PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom construction

luvkatiebug
10-20-2011, 11:22 AM
We are headed to the Happiest Place in the World in February and I was wondering what effect the Fantasyland construction has on the rides. I know that Toontown is now closed, but what else is closed? Thanks. :mickey:

Disney Doll
10-20-2011, 12:16 PM
As far as I noticed Toontown was the only thing missing. You will see construction walls up around Fantasyland, but as of last week everything was open and from what I've read there are no plans to shut the remaining rides down. Remember it's an expansion so the construction is happening in new areas that were not previosuly part of the park aside from Toontown. The first phase of the expansion is set to open in "early 2012" so with any luck you may be one of the first to see some new stuff.

Goofy4TheWorld
10-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Copying from Info Central's Closings and Rehabs page (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp), these two things will be closed in February:

Dumbo the Flying Elephant - January 9 - February 17, 2012.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - January 9 - May 27, 2012

HOLY COW, I didn't realize BTM was going to be closed almost 5 months!

Cassieblanca
10-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Yay now maybe it won't give me whiplash when it reopens :D I love BTM, but I can't ride it as much as I used to.

luvkatiebug
10-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Awww! man. My daughter is going to be so disappointed about the BTM closing. She has been dying to ride that b/c last time she wasn't so brave. Guess we'll have to plan to go back! Thanks.

Aurora
10-20-2011, 03:39 PM
If I remember correctly, Ariel's Grotto is also gone.

Kairi_7378
10-20-2011, 11:02 PM
There are barriers that extend from the Pinocchio Village Haus, and past the teacups to where Toontown used to start. There is some space between Dumbo and the barriers. You may see some construction equipment over the barriers from time to time. I saw a few concrete trucks when I was there.

You can check out the new construction from Dumbo. I also took some photos from the top of the CA Grill.

Victor Kelly
10-21-2011, 11:30 AM
I hate to see anything closed, but BTMRR needs it badly.

If you search you can find photos taken from the air of the construction. Very neat to see.

Disney Doll
10-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Remember thought that refurbs happen all the time. I've heard a lot of people thinking about delaying a trip because of construction. The Big Thunder Mountain refurb has nothing to do with construction. Something is always going to be down for maintenance no matter when you go.

A Big Kid
10-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Copying from Info Central's Closings and Rehabs page (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp), these two things will be closed in February:

Dumbo the Flying Elephant - January 9 - February 17, 2012.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - January 9 - May 27, 2012

HOLY COW, I didn't realize BTM was going to be closed almost 5 months!

I wonder if the dolts running the place talk to each other or dont really care how dumb their decisions are.

They have an event that draws 10s of thousands of people (the marathon weekend) and promptly shut down major attractions. And they only announce the shutdowns after most people have made their vacation plans. What I would like to say to these people woukd get me kicked off intercot, if not the internet!

BrerGnat
10-24-2011, 12:59 PM
It's also worth noting (for those with young kids) that the Pooh's Playful Spot is also now gone, due to the construction.