PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Dinner Skillet & Dining Plan

gregf71
10-20-2011, 01:48 PM
After a 10 year break, we are off to the World in three days! I have been perusing the menus online and had a question about the dining plan (this is the first time we will be using it)...

We will be having dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe our first night. In the past, we have enjoyed the all you care to enjoy skillet. If we order this again this time, how is it counted towards the dining plan? Does it count as a "buffet" credit, thus nixing the appetizer and dessert? Or is does it count as an entree, meaning that we can order a separate appetizer and dessert?

Thanks for the clarification! :blush:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-20-2011, 01:56 PM
We love the skillet!!

You get the skillet, with the salad to start, and then you get to choose a dessert from the menu.

Also, the refillable milkshakes are included as your drink, so WCC can be a very yummy meal.

mydisneygirls
10-20-2011, 01:58 PM
It's like a buffet meal. No appetizer but you get dessert. You do get a salad and cornbread before they bring out the skillet. Trust me, there is more than enough food that you don't need an appetizer! Enjoy!

sassafras
10-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Try the S'more cheesecake--It's wonderful!:cloud9:

Tygger7
10-20-2011, 03:01 PM
As others have posted, you get the skillet & a dessert. One point of clarification: appetizers are NOT included on the dining plan. Dessert is included. This was a change made a few years back to the dining plan, around the same time they quit including the tip.

You can order & pay for an appetizer separately though, along with any alcoholic beverages. If you have any questions about the plan, just ask your server. They can help with any questions you might have.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!! :mickey:

WDWCrazyKaren
10-20-2011, 03:06 PM
As others have posted, you get the skillet & a dessert. One point of clarification: appetizers are NOT included on the dining plan. Dessert is included. This was a change made a few years back to the dining plan, around the same time they quit including the tip.

You can order & pay for an appetizer separately though, along with any alcoholic beverages. If you have any questions about the plan, just ask your server. They can help with any questions you might have.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!! :mickey:

But luckily, since you get a salad with the meal, I consider that an appetizer, so I FEEL like I've gotten more than a great deal!! :secret:

Briansmom
10-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Another point of clarification....on the milkshakes at WCC, they are not unlimited any longer. You only get one with the meal now....We were just there a couple weeks ago and that was what we were told by our server.

But that skillet was yummy!

And all people at the table do not have to get the skillet.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Another point of clarification....on the milkshakes at WCC, they are not unlimited any longer. You only get one with the meal now....We were just there a couple weeks ago and that was what we were told by our server.

Phwey! Thanks for the update, the refills were always a bonus!

JenniferS.
10-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Appetizers ARE included in the dining plan IF you have the deluxe dining. Not sure about WCC, but others seemed to have answered your question.

BeccaO
10-21-2011, 11:02 AM
That's a bummer on the new rule about the milkshakes!!!! But the skillet is yuuummmyyyy!!!!!!!! So much great food!!!!:thumbsup: