the feeling of take off on a plane being pushed back in your seat. Except this is fun! When you loop upside down you dont even notice because youre in the dark. The music in your ears takes away from the wooshing sound you get on roller coasters.

DO IT! Dont miss out!

mydisneygirls
10-21-2011, 10:50 PM
I rode it once and won't do it again! I just wish I rode it at the end of the day because I was felt sick from then on. That being said, I thought the ride itself was exciting and would love to ride it again but having chronic sinusitus, this wasn't a ride for me. I can't even ride the tea cups because of the spinning!!!! It's not the 0-60 that bothers me because I ride Test Track, it's the loop when you go around upside down. If you don't mind those kind of rides, I'd say go for it.

Zawadi
10-22-2011, 09:06 AM
I consider RnRC to be fairly tame. The effects are good. Only tips that I could give:

* Keep you head back at launch
* Exhale during the launch

My sister was nervous about it then did it 14 times in a morning.

Then again I'm looking for an excuse to go ride the Ferrari Rosso in Abu Dhabi. Top speed 240kph (150mph)

BrerGnat
10-22-2011, 09:15 AM
I like this ride, but I just can't ride it anymore without getting a HUGE headache afterwards. Maybe I'm just old. Maybe it's because I'm ultra sensitive to getting headaches (I have migraine), but it's just not worth it to me anymore.

I honestly think this is one of the LEAST smooth coasters I've ridden in recent history. At first, when it opened, it was pretty smooth. No more, though. It's extremely shaky, rattles a lot, and is just overall uncomfortable.

You want a smooth ride? Expedition Everest. A MUCH better choice for a more intense coaster than the MK mountains, but without the discomfort of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

RavsRuleDisney!
10-23-2011, 11:48 AM
go for it. i am a coaster junkie but also wear the motion sickness badge....R&RC is a blast. the start is really the most intense part of the ride. as it is indoors you don't have the big belly flopping drops of an outdoor coaster. it's all tight turns and twists but it is smooth, short, and fairly dark. you might be a bit wobbly when you get off but it passes quickly enough. ENJOY!! :coaster:

Maleficent's Dad
10-25-2011, 01:59 PM
I would never recommend a coaster to someone who is skeptical. That's a decision you have to make yourself.
Don't let the previous posts fool you - the RNRC is intense, especially given you're not a coaster person. Granted, you'll find plenty of rides with a greater level of intensity, but make no doubt about it - RNRC's first 3 seconds compare to any ride out there. There are three inversions after the "launch." No hills are necessary (all the speed you get at take off sends you through the entire ride).

As for smoothness? Sure it's pretty smooth as far as coasters go - but most newer steel coasters are smooth.

I won't say one way or the other what you "should do." You'll have to research it a bit and decide for yourself. One option may be to go through the queue, watch the launch of one of the rides, and if it seems too much, opt for the "chicken exit" at the loading site.
Good luck with whatever you choose!

Janmac
10-28-2011, 06:24 AM
Perhaps it helps to know what you don't like. I don't like drops but don't mind spinning or turning upside down. Don't get motion sick.

Have only been on Splash Mtn once and hope never to go on it again.

The drops on Big Thunder Mtn and Space Mtn are tolerable enough so that the ride is enjoyable. Space Mtn used to be my favorite roller coaster anywhere.

Until Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. Rode several times without ever hearing the music cause I was laughing so much. Only problem, after a certain age, one's cheeks are back by one's ears during the take-off. Hate those ride photos! :D But, the launch is fun, otherwise.

Expedition Everest is tolerable, drop-wise, but not as enjoyable as RnRC or the Mtns.

I can not conceive of a reason to ever go on Tower of Terror.

Jan

wdwfamilyof4
10-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Personally I think RnRC is a blast. I grew up going to Cedar Point who's goal is to always have the biggest, fastest & scariest rides so you may want to take that into account.

A little story:
On our last visit to WDW DD 9 was going through a "I won't try it" phase. My philosophy in life is "try it once and if you don't like it fine". DH decided that DD was going on RnRC and that's the end of it. Believing that once she got on and tried it she'd love it and want to do everything. (She does have a history of needing to be convinced and then loving whatever it was that she refused to do) I had reservations but went along with the plan. DH & DS 7 were in the seat in front of us. They had a great time. DD started screaming when the harness came down and didn't stop until the ride stopped. The only good thing is that the music is so loud that nobody could hear her except me:thedolls:. DD was mad. The rest of the trip she wasn't forced to try anything though. Last day of the trip she decided to try everything in MK and loves the coasters most of all.
As we're leaving to start the 16 hr trip home this is what we hear "Can't we stay longer so I can try RNRC again? I love roller coaters!":hug:

Frog
11-01-2011, 11:02 AM
See,
Screaming works!!:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
11-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Not for me! I did it twice about 10 years ago. I was determined to overcome my fear of roller coasters and challenged myself. LOOOVE Aerosmith, too! Didn't see much cause my eyes were closed... screamed and prayed for it to be over. Declared I was done. Still proud of myself for doing it beCAUSE I was afraid. :thumbsup:DEFinitely lean back cause I pretty much had whiplash when I got off. Affected me the rest of my trip. Glad I tried it.:mickey:

Suz36
11-03-2011, 09:53 PM
The first time I rode this, I absolutely loved it. It really is quite smooth, and you hardly even feel the loops and twists. However, the second time I rode it, the launch literally took my breath away. I couldn't breathe for what felt like an eternity (probably only 10-20 seconds really). It scared me enough that I won't ride it again, but I'm bummed because I really loved it!

WDW84
11-05-2011, 04:30 PM
I love it RRC! I rode it for the first time last week and I was nervous about the take off - it is fast but so much fun! I agree with the rest of the posters that it is very smooth - I rode Space Mountain the next day and by comparison it is a much rougher ride than RRC. Have fun!

WDW84
11-05-2011, 06:34 PM
One more bit of advice - if you do ride make sure anything in your pockets is secured. My cell phone slipped out of my pocket during the ride. Luckily it did not fall out of the car and I found it at my feet at the end of the ride - whew! The cast member at unload station said that items always stay in the car but next time I'll make sure everything is in a zippered pocket :mickey:

98'cpTyphoonGuard
11-07-2011, 12:22 PM
I have a fear of heights (doesnt' stop me from riding ToT, but if that ride was outside - no way!) and I get motion sickness (no teacups for me) but I love RnRC - I do suggest leaning your head back, if not your ears will bang against the restaints and it hurts a little. If I were to close my eyse I would get really sick, but keeping my eyes open - it doesn't bother me a bit...unlike SM which I always feel a little queasy and out of sorts after that one. When it comes down to it, only you can decide if its worth trying RnRC for you. Good luck:thumbsup: