PDA

View Full Version : Any Paranormal Experiences at WDW?

Arnold Simba
10-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Hello All. I suspect this topic is going to receive its share of "flames" and silly answers. Hope to get some serious replies: Have any of you Disney/Intercot fans ever had a paranormal experience at Walt Disney World? I'm thinking of experiences at one of the parks, but will also include the resorts, etc.

Personally I've never had one. The closest thing that came to it was the time I exited through the front doors at Casey's Corner. Right across the street was a guy who was my older brother's exact twin. Same haircut, same mustache, same glasses, same "The Who" t-shirt - good grief, the guy even had cut-off jeans like my brother used to wear. This twin and his family came walking across the street towards me, and it was only when he talked (with a New England accent) that I was sure it wasn't my brother leading a double life! lol

Mogie
10-19-2011, 12:18 PM
I forget which ride I was on, but it was one of the dark rides, and call me crazy, but I could swear I saw ghosts dancing in circles. Maybe it was just me...

Ed
10-19-2011, 12:23 PM
suspect this topic is going to receive its share of "flames" and silly answers.

Absolutely right. :D

I've had the same experience on every visit to the parks - - watching dollars disappear from my wallet. :spend:

(Sorry...couldn't resist... the :thedolls: made me do it.)

Scar
10-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Ed was also once attacked by an old enemy that was reincarnated as a peacock.

TinkerbellT421
10-19-2011, 12:29 PM
I suspect this topic is going to receive its share of "flames" and silly answers.

At 26, in January, I was looking in the mirror at the Boardwalk Villas and to my horror I saw a glimmering light at the top of my head....after screaming horridly and DBF thinking I had just seen the smallest spider known to man, I was able to scream these words while looking as pale as a ghost.

PLUCK IT!!!!!!!!!! Upon crying I had just noticed my first ever....

Gray hair. :(:fit:

I have found 7 more since.

(:thedolls: sorry had to do it! lol)

Mousemates
10-19-2011, 02:35 PM
if we go with the definition of paranormal as being "impossible to explain by known natural forces or by science," I would have to include my wife still crying during every showing of Wishes.

DVC2004
10-19-2011, 04:01 PM
LOL well we ran into my son's "twin" last week in line a Space Mountain. It was so funny, he looked just like him. Same hair, same build, smae style of clothes, same profile even. We couldn't stop staring. When we exited the ride we saw him again this time in brighter light and he looked a little less similar to my son than he did in the shadows, but it was still funny. Not paranormal but similar to the story you shared.

joonyer
10-19-2011, 05:39 PM
I swear I have seen very some large rodents wearing clothes. And sometimes I get all tingly and emotional for no known reason whatsoever. and then there are times when I find myself feeling as if I have been transported back in time, to say 1971, which was the very first year I visited Disney World. It almost feels like it could be . . . . magic.

I can't explain it. :confused:

McLiberal8
10-19-2011, 08:39 PM
I forget which ride I was on, but it was one of the dark rides, and call me crazy, but I could swear I saw ghosts dancing in circles. Maybe it was just me...

That's 'The Haunted Mansion'.. I think those are always there! :silly: :silly: :silly:

Sorry - couldn't help myself. ;)

darthmacho
10-20-2011, 04:43 AM

I think I know which ride you're talking about! I was riding that same ride and one of the ghosts tried to follow me home! Eerie, right?

bdm@pga
10-20-2011, 11:36 AM
OK, I'll give you a real one. I met a family in a near by community that told me this story about their father. He was such a Disney Collector that they ended up finding 8 storage sheds filled with memorabillia including letters form Walt himself..I believe the Disney Company actually bought a lot his collection in the end....ok so anyway here's the paranormal stuff.

On his LAST visit..yep I set it up already...with his family, about late afternoon, he told his family he wasn't quite feeling right and he was going to go back to the room...they should stay and enjoy he rest of the day..he was just feeling tired...so he left them to go back to the room. Later in the evening, they were leaving the park and one of the grandchildren said..look there's Pap..and pointed at the bench where Roy and Mickey are sitting..they looked over and thought they saw him so they headed over..but through the crowd, by the time they got there he was gone...so they looked around, didn't see him, and headed to the monorail.

When they returned to the room, they found him..:(....heart attach...he passed away in his favorite place...but he had been dead for a couple of hours....no way he was in the park sittiing with Roy and Mickey...OR WAS HE???:secret:

kdsjjb
10-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Not sure why, but each and every time I visit DHS, I feel like I just stepped into...

The Twilight Zone...

bigkid46
10-29-2011, 01:25 PM
If you go to you tube and search "Ghosts Tower Of Terror", a video pops up with an awesome visual of something in one of the elevator shafts. You really have to watch for it though, but it's cool.

seanyred
10-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Don't forget about George in POC. Supposedly George was a construction worker who died while building the ride. Current Cast Members say goodnight and good morning to George every day, If they do not the ride will almost always malfunction that day. There is more to this story but that is the main points I remember.

