PDA

View Full Version : 2 Sunrise Safari Questions

Basket Mommy
10-17-2011, 09:26 PM
We're thinking about doing the Sunrise Safari on our upcoming January trip. I have 2 questions:

(1) We're staying in a 2 BR Savannah view in Jambo House. From what I've read, the Safari is only available to concierge level guests. I'm assuming that means we don't qualify, but I'm not sure. I did not book concierge. Can we go or not?

(2) Is AK admission required to do the safari? We usually do MK and Epcot every trip, but we switch between AK and DHS every other trip. We did AK in May, so we were doing DHS this time. I don't want to use one of our days (non-hoppers) on AK if we're not going to stay the whole day. Make sense?

Thanks!

Mitzie
10-18-2011, 08:48 AM
We did the Sunrise Safari a couple of years ago...really liked it. Yes, two years ago, only club level guest could go..not sure if that has changed. I do know we needed a park ticket for the day. They had us meet up in the lobby pretty early, and they scanned your park tickets there at AKL. Then we loaded two buses and went in the back way..really neet seeing the behind the sceens stuff. We loaded up the normal safari vehicles and off we went. The tour was longer and more in depth than the normal safari ride. Once we were done we exited at the normal spot and our guides walked us through the park to Pizzafari were a huge buffet breakfast was set up in the back room. Our guides sat and spoke with us and we learned a great deal about the park as well as AKL. Our guides husband worked with the birds at Flights of Wonder and she was one of the cm who we would see out feeding the animals at AKL. Overall it was a great experience and we highly recommend it.