PDA

View Full Version : Buses from MK?

minnie-mouse
10-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Where do you catch the bus from Mk exactly? Is it at the TTC? I have never had to use bus system before, so I am clueless. :confused: Also, do these buses leave MK often to Swan/Dolphin?

Scar
10-19-2011, 04:10 PM
The MK bus stop is just to the left after leaving the security checkpoint, opposite from the monorail station, towards the Contemporary Resort. The Swan and Dolphin buses are on the same schedule as all Disney buses. Meaning they may come quick or they may take a while.

Main Street Jim
10-19-2011, 04:32 PM
It depends on where you're going.

From MK to:

Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney Resorts (non-Disney):
At the Transportation and Ticket Center

To Disney resorts, Swolphin, Shades of Green (I believe):
Right outside the turnstiles, to the right of the MK Main Entrance as you're looking at the park

To get to MK resorts from MK, you can use either the monorails (to Contemporary, <TTC>, Ploynesian, Grand Floridian, in that order), or take a launch (watercraft) to those three, as well as Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness.

There are NO buses from any of the parks to Downtown Disney Marketplace, Pleasure Island, or Downtown Disney Westside. For those three destinations, you have a few options:
Take a resort bus to Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, or either of the Port Orleans resorts, then a relaxing ride down the Sassagoula River.
Take a resort bus from a park to *any* resort, then a Downtown Disney bus.

I *always* recommend AT LEAST an hour's travel time between destinations. Buses usually run about every twenty minutes or so.

minnie-mouse
10-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Thanks guys for the great advice!

wdwfansince75
10-19-2011, 10:49 PM
O Gwash, can't believe it...get to correct Jim...no buses from MK to SoG...either monorail or ferry to TTC, and then, the SoG/TTC bus..But what a great idea!

Main Street Jim
10-20-2011, 04:43 PM
O Gwash, can't believe it...get to correct Jim...no buses from MK to SoG...either monorail or ferry to TTC, and then, the SoG/TTC bus..But what a great idea!:blush: that was why I added the "(I believe)" to that...LOL...wasn't *real* sure on that one.

Why not boat to Poly, then walk across the street to SoG? :)