I LoveJack
10-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Well I'm sure that first you will all think I'm crazy, but here goes. We have ghosts or spirits or whatever you want to call them in my house and I usually invited them to go with us on vacation if they want. So am not sure if it was one of them or a new "friend" but when we were there this past month at Wilderness Lodge I had a strange accurance. Someone was trying to pull on the bottom of my bedding the first night we were there. And about half way into the trip one afternoon while we were changing for MNSSHP 3 out of the 4 people there in the room all of a sudden got a real strong smell of rose perfume right by the side of my bed. Nobody could figure that one out,so just saying...:confused:

Gator
11-02-2011, 03:56 PM
How about running into the same family getting on the return bus to CS for 5 straight days. That's pretty eerie.

para-normal?
10-23-2012, 11:01 PM
I have NEVER been a believer in paranormal activities and or ghosts. I don't watch any of the ghost shows and never have had any desire. My friend and I just stayed 2 nights at the Contemporary with a lagoon/pool view.My friend is very spiritual, however I am the opposite. The first night there was a meteor shower, so we got up around 3 am to watch it. It was cool since we saw a few and Jupiter was right in front of us. I started to just look around and to the right of us was the smaller tower (not sure what the name of it was) and there were 3 small roofs over the entrance which then became a walkway of glass. I looked at the one directly over the entrance and thought I saw someone sitting up there and told my friend. She didn't notice at first, but did notice a man sitting or whatever it was doing about a yard or so below them. He was very eery, with a white face, almost a white mohawk and and I am going to sound crazy, but almost like black spikes sticking out of his head. He just sat there, sometimes moving his head to the left and right...he looked like someone out of Halloween Horror nights. However, there were people coming in and out of the entrance with luggage and walking right past him which we thougth was odd.:confused: By this time my friend spotted the man/boys on the roof, which by this time had become 2. We didn't know if we should call security, since we were worried they may jump down and try to rob guests leaving or if they were just teens on something just up there to watch the show as well. They sat there as more guests left and did nothing to show harm. As it got a bit later/earlier I noticed they were not there anymore. A while later as it started to become lighter, I watched as the two returned to the roof, I could not tell how they were getting up so easily as it could not be easy. I decided to take my camera out which has really good zoom and get a closer look..I zoomed in a bit too far and got the fabric of ones jeans and zoomed out to follow up his body to a flannel shirt and onto his face in which he had an eery smile on his mouth and biting a cigar, as I moved up I was shocked in horror to see a completely demonic face out of a horror movie, deformaty, and completely SHOCKING and freaked me out and I screamed and I put my camera down and watched as they jumped off the roof. We spoke to security, did not mention anything we suspected as paranormal, but warned them about possible solicitation. Night # 2....unwinding from the Halloween Party, on the balcony again. My friend was trying to take pictures from the balcony to the roof we saw the boys or whatever they were the night before. However no matter which waay she took them she could not capture that roof. All of a sudden she got really weird and gasped "OMG"..I kept asking her what. but she kept telling me to hold on..she took about ten pictures..in the first few pictures were a figure of a dark skinny old man with some kind of fabric around his shoulders. The first couple of shots he was looking down, but the last he was looking at the camera and his eyes were huge and white and not normal. In other pictures, there were obvious other figures, men dressed in suits, women in long white dressings, one in fact hanging from a tree and even choldren. Some looked angry, while others sad and lost.They were all ghostly pictures, not like the men we saw before. One picture with writing in it that we could not make out. She started to freak out because she saw a girl, who she sensed was ****** at us...like I said I am not spiritual but she somehow knew the girl was ****** and I could not see her and she said she had to delete all of the pictures. I begged her to forward them to me and she did supposedly, but when I looked the next morning, they were all of the same pictures. After that, what I saw was unbelievable..on the roof of the smaller tower there was a girl wrapped in a grey blanket sitting on the edge at first by herself. For some reason I just blurted out 'Amy" is over there on the roof,like I knew that was her name. My friend spotted her immediately and watched as many more arrived..A woman wearing a long dress and bonnet was setting up cots and laying them all down, they were peaceful, and obviously not there to hurt anyone, just trapped there..We watched an old lady walk her old lab, a child read a book in a tree, absoltely amazing, confusing and scary all together. Has anyone seen anything like this or am I and my friend completely crazy...As I said, I never believed until now. Any input would be helpful, but if you are going to be negative or unkind, please dont bother...thank u!

mom2morgan
10-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Okay, not quite what you are looking for, but I thought it was hysterical. On our recent trip, my daughters were staying in the room adjacent to us, and at about midnight I heard this panicked knocking on my door. There they both stood with eyes big as saucers and faces white as sheets, convinced there was some sort of (well, little one said "ghost", older one said "bat") making a high-pitched hissing noise in their room. I went in and could hear it and couldn't identify it, and my own hair was starting to go up just a bit. Then we found the culprit - a water bottle that had ice cubes melting in it and was therefore sucking the air in from outside (or vice-versa; not good at physics). I really DID sound pretty eerie! :funny:

DisneyMore
11-01-2012, 11:13 AM
The closest thing that came to it was the time I exited through the front doors at Casey's Corner. Right across the street was a guy who was my older brother's exact twin. Same haircut, same mustache, same glasses, same "The Who" t-shirt - good grief, the guy even had cut-off jeans like my brother used to wear. This twin and his family came walking across the street towards me, and it was only when he talked (with a New England accent) that I was sure it wasn't my brother leading a double life! lol

Me and my family have this literally every time we go. We call it the Disney doppleganger, and it's always a different member of our family. So far we've seen to my uncle, my mom, my cousin, and my grandpop.

RavsRuleDisney!
11-11-2012, 10:37 AM
We've been down around 10 times over the past decade and uhhhm....no. The money magically vanishing from my wallet from a previous post does ring a bell however....;)